Author Topic: WOTC Star Wars Miniatures  (Read 144482 times)

Offline chuckles

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: WOTC SW Miniatures (RPG/CMG/Clix)
« Reply #225 on: October 14, 2004, 10:51 PM »
Looks pretty cool, though what is up with that jetpack? Where is that from? Battlefront?

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #226 on: October 20, 2004, 02:22 PM »
I guess it's kinda an "EU" jetpack...   ::)

Just checked the uber-cheap site I bought my boosters from, and they appear to have more back in stock right here, for under $8 a pop (singles, sets of 6, or a full case of 12).  Might be worth a look if you've still got a ways to go!

Also, it sounds like the Clone Strike release has been pushed back a month, to the first week of December...

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 20, 2004, 08:48 PM »
Just need a Fett and COmmando on Speederbike, assuming my Dewback arrives...
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #228 on: October 21, 2004, 12:26 AM »
Good luck with those Adam!  Hopefully you don't really wind up trading away ALL of your commons and uncommons for them though...   :-\  Have you tried trading on MaxMinis.com or the WOTC site?  That's where I did most of my trading, and I was actually able to upgrade a lot of my extra Commons and Uncommons for Rares and VR's.  Made about 6 or 7 trades on those two boards, all successfully.  Helped me finish my set off for a lot cheaper than I ever could've any other way.

Also, JDub over at RS shot me this link to some more CHEAP Booster packs at Overstock.com (in their book section of all places).  Only $7.59 each!  Limit of 4 per person though.  Actually one cent cheaper per figure than a case from GameOutfitters.com, which has had the best price I've ever seen on these...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #229 on: October 24, 2004, 12:51 AM »
Yep, looks like I'll definitely be picking up some Clone Strike figures too...  Check out WOTC's latest preview:

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 25, 2004, 01:07 PM »
I jsut got into this game about 2 weeks ago.

After buying about 6 or 7 packs, I already have 4 of the bounty hunters ncluding fett, the emperor, and dewback.

Pieces aren't so rare in this game, unlike Heroclix...

My one favorite about thsi game is, it's ok to have doubles, especially stormtroopers and the likes. Because then you can have mass armies. In Heroclix, if you have five captain americas, or moloids, or whatever.. they are useless... but not in Star Wars...

I actually even got people in my hall interested in this game, so, here's hopin to a good year of
gaming.

Just checked the uber-cheap site I bought my boosters from, and they appear to have more back in stock right here, for under $8 a pop (singles, sets of 6, or a full case of 12).  Might be worth a look if you've still got a ways to go!

Did you get the packs yet, and if so, did you get rarer stuff. At such a low price, it wouldn't surprise me if they opened and swapped figures around. It's been doen before.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2004, 01:09 PM by Dimetrodon »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #231 on: October 25, 2004, 02:33 PM »
Mmm.... Padme.

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #232 on: October 25, 2004, 04:11 PM »
Did you get the packs yet, and if so, did you get rarer stuff. At such a low price, it wouldn't surprise me if they opened and swapped figures around. It's been doen before.

Nope.  All were sealed Andy, and I got plenty of the R's and VR's, including Fett, etc.  A lot of folks ordered from them and I haven't heard of any problems to date.  I'd just be wary of Booster packs that you can buy at local stores that may have been returned by another customer, or stores that are selling the minis individually...

Cool Padme, except for the freaky yellow eyebrows...  But dammit, I don't want to collect the Prequel stuff!  Seriously!  I refuse to...  Honest.

****...   >:(
« Last Edit: October 25, 2004, 04:12 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 26, 2004, 02:41 AM »
I refuse too, I jsut want an ARC clone, and that's it.
and thanks for the info man.
and furthermore, wow.. wow for rememberign my name. haha

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #234 on: October 28, 2004, 04:38 AM »
...and furthermore, wow.. wow for remembering my name. haha

Surprising, at my advanced age and senility that I'd remember anyone's name at this point!   :P  But I sent you some figures last year Andy, so I guess your info is still stuck back in the deep recesses of my noggin' somewhere...   ;)

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 28, 2004, 04:16 PM »
I ended up ordering 5 boosters from that one site, UPS trackign number says they arrive tomorrow. Excited? You bet I am.

I've also played 4 Games and am undefeated. I've been teaching peopel to play the game out here at college, we're supposed to have a big team up match. Hopefully if the boosters come tomorrow, I get good stuff.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #236 on: October 28, 2004, 06:48 PM »
Funny thing is that I don't think that ANY of us here that are collecting these play the actual game.  Maybe Jesse does, but that might be it.

I just love miniature ****!   8)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #237 on: October 28, 2004, 08:36 PM »
I have played it, but I personally like the West End Games version better and rather use the new minis in the old game. 

Bob (Bobafett14) is playing it though, or tries to when we have a meeting, so that's one...  If "Blue Harvester" is who I think he is, he too is playing it, or at least as much as Bob is.

It's a good enough game.  You guys should try playing some time, but I like combat games between "armies" more.  IE: Squads of troops, larger forces on a table, little more "military" feeling than WOTC's game.  WEG's version was tailor made for combat with troops.  "Heroes" were a secondary aspect to the game that was possible but not as important.

Generally the hero was a squad sergeant or something.  :)  Some guys snuck in Han leading a group of commandoes, or Luke or someone as a "goal" to be rescued or some crap.

I haven't even bought a set myself.  I bought commons from some local guys just to army build.  That's the extent of my minis buying.  Can't find them for a price I'm pleased with paying though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #238 on: October 29, 2004, 02:03 AM »
If "Blue Harvester" is who I think he is, he too is playing it, or at least as much as Bob is.

He is.  He says he knows you Jess.   ;)

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 29, 2004, 10:04 AM »
So like 4 of us play the new game then.. or to some extent. The comic store at the mall near here is starting to get into it. the D&D and Magic crowds are playin it there now.
I must check it out.

I never had anyone to play the WEG version with, just a lot of the minis from it, some of which still need to be painted.

My package is scheduled to arive today with the boosters, so heres hopin for good junk