Author Topic: Best Part of the Prequels: TPM, AOTC, ROTS, or Clone Wars Toon?  (Read 8360 times)

Offline 212th Battalion

• Jedi Initiate
  • oh crap...
    • View Profile
Re: Best Part of the Prequels: TPM, AOTC, ROTS, or Clone Wars Toon?
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2006, 09:27 PM »
i liked ROTS and battle scenes but the one i like most was the battle on utapau scene.
Momar and Fester

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2006, 01:18 AM »
Order 66!
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 7, 2006, 07:48 PM »
I enjoyed the clone wars, they were the best animated cartoon I have seen in a while.  :)
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline commander apoc

• Jedi Initiate
  • Fine by me.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 8, 2006, 01:35 PM »
Connecting the OT with the PT was a difficult job after episode 2, but the did a hell of a job!

Episode 3 is my personal best, the figting, the suffering, etc, etc.... briljant, when I went too so it in the theaters I was more than overrun :o, no movie did that ever to me.... ;D
There can never be enough clones.....

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 8, 2006, 09:43 PM »
Yeah I know eh, such a funderful feeling to see clones and droids blown apart on the big screen and all the drama mixed into it to turn it into a tragedy.
I think it could have done without all the crying anakin.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline commander apoc

• Jedi Initiate
  • Fine by me.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 9, 2006, 02:27 PM »
I think it could have done without all the crying anakin.

Sad but true, but there's nothing wrong with a crying man
except in my army then...... ;D
There can never be enough clones.....

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2006, 10:19 PM »
my order:

ESB- a rich, epic, and original plot that changed movies forever-and ICMG!  ::)

CW- as spuffy said, very imaginative and overall fun. really creative, cool to see illum and yavin and hypori and muunilinst and all the new jedi (tarr, voolvif, shaggy, roron, foul...ok, maybe not shaggy!) the shaak ti and kit fisto action was my favorite jedi stuff from the entire saga if you ask me

AOTC- the cool mystery and the arena battle

SW- the cantina and grand moff tarkin

ROTS- GRIEVOUS!

ROTJ- cool movie, still hate ewoks

TPM- for me, annoying Jar Jar and whiney anakin cancelled out qui gon and darth maul  :P. but i still love pit droids, the final duel, and the podrace
« Last Edit: November 23, 2006, 11:44 AM by Pit Droid »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2006, 10:44 PM »
I liked the overall context of the prequels: the political intrigue and the culmination of civilization on Coruscant, presided over by a corrupt Senate.  I liked the role of the Jedi, and the fact that they had become somewhat complacent in their role in the universe. 

The prequels provided a nice socio-political juxtaposition to the OT by setting up the civilized Republic that devolved into an Empire and a rebellion.

I also liked the shades of moral conflict.  In the OT, the bad guy wore black (Vader) and the good guy wore white (Luke...at least in ANH).  But you knew who was good and who was bad.

Obi Wan, a wisened product of the "Old" Republic learned that sometimes things weren't so simple.  Things changed when viewed "from a certain point of view."

Jango Fett was "just a simple man, trying to make his way in the universe."  He genuinely cared about his "son."  But he cast his lots in with the wrong crowd.  Was he good?  Bad?  Choosing sides at all, or just paying the rent?

Was Dooku an evildoer, or just a misguided idealist tired of the Senate's corruption and the weak will of the Jedi Order? 

Was Palpatine a bad guy, or was he trying to restore stability, if not democracy, to a bloated galaxy governed by beuracracy?

Did Anakin turn to the Dark Side, or was he being loyal to the government instituted by the People under the direction of their chosen leader ("This is how democracy dies...to thundrous applause.")

Of course, all of those moral ambiguities are clarified in the subsequent movies; the Jedi way is the right way, the Dark Side is bad, Palpatine's power was just as corrosive as the corruption of the Senate, Jango's mercenary ways ended up being not just his, but Boba's, undoing....

But that's the way life is: you make choices in the heat of the moment's fires without really knowing where you'll end up.  The prequel trilogy sets up the chaos from which the clarity of the OT's morality tale emerges.

They have their flaws, but all in all, the prequels play a vital part in the bigger stories that the saga tells. 

Jar Jar sucks, though.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2006, 05:50 PM »

Jar Jar sucks, though.

a good ending to a long post. very nice!  :)  8)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2006, 02:18 PM »
That's a tough one for me Beacause I view it as one big story I love the jedi and to see them fight in their prime is awesome I thought it was all cool i view jar Jar is totally for kids alot of prequel stuff delt with politics and how corrupt a goverment
can be boring for kids and some adults.Jar jar kind of lightened the moments in the movies .I loved the clone wars series too.I can't decide .Although I recalled Luke kind of whiney too "But I was going to Toshe Station to get some power convertors" Lucas wanted to get us to root for anakin because we all know who he gets to be
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!