Author Topic: WOTC Star Wars Miniatures  (Read 143899 times)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: WOTC Star Wars Miniatures
« Reply #630 on: June 15, 2007, 01:30 PM »
More painting anomalies with these pieces...in this Alliance and Empires set.

Looking at my two Aurra Sings; One is really white skin, the other is dark grey skin. Very noticeable difference.

I read somewhere(was it the Minis site?) that the initial shipments on these will have all characters with square bases different from other WOTC SW sets that are usually round. However, later distribution of this set will contain characters with the more normal round bases. ::) They attribute the square base towards a 30th anniversary salute/knod---not sure I see how a different base type gives a knod towards 30th AV though ::) :P.

I admit I was thrown off at first by the square base design :-\.

DS

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: July 16, 2007, 04:37 PM »
Lately, I have seen the 'new' set Rebels and Imperials 'boosters' at Wal Mart stores in the SW isle.
Info only- for those that didn't know this is a 'refresher set' that includes 2 Mini's per 'booster' and retail was $5+. This set is meant to give folks a chance at figs missed from other sets..there are 24 total different pieces to get(12 are VR or R's).

They are very small on cardback with a 'Vader Helmet' blister hiding the 2 random included pieces.
I noticed them last week-my shocker was that they are at WM- a store I haven't seen mini's since ROTS.

DS
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 04:40 PM by Darth Slothus »

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: July 17, 2007, 01:27 PM »
Lately, I have seen the 'new' set Rebels and Imperials 'boosters' at Wal Mart stores in the SW isle.
Info only- for those that didn't know this is a 'refresher set' that includes 2 Mini's per 'booster' and retail was $5+. This set is meant to give folks a chance at figs missed from other sets..there are 24 total different pieces to get(12 are VR or R's).

They are very small on cardback with a 'Vader Helmet' blister hiding the 2 random included pieces.
I noticed them last week-my shocker was that they are at WM- a store I haven't seen mini's since ROTS.

DS

Are the mins in this just repacks from Rebel Storm or from some other sets as well?

Frankly, you'd think people would be better off buying 7 minis in a Rebel Storm booster from a comic store for $14

Jeff
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: July 17, 2007, 02:03 PM »
No, Jeff, they're from like 4 or 5 sets.

For instance I got a 'Dagobah Luke' from bounty's

and an R2D2 from and even earlier set

DS

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: July 24, 2007, 02:02 PM »
An informatory note in case anyone reads in here ever....

WOTC 'alliance and empire' boosters can be found at Target stores now. I was just in a local Target store and, in the trading cards section was the new set and some 'rebels VS imperial' boosters as well.

DS

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: July 30, 2007, 12:52 PM »
Case anyone's reading ...this year at the Con a 'promo' Battle droid was passed out at the SW miniature table in the Hasbro booth. I don't believe it's a 'true' promo though, as it has no identification as such on the underside of the base as they usually do.

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: August 2, 2007, 12:32 PM »
Case anyone's reading ...this year at the Con a 'promo' Battle droid was passed out at the SW miniature table in the Hasbro booth. I don't believe it's a 'true' promo though, as it has no identification as such on the underside of the base as they usually do.

Yup.... still reading!  If there's not marking on the base I wouldn't consider it a promo... just a "goody".  I need to get a league going over here and try and score some league kits (for what it's worth)

Jeff
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #637 on: September 13, 2007, 07:39 PM »
Now this thing is cool!  (hopefully the Speeder's windows look better though)

Almost makes me want to grab a couple, one to open, and one to keep sealed.  Of course, that would entail me having to go back and do the same with the prior AT-AT and AT-ST, which I'm not too overly keen on doing.

I'm still in dire need of catching up on the BH and COTF sets, since I pretty much just skipped those releases out of sheer laziness.  Doing better on the Alliance and Empire set though, and may even be up for some minis trading again soon (I know I've got an extra VR Boba Fett from that set for sure).  Here's the Force Unleashed boosters from RS too:

Interesting.  I thought all 60 of these might just come from the game, but fortunately it looks like they're going to mix in some regular movie stuff too, based on the Dagobah Luke picture there.  Anyone keeping tabs on what's coming (rumored) from this one?

