Author Topic: WOTC Star Wars Miniatures  (Read 144679 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: WOTC SW Miniatures (RPG/CMG/Clix)
« Reply #270 on: December 17, 2004, 05:05 AM »
You lucky dog, you!  I'm still waiting on all of mine.  No idea what the hold up is.  Seller never wrote me back either, so I have I don't know if they've gone out yet, or not...

But hang tight, 'cause more trading's gonna be comin' your way soon Jim (and Jay)!   8)

BTW, I was able to snag one of the Clone Strike promo posters the other day, from a local collecting store.  Unfortunately, they tossed out their old Rebel Storm one that I'd wanted for quite a while.  Anyone by chance have an extra one of those?  Desperately seeking one now, I am...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #271 on: December 17, 2004, 06:20 AM »
speaking of desperately seeking stuff...

Are you guys building up armies of extras of these figures?

I know a guy looking for Tusken raiders (any and all) to game with...  I know I'd kind of dig army builders (Any and all) from the series too.

If anybody's got these things to spare, hit me up with a PM.  I'd like to buy in large groups than individuals though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #272 on: December 17, 2004, 04:09 PM »
Just found out from Jay that I may be getting jacked on my sets by the eBay seller NeoToys.  Apparently he's not delivering ANY of the hundred or so sets that he's put up on eBay, and has now been hit with a TON of negatives and Paypal refund requests.  ****.  I'm screwed.

Here's a summary of the saga over at WOTC's boards, and you can see his eBay feedback quickly declining right here too (if 30+ negatives THIS WEEK can be considered declining).

I'm thinking that after this fiasco, that maybe I'll pass on the "prequel" minis after all.  Maybe this was supposed to be a sign...  I'll still probably wan't to scoop up some of the fringe "EU" characters that seem to have ties to the various OT aliens though.  So I'll keep you guys posted on that.

:-\

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 17, 2004, 04:34 PM »
Well that doesn't sound very good Matt. PayPal account locked due to complaints so no refunds going out, blamming it on the new guy, done before from what I read. 

If you guys paid via PayPal, I would get your money back. Hope this all works out for you guys.  :-\

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #274 on: December 18, 2004, 08:37 AM »
What a crock of **** dude.

What's with the name too...  NeoToys sounds familiar, but I don't ebay much so is he a forum member or something somewhere?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 18, 2004, 10:47 AM »
Never liked ebay myself, but this guy really gives it a bad name.

Offline chuckles

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 18, 2004, 12:18 PM »
Wow, sorry to hear about that Matt. This guy really put the screws to a lot of you. Hopefully you will at least get your money back.

Sucks too that it soured you on buying this series at all. But, if you do decide you want a select few of the EU characters, just let me know and I can hook you up with some of my dups, if you'd like.  :)

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 18, 2004, 02:04 PM »
That sucks Matt.  If you ever want me to check on what a going rate for a case is at F&S, let me know.  I got one two weeks ago for $95.  It's probably cheaper now that a few weeks have passed since the release date. 

Jay

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #278 on: December 18, 2004, 02:56 PM »
Ya' know, now that this crap has happened, I'm starting to think the "NeoToys" name sounds familiar too, and I'm guessing that some folks have mentioned him over at 'Scum at some point.  He had perfect eBay feedback of 600+ going into this transaction, so I wasn't worried at all.  But damn, when it rains, it pours!

I might just keep my eyes peeled for some complete sets of Clone Strike on eBay instead.  If I see any drop all the way down to $125 - $150, I may go for it.  I think some of the Rebel Storm complete sets eventually dropped into the upper $100's, and since Prequel collectibles usually go for less than OT stuff, it may be possible to snag a set for pretty cheap.  We'll see...  Otherwise, I'll probably just snag some of those "EU" fringe figures off of one of you.   ;)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 18, 2004, 03:54 PM »
Now that you brought it up Matt, do a search for NeoToys on all forums over at RS, 9 listings I found. You can also go this route.   ;)

Offline SilverSpyder

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 18, 2004, 06:38 PM »
There have been some reports of people finally receiving their cases from NeoToys in the past couple days.  So maybe you will still get your case(s) soon.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 22, 2004, 08:45 AM »
Hey Matt, your NeoToys seller is now listed as No longer a registered user.

73 negatives in a very short time.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 22, 2004, 02:00 PM »
I saw this over at RS on... well you know who!

OT...I thought I had a good BIN :-(

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #283 on: December 22, 2004, 02:04 PM »
I can't even leave the bastard MY two negatives now.  That sucks!  Oh well.  Hopefully Paypal comes through for me with the refund.  I filed a complaint with them several days ago.

No prequel minis for me!   :P

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 22, 2004, 02:08 PM »
Oh I'm sure PayPal will refund taking into account the negatives he's got plus if the others paid via the same method & complained, there should be no problem.

Best of luck & keep us posted Matt.  :)