Author Topic: The Simpsons  (Read 61249 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Official Simpsons Toys Thread
« Reply #240 on: October 11, 2004, 02:07 PM »
I love my Homers, no doubt about that. 

Brian, you should be able to pick up some loose stuff super cheap these days, $2 a piece I'd bet, so near the whole family for the price of a VOTC. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 10, 2004, 10:15 PM »
Here or bustups, who knows where it should go? 

clicky for news.  Yup, Simpsons bust ups.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 28, 2004, 10:36 AM »
Anyone else been finding Wave 1 from 2000 for $2.95 at their TRU clearance aisle?  It caught my eye when I saw a bunch of Krusty figures hanging there, then Bart with Santa's little helper.

Are these really 4 year old stock, or have they been rereleased?
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 28, 2004, 12:09 PM »
I heard they were supposed to re release the old figures, so that might be what you saw.  Did the packaging look like the old packaging? 

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 28, 2004, 02:28 PM »
I heard they were supposed to re release the old figures, so that might be what you saw.  Did the packaging look like the old packaging? 

I sorted it out myself today.  I went to the clearance aisle and checked out the package, it's 2000 - old packaging.  In the new Simpsons figures section, the packaging says 2004.  I think it's just old stock that never got out.  Or maybe a scalper returned his stash  :o
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 30, 2004, 01:57 PM »
Wow!  That's a great find!  Congratulations!  ;D :)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 16, 2004, 09:15 AM »
Although most of you already have what you need for this line, I was just reading over at SimpsonCollectorsSector that the re-releases have been showing up at TRU around the country for the non-clearance price of $2.95.  Seems like a pretty good deal.  I didn't check our store last time I was in there, but might have to take a look and see if they have a Homer or possibly some others.  Have any of you seen these at your local TRU, and for that price?

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 16, 2004, 10:03 AM »
Last time I was at TRU I found loads of Homer, Mr. Burns, Bart, Krusty, and a few others that I had. No signs of Lisa or Grandpa - the only 2 I would actually buy if I saw them  :-\

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #248 on: January 18, 2005, 10:00 AM »
McFarlane Picks Up The Simpsons

Damn...I don't think I can do this and I won't...I won't ...I won't
« Last Edit: January 18, 2005, 10:07 AM by Scott »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 18, 2005, 10:29 AM »
Meh, we'll see.  Depends what they look like.  The idea of a boxed set, perhaps like the Kiss or Motley Crue sets doesn't do much for me.   Too much $$ for me to spend on something like that. 

Any sign of the bust ups yet?  I only want a Homer bust up to fill out the collection, so if anyone sees them ;)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 20, 2005, 04:40 PM »
In strange news, TRU actually dropped the price on something.  In this case it was the Military Antiques Shop from $39.95 down to $12.98, so just a shade over $14 after taxes, much more palatable, so I picked it up.  Didn't really care for it and still don't, but it's the only playset I own that I can hook Stephen Hawking into, so it was necessary.  Anyone have a loose Barney they're not using ;)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 5, 2005, 03:33 PM »
As a fan of bust ups, I was hopeful for the Simpsons stuff due out this summer, but hadn't gone looking for pictures.  In my boredom, I found this:

Wow, pretty neat I'd say.  I was hoping for simple stuff, but this is much cooler 8)  I wonder if Scott's in trouble now?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 27, 2005, 04:22 PM »
I see that the first wave of the Bust Ups (which Brent posted above) is supposedly out now, at least somewhere, according to 16bit.com.  Apparently Wave 2 is set for a Spring release with a "fun with food" theme, including Chief Wiggum, Apu, Sanjay, Bart, Marge, and Homer.  I'm slightly tempted by these, just because I kick myself for missing out on the regular Simpsons figure line.  I'd still like to go on ebay and see if I can't find a Homer, but maybe the prices are higher now.  I might have to take a look, this has reminded me that I always wanted to get a few of the figures.  Anyone buying in on these bust ups?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 27, 2005, 09:52 PM »
  I'm slightly tempted by these, just because I kick myself for missing out on the regular Simpsons figure line.  I'd still like to go on ebay and see if I can't find a Homer, but maybe the prices are higher now.  I might have to take a look, this has reminded me that I always wanted to get a few of the figures.  Anyone buying in on these bust ups?

Cool, hopefully I can find these somewhere when I'm down in Florida.

As for kicking yourself Brian, I think you should be patting yourself on the back instead.  Not much has held it's value and if you're looking for loose figures, many you'll find below cost.  Some of the Treehouse of Horror sets have held their value (I-III) and the GITDH Homer is up there, otherwise you can snag full series sets of loose figures for $10-15. 

Playsets are similarly cheap.  A store near my work has Dr. Nick Riviera's playset for $4 CAD.  Man, that's tempting.

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 31, 2005, 05:21 AM »
The bust ups will be in comic shops this Wed.
Can`t wait to see them!

I`m still missing the last playset with Jebadiah (sp?)  >:( Never saw it around
here.
Adam