Pretty sure that was one of the older monthly league tournament Promos, as it did have the "Promo" logo on it, just nothing about it being specific to SDCC.  I'm so far behind on all the promos now that I may ditch all the ones I have so far.  Just way to hard to get when you don't actually "play" the game, but just collect the minis, like me.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 07:40 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: September 13, 2007, 08:11 PM »
Matt, do you know the contents of that Hoth pack? I can't tell from the pic what may be behind the left packaging window(Imp's side). They would have been smart to include the HTF snowtrooper w/E-Webb blaster; I hope it's in there.

A cool set indeed ...a way for folks to pick up VR and R figs (tauntans, vader, obi-spirit ect) if they couldn't get 'em before.

Is this available at retail or etailers?

DS

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #639 on: September 13, 2007, 08:42 PM »
Matt, do you know the contents of that Hoth pack? I can't tell from the pic what may be behind the left packaging window(Imp's side). They would have been smart to include the HTF snowtrooper w/E-Webb blaster; I hope it's in there.

Well, it says that there's 17 pieces included in it, and we can only see 13 of them by my count (including the AT-ST and Snowspeeder), so that means that there should be another 4 Imperials hidden in that front left corner still, one of which is supposedly a Holographic Veers.  I've got to assume the E-web Tripod Cannon thingamabob has got to be in there too, since it's already been made and would be needed to offset that Rebel Laser Cannon there.  Probably that, the Holo Veers, and a couple more Snowtroopers hidden in there to round things out, I'd imagine.  Or perhaps an AT-AT Driver?  I can't even recall right now if they've ever made one of those before...  Have they?

No idea where it'll be available yet.  Hopefully retail though, like the AT-ST was.  Much easier (and usually cheaper) that way.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 08:44 PM by JediMAC »

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #640 on: October 4, 2007, 04:20 PM »
Anyone up to starting a thread for trading for minis?
I STARTED ONE:
http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=16092.0

The coolest part and the worst part is the random mix you get. i recently have started collecting and have a lot to catch up on. I have a nice pile of extras including rares & semi rares plus others. I would love to get some stuff I need while getting stuff I missed. I am looking for a lot of commons & uncommons alike.
« Last Edit: October 4, 2007, 04:49 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #641 on: October 9, 2007, 11:24 PM »
I'll check your trade thread out to see if there's anything of interest in there for me.  I'm long overdue in updating mine, so I'll try to do that soon!  In the meantime, drool over this Force Unleashed minis poster:

Some cool looking stuff in there for sure, and I'm excited to see that this whole series won't be solely dedicated to TFU, and that they're still sneaking in some nice OT stuff.  No idea why they're essentially re-releasing the same Bespin Escape Leia as in the Alliance & Empire line from a few months ago.  That's bizarre.  Nice to see Amanaman in the mix finally!  That Hoth battle sure is rounding out pretty nicely as well.  8)

Thanks to jedi_master_sal for the pic!

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: October 10, 2007, 10:32 AM »
More than glad to help.

Oh and here are some hi-res of a few of the minis in this set.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 10:54 AM by jedi_master_sal »
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Star Wars Miniatures Battle of Hoth
« Reply #643 on: November 20, 2007, 09:40 AM »
Has anyone seen this pack before? It looks like a new target exclusive.

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #644 on: November 27, 2007, 05:17 AM »
I pointed that set out several posts up, Paul.  But yeah, it just hit stores this week.  I found the Target exclusive one you've got pictured there (w/ the bonus Bounty Hunter booster attached), at an Arizona Target several days ago for a whopping $60.  I'd definitely be interested in knowing if they'll be hitting elsewhere for cheaper though (w/o the bonus booster).

Definitely a cool set though.  The nice window box setup really makes me want to grab a second one to keep packaged.  Argh.  I actually bought two of them, and am going back and forth on whether to return one.  I hate annoying (expensive) collecting decisions like this...  >:(