Author Topic: SA IG-88?  (Read 4133 times)

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
Re: SA IG-88?
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2006, 10:07 PM »
What about reworking the joints with a stikfas style ball joint?  (Similar to Gregorbian's work on GG bodyguard.)  You'd probably need to butcher at least 2 IG-88's to get it right (assuming you're not going to try casting).

Wow, I can't believe I forgot about Stikfas joints  ::).  I am a moron.  I just finished stikfas-jointing a Snow Trooper (replaced all of his joints with stikfas ball-joints to see what it would look like).  In doing that I had to dremel down each Stikfas "male" ball-peg so that it was just the ball and a stick (it looked like a small lollipop, if that makes sense) and then I had to dremel down the female ball-socket.  You would probably have to do the same thing for an IG-88 figure.  Aside from the time-consuming nature of that project, I still think the stikfas joints would be a tad too large.  You might have to beef up the arms a bit more and make him an IG-90 or something  ;)
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2006, 01:03 AM »
Another idea would be to work some bendem type points for joints. I'm working on a custom that I'm working on doing that for the arms and legs. Making them really flexible and adding the wire to give them the hold. They only work with thin limbs. I think it would look good and work well on his arms, but I have no solution for the legs. All you would need to do is cast little boot that covers the elbow and add the wire in the middle which would connect the arm together too. The legs I don't even see any were to put a joint, is there any pictures that show his leg articulation?
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline RollaJedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Twisted by the Dark Side
    • View Profile
    • Coreplanets.com
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2006, 09:34 AM »
Does anyone know if hardware stores, such as lowes maybe, would carry some kind of small screw, pin, connector that may be very similar to a stikfa joint, or just something that would be used for articulation?
W W W . C O R E P L A N E T S . C O M
www.coreplanets.com
Missouri and Kansas Star Wars Fan Site

Offline Talon_Karrde

• Jedi Initiate
  • NO! This one goes here; and that one goes here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2006, 11:05 AM »
Has anyone ever seen a super articulated IG-88 droid made?  Just curious since the only ones I've ever seen are hasbro's neutral posed versions.  It would be really sweet to see him in a firing pose!

Heres a MagnaDroid I did a little while back for my son.  I used the stikfa parts, and it came out pretty good.  the knees dont match up quite like the original, but my son was happy.   ;D
Hope this helps

« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 11:06 AM by Talon_Karrde »
This is my avatar. Talon Karrde

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2006, 01:29 PM »
Stickfas Joint? Can some one show me a pic of this?