Author Topic: MLB 2006  (Read 43158 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: MLB 2006
« Reply #240 on: December 8, 2006, 05:40 PM »
I am ecstatic.  And word is Rocket is coming with him.  That'd give us:

Clemens
Pettitte
Mussina
Wang
Isegawa

Randy Johnson can then be free to be an ******* in the dugout instead of on the mound.  Pettitte never should have been allowed to leave in the first place.  He was our stopper in the playoffs.  Need a win?  Put Pettitte out there.

I'm fairly certain that it'd take a miracle, bigger than the Tigers miracle, to knock the Yanks out of the playoffs with that rotation and offense. 
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 8, 2006, 05:47 PM »
come on Dress...

They have a miracle stacked team annually don't they? So what, like it's been alot of miracles over the years that they've been knocked out of the playoffs for awhile?

Don't tell me you have a sports almanac from the future like the 'back to the future' movies either :P

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #242 on: December 8, 2006, 06:01 PM »
I'm fairly certain that it'd take a miracle, bigger than the Tigers miracle, to knock the Yanks out of the playoffs with that rotation and offense.

Aaaaahhh, good stuff...it just never gets old.

John

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 8, 2006, 11:24 PM »
come on Dress...

They have a miracle stacked team annually don't they? So what, like it's been alot of miracles over the years that they've been knocked out of the playoffs for awhile?

Don't tell me you have a sports almanac from the future like the 'back to the future' movies either :P

I will just say this.  The offense the past 5 years has been outstanding.  The only piece that they have been missing that they had in their most recent 4 championship stretch from '96-'00 has been pitching.

Now go ahead and look at that 5 man starting pitching rotation that I listed there.  Add that to Damon, Jeter, ARod, Abreu, Giambi, Matsui, Cano, Posada, Cabrera.  Rivera in the pen still.

I know some of you get a kick out of mocking my affinity for the Yanks pick, but they were still the favorite last year, and with the recent additions, in the correct areas this time, you know they're even stronger now.

They'll probably win it this year.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 8, 2006, 11:39 PM »
 :PI haven't followed the Yanks since My favorite player retired(Paul O'Neill) He doesn't live to far from me.I was heartbroken when he left the Reds,but it was for the best.Now he coaches his son's team and plays alot of tennis
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!