Author Topic: WOTC Star Wars Miniatures  (Read 144479 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: WOTC SW Miniatures (RPG/CMG/Clix)
« Reply #285 on: December 22, 2004, 06:24 PM »
I've been keeping an eye on this thread for a while.  Very uncool.  I'm a little off topic, but I was wondering if he was telling the truth about PayPal complaints causing NeoToys account to be locked.  Does making a formal complaint with PayPal actually slow down the refund process?  (assuming he actually had any intent to refund people)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #286 on: December 22, 2004, 07:10 PM »
Yeah, I've been wondering that myself Jesse...  Actually a lot of the "winning" bidders involved have been asking that.  I just don't know.

I'd imagine that if the seller's contacted by a small handful of people personally, that he can just refund the money from Paypal, no problem.  But I'd be willing to guess that if Paypal starts simultaneously receiving more than just a handful of complaints against a specific seller, that it'd be in their best interest, as well as of those who paid money, to freeze that seller's account immediately so he can't access the money and potentially withdraw it all and try and take off.

They've probably got some Complaint/Refund demand limits installed at Paypal that sound the alarms to freeze an account when necessary.  Either way, I had asked the seller personally (prior to involving Paypal) for a refund several times, but to no avail.  So I went with the Paypal route after that, and we'll see how that goes.  I'd imagine if they've ever seen a slam dunk case of fraud where people are deserving of refunds, this would have to be it.  Could 50 or so people all complaining about the same seller all by lying?  I don't think so...   :-\

Someone over at 'Scum totaled the auctions that NeoToys is currently scamming folks on, and came up with a figure over $10,000.  :o

Bastard.

And you know what?  I honestly don't think the guy originally set out to rip anyone off.  He was a seriously legitimate seller prior to this, and was trying to clear things up for a while when this whole fiasco started...  My guess is just that these were all pre-order cases (which he never stated) and he didn't get them in, or he did and has been super lazy this month for whatever reason, and hasn't sent hardly any of them out.  But then he made up an excuse to buy him some time, which turned out to be a flat-out lie that a number of people caught him on, and then it just quickly snowballed after that.  When all of his customers found out he was lying, they all immediately assumed the worse and started complaining and demanding refunds, which I'd guess lead to him freaking out, and completely giving up on trying to rectify things.  Kind of a riot/mob scene, and he never had a chance.  If only he had just been honest with everyone, he might've saved his business.

Very bizarre...
« Last Edit: December 22, 2004, 07:16 PM by JediMAC »

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 23, 2004, 12:52 AM »
Definitely a scary situation.  Ebay can be so unpredictable as it is, so you'd think it would be safe to trust the ebayers that have proven to be reliable.  It's scary when even the guys that have been so honest in the past suddenly turn (whether intentional or not) and screw over even 1 person, much less the growing numbers in this case.   :-\

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 25, 2004, 11:59 PM »
People on the WOTC board have reported geting there cases so alls not lost with him.. but i've actually had enough of neotoys and all this BS thats been going on

I just want to say that I hate clone officers.

All I get are clone seargents and comanders, and never the troops.

It's like having nothing but Patton... except that Patton was good..

actually its more like having a lot of jelly and no bread.

I hope they end up doing an EU oriented set, or at the least more EU figures. It would sure as hell make gameplay a lot more interesting. We'll see.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #289 on: December 28, 2004, 02:18 PM »
People on the WOTC board have reported geting there cases so alls not lost with him.. but i've actually had enough of neotoys and all this BS thats been going on

Well, this seller finally contacted me last week, and said he would be sending me a full refund this week, as per my request.  So what shows up at my house yesterday?  Two Clone Strike booster cases (and no Starter Set that was also part of the deal)...   >:(

I wanted the money back at this point, and don't want these damned cases.  Not sure what I'm going to do at this point now, but I'll keep you all posted...

