Author Topic: WOTC Star Wars Miniatures  (Read 144838 times)

Offline chuckles

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: WOTC SW Miniatures (RPG/CMG/Clix)
« Reply #315 on: January 7, 2005, 10:37 AM »

Jim, did you still need an RS Rares?  I might pull one from a trade if you need it, and pass it along to you for another of yours that I need.  So LMK!

Nope, sorry. I picked up all the RS rares that I needed on ebay a few weeks ago. All I need now from the RS set is 6 VRs. Thanks for the offer though.

Any chance of doing a 2 for 2 rare swap from the CS set? Like my Typho and Kaadu for your Tinn and Spider Droid? LMK.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #316 on: January 7, 2005, 02:53 PM »
Any chance of doing a 2 for 2 rare swap from the CS set? Like my Typho and Kaadu for your Tinn and Spider Droid? LMK.

That was my first thought Jim, but the more I thought about it (since I've got so much work to do to complete my set), the more I realized I better "trade up" as much as possible first, before doing the 1:1 trades.  So I already secured a Typho for some Uncommon extras I've got, saving my Rares to hopefully "trade up" for the 5 VRs I still need.  Make sense?   :-\

Sorry.  But I can give you a holler a little later on to let you know what I've still got left...  I've got about 25 offers for that Spider Droid already too!   :o  No interest in the Saesee though, so maybe we can hopefully swing that for the Kaadu still.

I feel bad for not helping you right off the bat though.  Bad friend, I am - I know...   :'(

Offline chuckles

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 8, 2005, 01:06 PM »
No worries on the trade. I should have contacted you sooner too. Let me know, when you get your other deals straightened out, what you have left.  :)

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 9, 2005, 01:05 PM »
Those Spider Droids are hard to get, just as Destroyer Droids.

Got another pack containing an Asajj Ventress... I really know how to pull doubles.
Oh well I guess, It's just more trade fodder.

Never got an e-mail back from yah matt, but when you have 30+ I can undersand that. heh. Even around 10 offers is hard to deal with sometimes.

If any of you other guys needs stuff I already posted my trade list. If you're interested anyway.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #319 on: January 10, 2005, 04:30 PM »
Never got an e-mail back from yah matt, but when you have 30+ I can undersand that. heh. Even around 10 offers is hard to deal with sometimes.

Yeah, I'm still lagging (and sorting through stuff) Andy...  Sorry!  :-[  I've been concentrating on trying to "trade up" for stuff so far, using Commons and UCs to get some of the Rares that I need, so I can save my duplicate Rares to hopefully trade for VRs.  Those are my two focuses right now, so looking at Rares for Rares is my kinda my bottom priority at this point (except for the Destroyer Droid).  I'm determined to complete my set off of just two booster cases, without buying anything else, so I'm trying to be as "crafty" as possible with my trading right now (like I just mentioned to chuckles).  Can't recall off the top of my head what your proposal was right now, but if it was an R for an R, I'll probably want to wait a little longer.  But I'll double check that tonight, and let you know...

Those Spider Droids are hard to get, just as Destroyer Droids.

No ****!  Man, when I put my lists up, almost EVERYONE was asking for my Spider Droid.  Seeing as how in demand it is, I think I might try to hold onto it for only the Destroyer Droid, or one of the lesser VRs, if I can swing either of those.

Still hoping to swap my Dooku for the elusive Maul too.  Boy, this is hard!   :P

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 11, 2005, 11:49 AM »
Anyone need Rebel storm minis? PM me with your lists, might be able to help. I'm short two or three for a set, but wont be going forward with collecting them. Also have the game book released a month or two ago.
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 14, 2005, 02:14 PM »
Just wondering, but do you guys play with scenarios? if so are they your own or out of a book? I'm just searching for some ideas, to start a campaign.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #322 on: January 14, 2005, 02:44 PM »
The funny thing is that I don't think anyone here actually plays the game, Andy.  Even last time around when there were a lot more of us (for Rebel Storm) I don't think we had any gamers - only "collectors".  Maybe Bob plays (BobaFett14), but I haven't seen him around here much of late...

My trading's been progressing pretty well this week.  Looks like I've got both a Maul and Grievous lined up now, so I just have a few more VRs to focus on and then I can get down to swappin' my leftover Rares.  Should know more after this weekend, so I'll keep you guys posted...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #323 on: January 14, 2005, 02:50 PM »
Time to update my list here...

