Author Topic: Want A Republic Tank?  (Read 4742 times)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Want A Republic Tank?
« on: May 14, 2003, 12:41 AM »
Hopefully most of us Clone Wars fans have had a chance to play Clone Wars... The dominate vehicle in CloneWars is the Republic Tank... I'm wondering who actually liked the tank, and also who would like to see the tank made into a near-scale vehicle.

I think if the Tank was made 21st century style, it'd be a must-buy for even those who werent too fond of it.

Personally, I thought the tank was too advanced, or rather, it didn't have enough flaws to not be in the OT... there should have been some kind of drawback to explain why it was not used but the AT-ST's were. A toy would be cool, but I'd rather see scale Gunship turrets instead. Thoughts?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Want A Republic Tank?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2003, 01:02 AM »
I rented CW when it came out and beat it in the same week...  Wasn't my favorite game, but it was good enough to keep me entertained to the end.

I would love the Republic Tank personally, especially if the Jedi fit in it and it were to-scale...  

I'd love to see an AT-XT (I think it's XT anyway) also...  The forerunner to the AT-ST...

That'd be a neat lil toy to have.  To-scale of course again.

I'd buy 2 or 3 of each actually, if they came about like I'd want them to be.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2003, 09:21 AM »
I think since the jedi piloted it it was destroyed in the purge,but,I would really love one,as they are awesome,but are kinda big,so they would be out of scale I think.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2003, 01:45 AM »
Yeah dude, those things are actually really cool in Galactic Battlegrounds too.  They are a little underscaled in that game.  I'd buy it if the sculpt looked right.  Hasbro killed the deluxe spider droid, I loved the idea of that thing but it had poor execution in toy form.  I'd have to wait and see the product.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2003, 04:10 AM »
The AT-XT is, actually something from past EU sources for the classic trilogy.

It's actually appeared in numerous comics and such.  It was an early production sketch of the AT-ST used as a variant walker in the employ of the Imperial Armor divisions.

Possibly it has a different specialty, or simply is left over stock from the clone wars that the Empire still choose to keep in service.  

As for its scale, it wouldn't vary in scale much from an AT-ST judging by pics I've seen of it, so if they made one, even to-scale (An approximate scale that is), it wouldn't be a large item at all.

AT-ST's are only over 8 meters tall.  Not that big, especially when the height's all from the thin legs, and there's not much "body" to it.  Same with the XT.

I'd take these just to use in classic dioramas then. :)  
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jedirhino

• Jedi Initiate
  • The party's over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2003, 12:10 PM »
If they are doing vehicles that is a number one on my list!!!!

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2003, 04:27 AM »
I'd love to get my hands on one of these...

- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2003, 09:57 AM »
I'd love to get my hands on one of these...

I've always wanted one of these made, but I highly doubt Hasbro will make one.  I've seen a custom-made Republic Tank made out of LEGO's before though.
dustrho