Author Topic: How many VTSC Biker Scouts are in your army?  (Read 49783 times)

Offline Brisk Arper

• Jedi Initiate
  • ITS A TWAP!!!!
    • View Profile
    • mandalorian mercs
Re: How many VTSC Biker Scouts are in your army?
« Reply #210 on: August 2, 2006, 06:42 PM »
the only place round by me that stock any decently priced figures is toysrus...(im in the uk at the moment)..and they are going at £9.99 a piece...the equivelent of 18 to 20 bucks...so i have none...but i hope to get some when i hop over the pond in a few months...if not...i'll get some at tru...but i dont relish doing that
in the words of a famous admiral......

ITS A TWAP!!!

Offline Kit

• Jedi Initiate
  • "I want more clones and I know I shouldn't."
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 3, 2006, 06:28 AM »
That Wal-Mart will never clearance them, not in the next three weeks at least, at which point I'll be back in in Fort Collins and they will be all yours. ;)

Ryan, with my luck scoring on clearance items that I actually want, I will most likely score on a bunch of Greedos'. :P

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 3, 2006, 11:40 AM »
I can't wait for WM to start clearancing these out. I'm going to recruit my brother to pick some up for me on the East coast where they're just not moving.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 3, 2006, 11:48 AM »
I can't wait for WM to start clearancing these out. I'm going to recruit my brother to pick some up for me on the East coast where they're just not moving.

You should tell him to check it out. I know the Walmart by me has the VSTC for $8 now. If he does find them don't forget your friends. ;)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 3, 2006, 12:51 PM »
My local SWM got in like 6 cases of these a couple of days ago. I hid a large chunk of the scouts in hopes WM will lower their 10$ price tag soon.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 5, 2006, 02:53 PM »
Not sure how, but I found another Biker Scout for 2.98 last night at a Target far away from my house.  Must have been something someone hid and I stumbled across it after the stock clerk found it.  There were also 3 Tusken Raiders - bringing my total on him up to 7.

17 Total Biker Scouts.

Offline madoka

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 5, 2006, 08:00 PM »
My local SWM got in like 6 cases of these a couple of days ago. I hid a large chunk of the scouts in hopes WM will lower their 10$ price tag soon.

You know, judging by your lack of principles, just stealing them would take less time.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 6, 2006, 01:09 AM »
And for the win. . . 52 Scouts!

I see you like to share with everyone else.
I remember my dream now.

Offline madoka

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 6, 2006, 02:41 AM »
And for the win. . . 52 Scouts!

I see you like to share with everyone else.

Yup, I got 50 of them online from kbtoys and hasbrotoyshop, one from ebay, and one b&m.  And, surprise, one month later they are still available in quantity at either online store.  So rest assured, my collecting habits didn't affect anyone.

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #219 on: August 7, 2006, 10:01 AM »
That just seems like a huge waste of money to me.  Especially since I got mine for $6 and 3 and change. ;D
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 7, 2006, 10:33 AM »
I got the majority of mine from Black Sheep Toys on Ebay.  I paid retail plus a little for shipping, but I saved gas and time.

The rest of mine came in "Cases" that I bought at various online stores.  Sure I have a tone of Greedos left, but I'm sure a customizer will want them.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 7, 2006, 07:59 PM »

You know, judging by your lack of principles, just stealing them would take less time.

dude considering how much hasbro is ripping us off for these figures i think it's just fine.  if you're buying these in any sort of quantity, if you're not scalping them that is, you're an opener/army builder whatever so the extra $5 or so that these "vintage" figures are costing you're just throwing away when you open them.  there is really nothing at all special about these figs except for the packaging.  all the articulation and paint apps were standard for pretty much the whole of ROTS.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 8, 2006, 09:42 AM »
Got another one in trade. Up to 23.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 8, 2006, 10:59 AM »

You have the right to judge? You don't even know me or what I do with these figs...I don't even keep them for myself. A cheaper figure is a cheaper figure. ALOT of folks could vouch for me here on THIS issue that I help out. Lack of principles?..what do you know about that? Coming in here, flaming somebody you know nothing about making crude suggestions. I'll let it slide since you apparently didn't think before you typed ::).

The DS

Offline madoka

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 8, 2006, 01:29 PM »
What else do I need to know about you?  You're hiding figures hoping that they'll go to discount.  That's a selfish weasel thing to do.  You cheat others wanting to buy the figs and you cheat the store of it's rightful/expected profit.  In the long term, they may not order as much since they had to clearance out stuff, all so that you get cheaper figures. 

I don't care how many people think you're cool or what else you've done.  What you are doing by hiding these is unethical and borderline illegal.