Common figures (16):
  6.  Clone Trooper
  7.  Clone Trooper x2
  9.  Clone Trooper Grenadier
10.  Clone Trooper Sergeant x4
14.  Gungan Infantry
28.  Battle Droid (red) x4
29.  Battle Droid (white) x4
30.  Battle Droid (red) x5
41.  Geonosian Drone x6
46.  Security Battle Droid x4
49.  Aqualish Spy x7
51.  Devaronian Bounty Hunter x6
52.  Gran Raider x6
54.  Klatooinian Enforcer x7
55.  Nikto Soldier x6
58.  Weequay Mercenary x7

Uncommon figures (14):
  4.  ARC Trooper x2
  8.  Clone Trooper Commander x2
15.  Jedi Guardian
20.  Naboo Soldier
31.  Battle Droid Officer x2
34.  Dark Side Acolyte x2
42.  Geonosian Overseer x4
44.  Geonosian Soldier x3
47.  Super Battle Droid x2
48.  Super Battle Droid (arm out) x2
53.  Ishi Tib Scout x5
56.  Quarren Raider x3
57.  Rodian Mercenary x2
59.  Wookiee Commando x4

Rare figures (18):
  2.  Aerial Clone Trooper Captain
  5.  Captain Typho
11.  Agen Kolar
12.  General Kenobi
13.  Gungan Cavalry on Kaadu
16.  Ki-Adi-Mundi x2
17.  Kit Fisto
18.  Luminara Unduli
22.  Plo Koon
25.  Saesee Tiin
27.  Asajj Ventress x2
32.  Battle Droid on STAP x3
37.  Destroyer Droid
38.  Durge
39.  Dwarf Spider Droid
43.  Geonosian Picador on Orray
45.  Jango Fett
60.  Zam Wesell

Very Rare figures (12):
  1.  Aayla Secura
  3.  Anakin Skywalker
19.  Mace Windu
21.  Padmé Amidala
23.  Qui-Gon Jinn (pending)
24.  Quinlan Vos
26.  Yoda
33.  Count Dooku x2
35.  Darth Maul x2
36.  Darth Sidious
40.  General Grievous
50.  Aurra Sing

I also have Chewie, Lando, and 2 Tarkins from Rebel Storm, and a couple more SDCC Promo Stormtroopers, if anyone's interested in those...
« Last Edit: March 4, 2005, 01:30 AM by JediMAC »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #324 on: January 21, 2005, 11:16 AM »
WOTC had a chat at their site yesterday, and here's a few highlights from it:

Repainted minis (whatever the hell that is, but I don't like the sounds of it...  :-\):

WOTC: wotc_robwatkins says, " Alternate paint miniatures are schedules to be in the May 1st league kits."

Star Wars "Huges":

wotc_robwatkins says, "There are 10 huges and 50 small to large miniatures. So the huges are part of the set of 60."

New Lukes, Spirit Ben, Rancor, AT-AT:  :o

wotc_robwatkins says, "Originally, Luke, Rebel Pilot was going to have the Use the Force ability which could only be used if Obi-Wan's Force Spirit points were added to Luke. We deemed that it was too narrow a focus for the effect, so it was removed from Luke Skywalker, Rebel Pilot. Use the Force will appear on Luke Skywalker, Jedi Master. Two other characters which will be appearing in the future are the Rancor and the Imperial All Terrain Armored Transport Walker."

ROTS and Huge minis:

wotc_robwatkins says, "Boba Fett, Young Mercenary and Yoda, Jedi Master will be in RotS. Warmaster Tsavong Lah will be in the Universe set. "

Huge factions:

wotc_robwatkins says, "The Universe set has 7 factions... Republic, Separatist, Fringe, Imperial, Rebel, New Republic, and Yuuzhan Vong. So yes, both of the ones you listed will become their own factions."

AT-ST, and 13" AT-AT!  :o

wotc_robwatkins says, "The AT-ST will be in the Universe (Huge) set. ... The AT-AT would be a separate item that comes with a double sided map sheet. I believe the AT-AT will be 13" tall, 5" wide, and 15" long."

3 New sets in 2006:

wotc_robwatkins says, "We have the AT-AT coming later in the year, with a double sided battle sheet of Hoth. ... We have new terrain tiles and templates coming from organized play this year, along with alternate paint miniatures. We are currently plotting out set lists for three more sets in 2006. The only plans at this time are to rerelease Rebel Storm in Europe."

Snowspeeder delayed...

wotc_robwatkins says, "The decision to go ahead with the AT-AT came after our opportunity to put snowspeeders into the Universe set. We will put snow speeders into an Ultimate Missions book, and you can be certain that there will be snowspeeders in the next huge set..."