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 28, 2004, 06:19 PM »

Well, this seller finally contacted me last week, and said he would be sending me a full refund this week, as per my request.  So what shows up at my house yesterday?  Two Clone Strike booster cases (and no Starter Set that was also part of the deal)...   >:(

I wanted the money back at this point, and don't want these damned cases.  Not sure what I'm going to do at this point now, but I'll keep you all posted...

You could give Jim and me one case each Matt.   ;D

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #291 on: December 28, 2004, 07:11 PM »
You could give Jim and me one case each Matt.   ;D

I may very well be up for doing that, Jay.  I'll have to see what Larry at NeoToys has to say, and then decide what I want to do...  I've been going back and forth on it.

I believe the cases were $88 each, which is the cheapest I ever saw anywhere.  So I'd just charge that, plus shipping if I do decide to dump them...  That's assuming I get my $12, or the Starter Set, back as well.  If not, I might up them a few bucks each to offset some of that loss.   :-\

I'll keep you guys posted!

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 28, 2004, 08:18 PM »
If he ends up giving you the refund Matt, I say keep them.  2 cases for free sounds good to me.  I think the the Jedi and Sith just rock in this series.  When around 20 of them have a saber, they just look cool.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #293 on: December 28, 2004, 08:45 PM »
Nah, I don't want to railroad the guy THAT bad!  Technically, I still have an outstanding Paypal complaint against him too, so I should probably contact them tonight to have that case dropped.

I dunno.  The thought of still rolling with the Prequel minis means I'll then have to get the ROTS line as well.  That's nearly $400 on these two Prequel lines, and as most know, I'm not such a big fan of the Prequels.

Argh.  Can't decide what to do!   :-\

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 28, 2004, 08:59 PM »
When did he say you were getting the refund & when were they shipped Matt?

Maybe the best thing to do is contact him & find out WTF is going on & find out about the Starter Set.  :-\

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #295 on: December 29, 2004, 02:00 AM »
He e-mailed me on the 23rd, saying a refund was being sent, and included a tracking number.  The package arrived yesterday, the 27th, with that same tracking number.

Not sure exactly how he mixed up "refund" with "package".   ::)

Annoying, 'cause after the wife's wild Christmas shopping spree, I could've really used that couple hundred bucks back, like he said he was doing...

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 29, 2004, 02:03 AM »
Refund...package, sounds the same to a person who had alot of orders to fill & money to return. Could have got it all mixed up in a rush. Still best to email & find out WTF is going on.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #297 on: December 30, 2004, 03:31 AM »
Well, given that his Ebay reputation is basically shot, and he'll never be able to do business again with that account, I have no doubt that he simply doesn't give two ***** about refunds or packages...  it's probably in his interest to keep the $ really, so (given things as they are) I wouldn't doubt that he's just trying to hose you, again, Matt.   :-X
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #298 on: January 3, 2005, 07:25 PM »
Damn.  Word's starting to trickle in from those who filed Paypal complaints against NeoToys (the seller of those 100+ bogus Clone Strike booster cases) that Paypal is agreeing that the claims are valid and that the seller's definitely at fault, BUT that they're unable to provide refunds to anyone as there's no available funds in his account to withdraw from...   ::)

WTF?!  Are they suggesting that the only way they can give valid refunds to people who get ripped off using their site is if the seller still has money in his account?  Sheesh.  I didn't think that was how it worked, otherwise there'd be very few valid refunds going around.

Never heard back from the guy after I e-mailed him a week ago either.  So I'm short a Starter Set/$12, and am stuck with 2 booster cases that I probably don't want.  What an *******.   >:(
« Last Edit: January 3, 2005, 07:36 PM by JediMAC »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 3, 2005, 07:55 PM »
A member on Snowtroopers looks like he fell victim to the same seller.

Is the PayPal payment through a Credit Card? If so then call your CC company & explain, they will deal with it. If not then I'm not sure what you can do.

I did find this from PayPal...Money Back Guarantee Policy