Author Topic: WOTC Star Wars Miniatures  (Read 144902 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: WOTC Star Wars Miniatures
« Reply #495 on: September 22, 2005, 08:27 AM »
I was quite surprised to find a listing for the upcoming AT-AT on Amazon.ca.  Strangely, I can find it on Amazon.ca but not Amazon.com. 

It's listed for $47.59CDN, which is about $40.79US.

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: September 22, 2005, 10:37 AM »
That is a bit odd that they don`t have it on Amazon.com .
Maybe they`ll add it later on, did they have Universe at all? I never checked.

Got Maul on Speeder & Kyle Katarn through trades this week, just need
Luke, Jedi Master and I`m done with this set! He`s on his way, traded an
AT-ST & Destroyer Droid for him.

Adam
Adam

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: September 28, 2005, 03:34 PM »
I just uploaded the JD Miniatures Checklist - feel free to check it out.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #498 on: September 28, 2005, 06:02 PM »
Thanks a lot for those Jesse!  I've already been using the ROTS and Universe ones a TON the last several weeks while I've been wheeling and dealing like a madman around the various minis trading boards...

Still need a ROTS Chewbacca and R2-D2, if anyone's got an extra floating around.  Give me a holler if you do!

- Matt

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: September 28, 2005, 08:28 PM »
Thanks a lot for those Jesse!  I've already been using the ROTS and Universe ones a TON the last several weeks while I've been wheeling and dealing like a madman around the various minis trading boards...

Still need a ROTS Chewbacca and R2-D2, if anyone's got an extra floating around.  Give me a holler if you do!

- Matt

I MIGHT have a chewie, I`ll check in the next day or two and let you know.

Adam

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: September 30, 2005, 05:36 PM »
There's an ad in the back page of Insider #84 about the WOTC AT-AT. Looks pretty damn big, and looks to scale with the 3 3/4 line. Go figure.  :P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #501 on: September 30, 2005, 06:11 PM »
The 3.75" AT-AT (Kenner sculpted one) is actually pretty close to the minis scales.  It's been used for years by the West End Games crowd as a reasonable stand-in on the battlefield.

A 3.75"/1:18-ish scaled AT-AT would be like 40" high or so...  roughly.  The WOTC AT-AT is pretty perfectly sized from what I hear, and I've even heard that the detail on it is unbelievable compared to some AT-AT items that are around.  I can't wait to pick up one and I can't even say I'm THAT into the WOTC Minis line.  I know I have to have this though, and I'm desperate for a couple AT-ST's for flanking support too.

I'd like to see the WOTC line expand to a more army-builder friendly line.  At that stage they'll have me pretty well set to quit the WEG scale and go to the WOTC line exclusively for gaming.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: September 30, 2005, 07:44 PM »
Yup, gotta have the AT-AT.  I finally broke down and pre-ordered mine last week.

I was quite surprised to find a listing for the upcoming AT-AT on Amazon.ca. Strangely, I can find it on Amazon.ca but not Amazon.com.

It's listed for $47.59CDN, which is about $40.79US.

This will be very interesting, because Amazon.ca (CDN site, not U.S.) has never carried toys or collectibles before (to my knowledge).  And after all of the problems people have had with Amazon.com pushing back orders, we'll see if the Canadian operation runs any more smoothly.  After getting raped for customs & brokerage fees for my boosters order from south of the border, I figured I had to try this option...

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: October 17, 2005, 12:19 AM »
So I just finished checking my pending order from Amazon.ca for the AT-AT - it is now listed as being delievered Jan 6, 2006.  Gee, it looks like the Canadian version of Amazon is as unreliable as the US version for coming through with pre-orders.   ::)

May as well cancel my order.   :-\

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #504 on: October 17, 2005, 02:42 AM »
Does GameOutfitter.com not ship to Canada, Jesse?  I'm guessing that must be the case if you're not ordering it from them...

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: October 17, 2005, 02:57 AM »
My 2 cases just arrived today - can't wait to rip into them!

(UPS Customs hit me with $52CDN  :'().

Those 2 cases came from GameOutfitter.com.  Getting spanked with an extra $50 in customs/brokerage fees because they only ship UPS is the reason I just can't afford to buy from them again.   :'(

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #506 on: October 17, 2005, 03:15 AM »
Oh yeah, I forgot all about that fiasco.  That sucked.  Well, check your PMs and LMK what you think...

I'm actually canceling my Universe cases order with GameOutfitter, since I've pretty much traded for most of the set already.  Still have a few needs left though, including the Darth Maul on Speeder first and foremost.  So if anyone's got one of those lying around, LMK and I'll tell you what I've got to potentially trade for it.  Thanks!

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: October 17, 2005, 11:12 PM »
Well I finally made it over here, Matt. Nice little place you got here  ;). I'm just getting into this line and once I grabbed my first booster, it was all over! Now it's time to play catch up. If anyone has a list of extras they have for sale/trade post a link for me. I am looking for all ROTS, CS, and some RS and Universe. As of now the only notables I have to spare would be 2x Thrawn and a Nute Gunray from the Universe line. Also, where is the best place to buy cases?

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: October 18, 2005, 12:34 AM »
Well I finally made it over here, Matt. Nice little place you got here  ;). I'm just getting into this line and once I grabbed my first booster, it was all over! Now it's time to play catch up. If anyone has a list of extras they have for sale/trade post a link for me. I am looking for all ROTS, CS, and some RS and Universe. As of now the only notables I have to spare would be 2x Thrawn and a Nute Gunray from the Universe line. Also, where is the best place to buy cases?

Ray your best bet will be F & S.  They give a pretty good discont on cases there.  I think they're sell Universe cases for under $70.

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: October 18, 2005, 10:16 PM »

Ray your best bet will be F & S.  They give a pretty good discont on cases there.  I think they're sell Universe cases for under $70.

Thanks! I figure I future lines from F & S. Since I'm having to back track though for the previous lines I'm thinking Ebay is the only way to do this. Unless there are still some online stores with cases of the RS, ROTS & CS available. Those CS cases are going to give my wallet a beating though!  Cheapest I've seen them going for is like $180 :o