EU set:

wotc_robwatkins says, "There are currently no plans for NJO to get its own starter. The Knights of the Old Republic, Clone Wars, Rebellion, and New Jedi Order eras are likely to be presented together in sets."

Those are the highlights for now.  Damn, looks like these are gonna be around for awhile.  Some promising stuff coming down the pipeline.  Still can't get over that 13" AT-AT...   8)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2005, 11:23 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #325 on: January 21, 2005, 03:02 PM »
Hey Adam, PM me your Rebel Storm minis list...  I'm looking for army builders (Stormtroopers, etc.) for cheap...  it's generally been working out since they're most commons and uncommons. 

Building my troops to actually play the West End Games game with the new minis while I amass my WEG army separately incase I run into someone who still uses those ones too...  Nice to be covered on both sides of the gaming fence I figure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: January 21, 2005, 05:18 PM »
The stuff they have coming up is sick.  2005 is the year i'm going bankrupt, lol! ;D

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #327 on: January 28, 2005, 01:37 AM »
I need to bump my old Rebel Storm list back up, since I've been swapping a few of my Commons from it (not the UCs though), and I'm tired of digging through this thread to find it!   :P 

Common figures (16):
  6  Elite Rebel Trooper
  8  Hoth Trooper x6
17  Rebel Pilot x5
18  Rebel Trooper x4
19  Rebel Trooper x5
20  Wookiee Soldier x4 (plus promo)
35  Snowtrooper x4
36  Stormtrooper x2
37  Stormtrooper
38  Stormtrooper x2
41  Bespin Guard
45  Ewok
51  Jawa x3
53  Mon Calamari Mercenary x6 (plus promo)
57  Tusken Raider x6 (plus promo)
59  Twi'lek Scoundrel x7

Uncommon figures (16):
  1  Bothan Spy
  5  Elite Hoth Trooper
15  Rebel Commando
16  Rebel Officer x2
23  Elite Snowtrooper x2
24  Elite Stormtrooper x2 (plus 3 Comic Con promos)
28  Heavy Stormtrooper x2
29  Imperial Officer
32  Royal Guard x3
33  Scout Trooper
39  Stormtrooper Officer x2
44  Duros Mercenary x3
47  Gamorrean Guard x3
49  Ithorian Scout x2
54  Quarren Assassin x3
58  Twi'lek Bodyguard

Rare figures (16):
  2  C-3P0
  3  Chewbacca x2
  7  Han Solo
10  Luke Skywalker, Rebel
13  Princess Leia, Senator
14  R2-D2
21  Darth Vader, Dark Jedi
26  General Veers
27  Grand Moff Tarkin x3
30  Mara Jade, Emperor’s Hand
43  Dengar x2
46  4-LOM
48  IG-88
52  Lando Calrissian x2
55  Greedo
56  Bossk

Very Rare figures (12):
  4  Commando on Speeder Bike
  9  Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight
11  Obi-Wan Kenobi
12  Princess Leia, Captive
22  Darth Vader, Sith Lord
25  Emperor Palpatine
31  Probe Droid
34  Scout Trooper on Speeder Bike
40  Sandtrooper on Dewback
42  Boba Fett
50  Jabba the Hutt
60  Wampa
« Last Edit: March 3, 2005, 12:56 AM by JediMAC »

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 2, 2005, 03:23 PM »
JediMAC,

Thanks for the update.  My two sons and I have been playing RS for the first time this past week.  I know...I am a late bloomer.  The game is very fun, kinda like Chess on steroids.

I have no plans to collect the prequel stuff at this time.  Thanks to Tydirium as of Monday I will have a little over 250 minatures in hand.  Army building and playing is just plain fun :D.

No too bad since I have only spent $105.00 (cash out of pocket) to date and one trade for some loose animated clone figures.

Back to the news, I am very excited about the plans for this line in the future.

ATAT= ;D, sounds like this thing will be close to scale!

Unpainted figures = great, because it looks like on some figures someone fell asleep while painting.  It will be interesting to see how hard these are to get.

DBK     

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 2, 2005, 03:52 PM »
This is bothering me...

Will the RS Set for Europe be identical to the U.S. release or will it be Tri-Logo?  I would hate to drop a lot of coin for the 5 VR's that I am looking for our set to see prices plumate if they are identical.

I will wait.

This site has cases available for pre-order (May) for $104.99.  No mention of any differences and the picture is identical to the U.S. release.

DBK