Author Topic: TR1ER's Customs  (Read 18261 times)

Offline TR1ER

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Commando Customs
Re: 327th Star Corps! Update 2/20/06
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2006, 02:20 AM »
Nice weathering, although the red on Bly's pauldron stands out a bit.  I do like the weathered helmet on the right clone.  Nice work.

I was thinking the same thing but did he not have a red one in the movie? the little Unleashed figs have a red on I think? :-\
A site dedicated to all types of customs from GIJOE,STAR WARS,MARVEL and 12" scale. So stop on by and check out http://www.commandocustoms.com/board/ .

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2006, 12:42 AM »
I think your Star Corps looks great.  The weathering is top notch.  Keep it up!

Offline TR1ER

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Commando Customs
Commander Bacarra SA and Removable Helmet!
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2006, 01:23 AM »
What up my peoples time for a new clone custom! I was looking at my bacarra and thought to myself man Hasbrow really messed up a great figure.
After some thought I figured what the heck I might as make a new one with one of my extras. I went with a to hell and back look to him. this is how I thought he would look after coming back from a mission all dirty and battle scuffed. with all of the things blowing up and stuff I figured there would be a lot of dirty snow and thats how he would look dried up.
I also decided to go with a removable helmet I dremeled out Bacarras helmet to fit the head from the ATTE gunner and I think it came out great. well I hope you guys enjoy the pics!

Last command before Order 66!

Just thought I would share this with you guys. I was at menards durring the week with the wife looking for some paint for the house. so I went by the Dremel section like I always do at any tool store and saw this 10 pc. burr set. I thought to myself these might come in handy one day, and as you can see they did! I think I paid no more than $6.00 for the set was not much.

I used the one on the left to start things off and used the little round one to finnish the inside.

This is a great little set to add to your tool of the trade when making customs.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 01:47 AM by TR1ER »
A site dedicated to all types of customs from GIJOE,STAR WARS,MARVEL and 12" scale. So stop on by and check out http://www.commandocustoms.com/board/ .

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Commander Bacarra SA and Removable Helmet!
« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2006, 01:42 AM »
Masterfully done, the way Hasbro should have made him.  Great job on parts swapping, dremeling out the helmet and battle damage.

:P

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2006, 01:47 AM »
Great job on the dremmel!
Its time consuming and you did a great job on this one!
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline TR1ER

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Commando Customs
« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2006, 01:49 AM »
Thanks guys for the great feedback and yes you are right about that. I spent more time Dremeling out the Helmet than I did the custom! :'(
Not too bad for my first Helmet Dremel job I think. ;D

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 26, 2006, 08:44 AM »
Awesome man. The battle damage is perfect, and you did a great job on the helmet. Looks production with his helmet on, great job. Where'd you find that Dremel set? I only have two Dremel bits and i paid like 5 bucks each for 'em.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline TR1ER

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Commando Customs
« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2006, 10:38 AM »
DN I picked up that set at Menards for for about $6.00 I think they were not much. You may be able to find that set at your local hardware store.

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2006, 11:10 AM »
Absolutely what Hasbro's should have been. and the weathering looks like I would expect after that hellish battle on Mygeeto. Genius work, man.

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2006, 06:44 PM »
Good work. I'd buy one.
My trade thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10408.0
Email is your best bet to contact me.

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 26, 2006, 07:09 PM »
Well, I did bust my bit on my dremmel drill.
Also you obviously did a great job dremmeling because when I dremelled out my Bacara Head I made a hole near the back.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline TR1ER

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Commando Customs
« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2006, 07:12 PM »
Well, I did bust my bit on my dremmel drill.
Also you obviously did a great job dremmeling because when I dremelled out my Bacara Head I made a hole near the back.

I know what you are sayen homie as I started to feel the heat I let up on the dremel.I kept on Dremeling until the head fit the helmet perfect,

Offline TR1ER

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Commando Customs
« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2006, 10:31 AM »
What up my peoples it's ya boy T to tha back again with some clone goodness. Here we have a Ultra Super Articulated Commander Bly w/ Removable helmet and soft goods Kama  :D. A custom that I thought was going to be quick and easy took me 2 damn days to make!

For starters I had to Dremel the hell out of that Clone Commander helmet to fit the ATTE Gunners head. I also had to shave down the Head a bit just so that the head would fit the helmet. and trust me it is a tight fit. but I think he came out well I hapy with it and I hope that you all enjoy him.

Parts:
Head: ATTE Gunner
Helmet: Red Clone Commander
Shoulder Pauldron : Red Clone Commander
Mid section to neck joint: #41 SA Clone trooper
Belt w/ Holsters and : Red Clone Commander with soft goods Kama
Waist to knees : ATTE Gunner
Knees down : #41 SA Clone Trooper

« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 10:34 AM by TR1ER »

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
Re: 327th Star Corps! Update 3/22/06
« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2006, 11:26 AM »
NIce work. The soft good kama really works. Youve out done yourself on this one. I have no idea how you got all those parts to fit together so seamlessly. Your weathering is always top notch. I like the removable helmet on this one, that was the perfect touch. Tr1er you da man!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: 327th Star Corps! Update 3/22/06
« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2006, 01:04 PM »
I think I would have kept the helmet on his head. I really hate that hasbro head and its stupid expression. Great custom though dispite the head. A nice softgood skirt works well here. It would be nice, however,  to see a few scratches on the yellow painted armor. There are alot of scratchs on the white areas but the yellow paint is still perfect.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours