Author Topic: The Simpsons  (Read 61247 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: The Simpsons
« Reply #300 on: January 20, 2008, 11:39 PM »
I just spent the entire last two days sorting and picturing over 200+ Simpsons Figures.  Its killing me to think of parting with them but there is no space and my interest in The Simpsons is about as low as it ever has been...so now is the right time.

I should have everything up for auction by next weekend I think because it will take that long to sort pictures and write up the auctions.

I also wanted to give myself a pat on the back, I only lost one accessory out of all of the figures and playsets that are out there, a Mic Stand for Tuxedo Krusty.  I'll probably make a folder here at JD for posterity :-[

« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 11:48 PM by Scott »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 21, 2008, 12:38 AM »
 :'(
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #302 on: January 21, 2008, 04:18 PM »
:'(
You know, I was really sad Saturday, mainly because I hadn't looked at them in almost 2.5 years and yesterday I was melancholy, today, I'm looking forward to getting back some money.  Based on loose auctions I should more than get back what I paid out...which will be nice :)

After that I have the Hurculean task of LOTR stuff which is a little better organized but just as much a pain in the butt

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 21, 2008, 04:29 PM »
I have to echo Brent's  :'(, its kind of sad to see you part with them Scott.  Its really a nice looking collection (same with LOTR).  I can't say I don't envy you a little bit though.  After reorganizing things and trying to find room for new stuff, I really just collect too many lines at this point.  I don't have much room left, and I think I'm going to have to have the guts to unload something at some point as well...or at least pack it away.  Best of luck on your sales though, hope they all go well.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 21, 2008, 04:40 PM »
That you should get back more than you paid is awesome news Scott.  It sounds like you've timed it well then because not that long ago (last summer) I was watching entire loose series' go for $10 total.  That was depressing to say the least, though I picked up a few pieces rather cheaply. 

LOTR is probably my most significant toy regret to be honest.  I think those toys were extremely well made for a very reasonable price.  But.... I just didn't need to own those. Fortunately I really only ever obtained about 20 figures in total, so it's not too painful.

Still, I'm really sad to see you selling off that collection.  I've always really liked that display and for me I have no intention of parting with the Simpsons stuff I own.  Thankfully I only really chased after Homers and a couple of odd characters like Stephen Hawking and Hank Scorpio.  Plus the THOH stuff of course, but I still enjoy those pieces.  There's a few pieces I never got that I wish I did (comic book guy) and a few pieces I could have done without (Mr. Burns) but I'm ok.

I'm still buying the McFarlane stuff for the Homers, though not all of them.  It's funny seeing your pics though, I'd completely forgotten they did the Devil Homer.  I just picked up the McFarlane Devil/Angel Homer set because I thought they were both new.  Half new I guess instead. 

Good luck with the sales though, I hope it works out really well for you.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #305 on: January 21, 2008, 04:57 PM »
From what I've seen (and this is generally ture whatever you do) Lots sell like crap, most of the exclusives and Playset Figures will fetch top dollar and balance out the Series 10 Wendells and Series 12 Mr Largos.  Also the tail end stuff is still going for well above retail.

What I am not looking forward too, shipping lots and lots of boxes. Thanks for the well wishes guys and the condolences

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 22, 2008, 09:13 AM »
Just out of curiosity, if I may ask, what made you decide to part with the collections (Simpsons/LOTR)?  Also, are you keeping anything from either one?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #307 on: January 28, 2008, 08:54 AM »
Just out of curiosity, if I may ask, what made you decide to part with the collections (Simpsons/LOTR)?  Also, are you keeping anything from either one?

Pretty simple I went from this much space:

To this:

I hadn't even unpacked them since we moved 2+ years ago

I also have pretty much lost all interest in the show so while I loved the trip down memory lane, I'll be happier with the moolah :)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 28, 2008, 09:26 AM »
Ah, good reason, that makes sense.  The old space issue is always a problem, and one I'm facing now too.  That's why I'm giving so much thought on picking up new lines like DCUC and GI Joe.  Those, combined with Star Wars, Marvel, and probably some Indy makes space a premium.  I always say it, just too much nice stuff out there these days.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 28, 2008, 10:20 AM »
I don't doubt the moolah will be most welcome.  Maybe you can use it for a road trip to Winnipeg.  Maybe August '08 :P

I'm itching to get my room done and finally start putting stuff out simply so I can figure out what I don't really want anymore.  I think of the sheer volume of stuff and it's simply overwhelming:

LOTR
Simpsons
McFarlane Simpsons
McFarlane Sportspicks
McFarlane movie maniacs stuff
Marvel Legends
DC Classics plus all the other DC stuff I have
Indiana Jones - vintage and modern to come
Master Replicas - helmets, FX sabers
Gentle Giant - maquettes, busts, statues
Kubricks
And a small quantity of Hasbro star wars items. 

On and on it goes, so I'm really curious to see how much of it I'll part with.  As for the Simpsons, I haven't really watched the show in years - an episode here or there is about it - but I loves me some Homer.  He's such a wonderful mockery of society in general. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 4, 2008, 10:28 AM »
So?

How'd the selling go Scott?  Are ya rich?  What went for a lot?  What was the nicest surprise?  What was the most disappointing?  How much of a pain was it to ship all of that and where did you find all the boxes? 

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #311 on: February 4, 2008, 11:58 PM »
So?

How'd the selling go Scott?  Are ya rich?  What went for a lot?  What was the nicest surprise?  What was the most disappointing?  How much of a pain was it to ship all of that and where did you find all the boxes? 
I'm not rich but I far exceeded my expectations which just gives me more incentive to purge out more of the basement ;D

Nicest Surprise...I knew it to be true but I was shocked at how much people paid for the last 5 Waves.  Also, almost 50% of the people are in Canada/South America/Spain. 
Biggest Dissapointment...Some of the early Wave 3-6 stuff I thought was going to go higher than it did.  Also the playset figures went a little lower than I thought they would.
Shipping...I think out of close to 200 auctions there are 40 or so buyers.  So its not as bad as I thought it was going to be, it could have been better but I'm done packaging and just need to keep bothering my local Post office lady

I still have to sell the playsets...not sure how that will go yet but I hope some of them will sell

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 19, 2014, 08:49 PM »
Had to dust off this thread due to the announcement of the Mark Hamill figure (along with other celebrities):

http://www.usatoday.com/story/popcandy/2014/02/19/simpsons-celebrity-figures/5605225/

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 19, 2014, 08:54 PM »
Cool. Looks like TRU will have them too which is nice.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 27, 2014, 12:20 PM »
Saw the first wave at TRU today. Liked the Heff. Wanted to punch the Kid Rock in the face. Didn't buy any. Will wait for Mark.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within