Some of you may remember the seated Emperor Palpatine I did a while back. I created another version which is not too different than the previous one but it does have a few changes.
Original Version can be seen here: Emperor Palpatine Version 1
I will upload more images in the near future.
Version 2 Parts Used:
1. The chair, figure and hands are from POTF2 Final Jedi Duel Cinema Scene.
2. The head and outer cloak and clasp are from ROTS Emperor Palpatine Firing Force Lightning.
3. Arms are from OT Anakin
4. Hood is from POTJ Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi).
5. Unleased Darth Sidious base.
1. The chair was removed from the base using a Dremel and sanded. The body was severed in two and readjusted so that it would sit in a reclined position. This took some sanding and reworking to get it just right. I took a lot off the bottom of the figure in order to get it to sit even lower. The arms were added. The head was removed and not used. The outer cloak (ROTS) was split in the back and carefully glued (using ZAP) to the figure. The cloak is soft enough where you can begin glueing and work your way down making sure the robe sits well on the body. Some trimming will be necessary around the back, underside and near the hands.
2. The head is glued to the body.
3. The hands were painted the same tone as the face and attached to the arms. The arms are then attached using ZAP.
4. The hood was cut from the rest of the cloak and the clasp was added and painted flat black. Since the hood was smooth and the rest of the figure had texture I painted a piece of gauze to the hood and when it was partially dry I removed it. This left a fiberous pattern on the hood. Not great, but better than smooth.
5. Painted the base in semi-gloss black.
1. Xacto knife
3. ZAP glue
4. Flat charcoal spray paint (body), gloss black paint (base), Olive, red and light gray for hands.