Author Topic: Found where all U-Clones were hiding...  (Read 4036 times)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Found where all U-Clones were hiding...
« on: April 13, 2006, 12:41 PM »
I went to Target on my lunch break and found 27 Utapau clones.  Yes 27.  There were maybe 4 or 5 other figs as well.  Does this mean the hype for them is dying down and people are returning them?  Looks to be.  If anyone has any spare Scorchs I would love to trade for a couple.  I plan on going back after work just to grab a few,
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 01:15 PM by Jeff »

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Found where all U-CLones were hiding
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 12:43 PM »
Jeez, and I though I found a lot when I saw 6 at once at TRU. I guess the scalpers, finally realized they are no longer worth it.  :)
"This is the way."

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 12:48 PM »
Makes sense to me Jim. We got that wave over a month ago..that's how I ended
up with over 40 to trade. Looks like they finally hit en masse where you live now. ::)

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2006, 01:13 PM »
I think that things are dying down.  This always happens.  After the weeks of crazyness with #41, I used to see dozens inthe pegs at WM and Target.

I saw a few this morning at Target too.  The U clone is cool but considering that there is not a surplus of things to pin them against in a diorama, even for army builders it is easy (well easier) to draw the line. 

I may get a few more if I see them at TRU during the 3/2 sale, otherwise I will stick to my 5.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Found where all U-Clones were hiding...
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2006, 01:23 PM »
Yeah, I have 8 of them.  Might pick up a few more along the way, but really not much of a need to.

:)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2006, 01:42 PM »
I had a real **** as grin on my face when I saw them and thought thats about right.  I did find it humorous at least.  It will be interesting to see how many are there on my return trip home.   

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2006, 11:43 AM »
Did you luck out and still find some Jim?

Just curious to know if they stuck around.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2006, 12:32 PM »
I've been seeing these in greater abundance is well.  3 at Target yesterday, 3 at KB, 2 at TRU, 1 at Walmart.  They're around regularly now.

The scalpers are turning their attention to Biker Scouts and starting to lick their chops on the Tatooine Wave.

I know a lot of people refer to "scalpers" as these supernatural boogey men that raid their toy aisles and steal everything they want before they can get their hands on it, but I actually have a confirmed scalper on my toy runs now, he admitted it himself.  He races, and I mean runs into Target at 8 AM to the Hot Wheels section, then to Marvel Legends, and then to Wrestling.  Luckily for me, he always avoids the Star Wars section for some weird reason.  The dip**** wears a UPS uniform.  Other collectors who I meet on these toy runs tell me that he says he sells them to other people who work at UPS for almost double the retail price, and apparently nobody there is into Star Wars right now.

There are reports of a 2nd scalper in the area that comes from a city 20 minutes away and raids the Walmarts at midnight, but I haven't actually seen this one yet.

At any rate, it does sounds to me like a massive scalper return there Jim, he couldn't unload them on eBay or anywhere else so he just got his money back.  I'm not really surprised, I mean, these people have to pay $7.50 per figure just like us, it's hard to mark them up that much more to turn around and make a profit.  It was much easier in the $4.99 days.

:)
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2006, 01:01 PM »
I have seen a lot of Utapau Troopers over the last few days... Would've picked them up if they included more accesories...

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2006, 01:20 PM »
I still haven't seen a single one at retail  :'(

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2006, 05:21 PM »
Did you luck out and still find some Jim?

Just curious to know if they stuck around.

I was able to score 6 of them.  They were for the first few people that emailed me.  Dave, if I see more I would be glad to pick you up a few.  They seem to be showing up every couple of days here.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2006, 08:50 PM »
I still haven't seen a single one at retail  :'(

Your not the only one. But unfortunately my morning runs are limited to the weekends. Ive been hoping to find a couple more.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2006, 09:59 PM »
These are Starting to Become A Little More Common Down here in South Florida. Now I only pick Up the Ones W/ Perfect Paint Aps. To Build My Utaupau Army 22 and Growing.  ;D
Fritzkrieg

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2006, 01:36 AM »
They're becoming findable around here.  I'm not gonna go on and say "abundant" right now, as when I pass on them at any given moment they're gone the next time I'm at the store...  Definitely not sitting here yet, but they are more readily available anyway.

I've passed on maybe 5 total...  I never have seen more than 3 at a given time though.  I buy one here and there, sometimes two as funds permit, but when I saw 3 I left one of them...  Spread too thin right now.

Scorch and Cody are still the "hot" item that I can't get ahold of in stores.  ALl of Coruscant Wave actually is hard to find here yet.  The other 3 waves are stagnating somewhat, though Scorch and anything 1-per in a case is still not too common.  Like even the Gonk Droid isn't terribly easy to find and that wave's been out a while.  Oddly enough I'm noticing Veers drying up a bit too, even where Hoth Wave's in mass abundance like TRU was before this sale.  Even the Gonk's easier to find than he is at the moment.

VTSC isn't even outside the backroom yet so I'm not even judging it at the moment...  The Scout's gonna be a pain though for everyone.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77