Author Topic: The Simpsons  (Read 61241 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Official Simpsons Toys Thread
« Reply #225 on: September 10, 2004, 04:31 PM »
Maplewood ;)

Offline The Devils Ewok

• Youngling
  • Kills scalpers dead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 10, 2004, 04:33 PM »
Maplewood ;)

I used to work out in Maplewood for a while, that TRU can be good to me sometimes.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #227 on: September 10, 2004, 04:35 PM »
Yeah its been really good lately...you posted at the Simpsons Collectors too, right?  AFT? He-man.org?  I know I've seen you around, welcome to the site BTW :)

Offline The Devils Ewok

• Youngling
  • Kills scalpers dead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 10, 2004, 04:37 PM »
Yeah its been really good lately...you posted at the Simpsons Collectors too, right?  AFT? He-man.org?  I know I've seen you around, welcome to the site BTW :)

I'm alot of places (not He-Ma.org, that line lost me after Super ninja muffin baker He-Man and I could never find a Man-E-Faces)

AFT
ToyBuzz
MovieManiacs
Sandtroopers
NoHomers
etc

Nice to see fellow MN's here, anything you're looking for I should keep any eye out for?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #229 on: September 10, 2004, 04:42 PM »
I'm all caught up, we have a little clutch of Minnesotans (and occasional Canadian) that post here...

Minnesota Finds Thread

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 11, 2004, 12:16 AM »
I'm all caught up, we have a little clutch of Minnesotans (and occasional Canadian) that post here...

Minnesota Finds Thread

Occasional Canadian checking in, sir.  Greetings DE.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #231 on: September 20, 2004, 09:15 AM »
Completed my Simpsons collection on Friday with the delivery of the Town Square Playset w/ Jebediah. Thanks for the Memories  :'(

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 20, 2004, 10:09 AM »
Completed my Simpsons collection on Friday with the delivery of the Town Square Playset w/ Jebediah. Thanks for the Memories  :'(

Very sad, it is.  Not sure what to do with myself these days.  Scaling back in so many ways, now down to selective McFarlanes (maybe 1 per series), an occasional LOTR and every shred of SW available ::) 

I do wish this line had continued, even without the voice chips.  I was looking forward to Sasquatch Homer and a final THOH set :-\

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 20, 2004, 10:15 AM »
Yeah, I wasn't ever really able to get into this line, although there have always been a few figures I wouldn't mind having sitting on the desk here (Homer for sure, maybe Ralph, Bart, etc.)  It seemed like a "fun" line to collect too, and if I hadn't had as much $ wrapped into Star Wars, I might have considered it more.  It is however, sad to see it come to an end.  But, congratulations Scott, even though it is a little sad, it has to be satisfying to have a true "complete" set, and knowing you are done.  Although you don't ever really want to see lines end, there is a part of me that thinks it is satisfying knowing that you have the whole works, or that you aren't continually getting further behind with each wave release.  Cheers to the Simpsons line, they had a good run.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #234 on: September 20, 2004, 10:22 AM »
I was a little bit worried about the set because Newforce was not allocated their full order amount AND they were right smack dab at the heart of whole Ivan mess last week, they got most of the sets out of there in time and then hauled ass out of town.  Seems like they are OK but no word on how their building fared

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 20, 2004, 10:45 AM »
STill ordering from Newforce :o  Rick's a good guy, but they sure seem to get the shaft on their order allocations and from more than one company.  I'd like to order more from him, but just can't count on them :-\ 

Soon Homer shall be complete...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #236 on: September 20, 2004, 10:49 AM »
Yeah they are pretty much the only game in town for Simpsons besides AFX and EE and they charge tons more, I think he's got a good relationship with Playmates and was able to keep his orders fairly well with them

For some reason Hasbro has continually screwed all of their E-tail accounts over and he gets the worst of it

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 5, 2004, 09:40 PM »
Is there a promotion this Halloween with Burger King? :-\

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 11, 2004, 01:39 PM »
Not sure if anyone has seen this yet, but Michael's Review of the Week has a lengthy feature up on the World of Springfield line.  I haven't gotten all the way through it yet, but it looks like a good read.  I believe he also has a couple Simpsons reviews up today as well.  This is a line I really regret not picking up a few along the way, and wouldn't mind having some of the main ones...particularly Homer and maybe the "main" family.  Hopefully those re-releases will come to light eventually.  Anyways, you can check out the feature HERE

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #239 on: October 11, 2004, 01:48 PM »
Weird, i just finished reading that :P  Excellent Article, RIP WOS, you were a drain on the wallet and I'm sort of relieved its over but it was worth it and I treasure all of them very much.

I wonder how long it will be until someone cranks out some Maude Flanders customs?