Author Topic: The Simpsons  (Read 61240 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Official Simpsons Toys Thread
« Reply #165 on: March 26, 2004, 01:52 PM »
Does your Deep Space Homer fall over?  I find the stance on this to be odd.  Some are a little wobbly, but this version is positively teetering over backwards.  Space sickness?  Decrease in bone density?  Crappy sculpt?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #166 on: March 26, 2004, 01:56 PM »
He has a strange foot (angeled I think), you really need to work with his arms to get him to stand right

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 26, 2004, 02:41 PM »
Nah, just put him at the back of the display and lean him on THOH2 :-*  Just too much like an effort to get him to do otherwise.  The foot is angled, like he's taking a step.  

Hope he watches out for hockey pucks. ;)

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #168 on: March 30, 2004, 08:21 AM »
If you put Homer's helmet on and move his arms out in front a bit he will stand just fine. The falling over is kind of crappy. But nothing is perfect. Have to expect some slacking since the line is ending. :(
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #169 on: March 30, 2004, 01:58 PM »
Dang..no Maude :'(

Those who have been keeping up in our WoS discussion forum have heard the latest news on WoS we have from Playmates: Series 16 and the Town Square set are indeed the final WoS product, except for a possible THOH 5 set this Fall. The results for the 'Save Maude' poll were very positive (and we thank you all for supporting it), but unfortunately it was too late. Due to complicated licence issues beyond their control, Playmates will not be able to do any more new sculpts at all. This is likely upsetting to all WoS collectors, but the WoS line had an amazing run (one of the best of all time, in our humble opinion) and we want to thank Playmates Toys for the toys and the memories. Stay tuned to SCS in the coming months for the latest news and Series 16 sightings.

Also...you can vote on which THOH5 you would prefer...

Vote Here

Looks like #1 is the runaway favorite (and what I voted for!)

1 - The Haunted Mansion that includes the following figures: House of Evil Shopkeeper (Frogurt Guy), Vampire Krusty, Werewolf Flanders, Jack in the Box Homer and Raven Bart

or

2 - The House of Pain that includes the following figures: Marge as a cat, Bart as a Spider, Maggie as an anteater, Lisa as a bird, Homer as a Walrus and Dr. Hibbert with Mr. Burns as a fox around his neck.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2004, 03:27 PM by OCB »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 30, 2004, 03:22 PM »
I'm guessing a five pack of various THOH Homers would be out of the question? :-\

I'd be happy with either of the versions to be honest.  I was very, very disappointed with THOH4 having no Homer figure.  To me it just doesn't fit with the rest of the THOHs.  

Vampire Krusty and Werewolf Flanders are classics and would display well with the spooky lightups.  I also like the Bart as a Raven figure, make a nice pair with the Fly version.  

At the same time I really like the Homer as a Walrus, spider bart (the spider ate the fly???) and Burns fox/stoll (sp?).  

Two more Homers (with GITDH still MIA) :'(  RIP

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #171 on: April 2, 2004, 11:06 AM »
Awwww ****

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 2, 2004, 10:32 PM »
 :D

Well, I ain't seen them yet, but when I do....

Ya gotta know SW can't be far behind, then you'll be sure to have company Scott.  Do you need super skrull?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #173 on: April 2, 2004, 11:44 PM »
Oh...no I don't >:(  I got three of the six I needed, Super Skrull, Red Skull and Ultron. Still need Punisher, Venom and Black Bolt, I think I'll just pick them up on eBay and sell all of my doubles and triples and quadruples (which are around 50 in all :o)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 2, 2004, 11:59 PM »
Yeah, sorry I didn't pick better :-\  Still, three of them anyway.  Do you have a spare black spidey?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #175 on: April 3, 2004, 12:02 AM »
Not sure...I think I do though.  Not your fault such is the nature of these little bastards.  I think I can resist the Simpsons ones or else just buy a complete set and save some $$$  Although rare singles sell for around $3-$4 a piece which almost pays for a pack itself

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 3, 2004, 12:15 AM »
Well, I'm doing ok resisting right now, but since you sent me a spidey one and I picked up a Black Cat ::)....  

Hope you do resist the Simpsons or do it otherwise, but I really would like to watch the mayhem with a Star Wars series.  Maybe we're not the target age group though :-*

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #177 on: April 15, 2004, 09:48 AM »
http://www.simpsonscollectors.com/releases.asp?id=755

THOH5 ::)

Over 80% of the people voted for the other version (Werewolf Flanders, Frogurt Guy, Jack in the Box Homer, Raven Bart and Vampire Krusty)

And yet Playmates decides to go with this set.  Not that I won't buy it, I guess the other one too me and a lot of other people was a lot better (I think variants were way over done in this line...and we actually got a new figure in the other set)

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #178 on: April 15, 2004, 09:17 PM »
The last set for the Simpsons and they blew it! The Mananimals are not cool. I was really hoping they would go for the Jack In The Box Homer, Raven Bart, Alien Maggie, Vampire Krusty, Werewolf Flanders, the Frogurt Guy, and a wacky Snowball II that were planned. That would of made a much better set. But I always say be happy with what they put out. They did not have to make it in the first place.
So sad to see this line end...
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 16, 2004, 01:28 AM »
Hmmph, I think I stated previously that I was in favor of the version they actually picked?  Man, am I fickle, now I'm not so pleased.  

Homer is fine, I would have taken either.  Bart as a spider is great as a complement to the first THOH Bart as the Fly.  SPider and the fly.  Sorry, twisted sense of humor.  

The jack in the box Homer was less appealing to me than the Walrus, but Bart as the Raven was an all time classic.  I love Poe and it would have been great to have Homer in his smoking jacket with Bart as the Raven (yes, I know this wasn't the plan, but I can dream).  Maggie, Marge and Lisa are all ebay fodder for me anyway.  Maggie goes to Jim's wife, the other two for sale.