Author Topic: MLB 2006  (Read 43257 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: MLB 2006
« Reply #210 on: October 27, 2006, 11:40 PM »
Congrats to the Cardinals and their fans... consider this your cosmic reward for getting your asses kicked by the Red Sox.   :P

And to the Tiger fans...  wish I could feel sorry for you, but I just can't.   :D
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CloneCommander1

• Jedi Initiate
  • Oh no you did-nt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 28, 2006, 12:00 AM »
Yes, we did get our asses kicked by the Sox.  But anyway, I couldn't be happier for the Cards, and Eckstein really deserved that MVP. 
WAY TO GO CARDS!
It's not just football, it's Notre Dame football!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 28, 2006, 02:06 AM »
Senior circuit?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 28, 2006, 08:00 AM »
Holy crap the World Series is over?  I didn't even know Game 3 was played yet.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 28, 2006, 08:04 AM »
Humph.  So it is!

This might be the luckiest son of a bitch ever in the sport.  Jeff Weaver got thrown off the Angels and exiled to the .500 Cardinals to make room for his younger brother, and here, have a World Series Championship while you're at it:

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 28, 2006, 11:30 AM »
Holy crap the World Series is over?  I didn't even know Game 3 was played yet.

You must not be much of a baseball fan.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 28, 2006, 01:47 PM »
Not during Yankees offseason.  It's getting hard in season, as well.

Also in my defense, this was the lowest ratings World Series in the history of MLB on television.  That goes a long way in explaining my apathy.  Even if I weren't a Yankee fan.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 09:11 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 30, 2006, 02:07 PM »
Congratulations to the most recent non-Yankee World Series winning team (Cardinals). Personally, I care little for the winning team EXCEPT for the small part that ..at least it's not a WS win paid for by the Yankees..(still). For that I congratulate the winner! ;D

My next baseball post will be in April.

EDIT:  Bah, with all the Yankees moves that are going to happen in the offseason, sometime this winter  ;)

So, the Yankees made a move already or....a reneg on that post since it's not winter yet?
Was really hoping for alot of non-Yankee talk in here for awhile..oh well, I guess it wasn't a promise statement :(.

Is there more than 1 Yankees fan in here(JD) or only 1 that posts?

The tigers seemed to go flat after their convincing last two round knockouts..hmph :-\
As he's always been that Eckstein was a real postseason terror to the opponent.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 30, 2006, 02:17 PM »
Congratulations to the most recent non-Yankee World Series winning team (Cardinals). Personally, I care little for the winning team EXCEPT for the small part that ..at least it's not a WS win paid for by the Yankees..(still).

Oh stick a sock in it.

So, the Yankees made a move already or....a reneg on that post since it's not winter yet?

Yes they picked up Gary Sheffield's option, brought Torre back, and said no-go on ARod trades.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #219 on: October 30, 2006, 02:23 PM »
Also in my defense, this was the lowest ratings World Series in the history of MLB on television. 

Yeah, with two upper-midwest teams I guess I expected the low ratings.   Without a team from either coast, it was going to be hard to generate any kind of ratings.

I wonder what the worst possible WS match-up would be for national ratings?

When teams are from the same region (on the coasts), you know that people will watch for the uniqueness of seeing NY vs. NY or Oakland vs. San Fran.  But other "super-regional" series seem like they'd do awful ratings wise...

Would folks on the East Coast stay up late for Twins vs. Brewers?
Would folks west of the Mississippi care about Tampa Bay vs. Marlins?

???
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 30, 2006, 02:33 PM »
Congratulations to the most recent non-Yankee World Series winning team (Cardinals). Personally, I care little for the winning team EXCEPT for the small part that ..at least it's not a WS win paid for by the Yankees..(still).

Oh stick a sock in it.

Yes they picked up Gary Sheffield's option, brought Torre back, and said no-go on ARod trades.

LOL...is that what you say when you have nothing to say..heh? :'( Where's that crying over spilt milk pic again?

I don't really consider those as 'moves' either...nobody 'moved' and I don't see any new players added (bought off) either. Also noted your recent posts have nothing to do with moves rather crying downplaying a WS value because...? your team wasn't in it..?
regardless of ratings?

I agree with Jeff, as I recall ratings were high for the 'earthquake series' (the A's sweep over Giants) so I believe the interest factor does go up when cross town rivals face each other.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 30, 2006, 02:53 PM »
Here you are Slothus after the World Series coming in here saying "Oh thank God Dressel's favorite team didn't win!"  Get a life dude, they got eliminated 3 weeks ago.

Screw your crappy team that probably hasn't won in 50 years or whoever the hell you root for.  How 'bout that?

Give it up already.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 30, 2006, 03:12 PM »
HeHeh funny replies

....screw you ect :'( ..LOL!

Yes, it's true my team has NEVER won and I don't cry about it either. I'm also..not a 'sore winner' either- when any of my favorite teams win anything. Being a sore loser sucks though..oh wait? Do I hear that now? LOL

"Oh thank God Dressel's favorite team didn't win!"

and...
Please don't make a religious argument out of this I know your above that, thanks.

For your info....I've been a Yankees hater long before I knew you even existed as a speck of dust communicating in the internet so please refrain from making this just about you :'(.

#1 hated teams list
Lakers
Cowboys
Yankees

The DS

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 30, 2006, 04:48 PM »
You know I'm sure myself along with the rest of the forum would rather see you trolling about the Yankees, than hear your opinions on why on Steve Irwin "deserved to die" and why you're "pleased" that Matt Hasselbeck is in pain and unable to walk - so maybe you ought to just keep trashing the Yankees and trolling to occupy your time, rather than us having to suffer through any more of your low class banter that's even worse than what I have to deal with here.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 30, 2006, 11:07 PM »
Funny, you're the only soul that keeps reminding me what I've said in other threads(like I could forget what I've said ::)) Is that your fall back cue? Since I have only mentioned and I'll state legitimately in a MLB thread how much I hate the Yankees and on the flip side your  'classy' responses..

your low class banter

another..

Get a life dude
Screw your crappy team

and yet another..

Oh stick a sock in it.

Anyway based on the insulting replies I would guess you are the troll here. 'Honey, somebody get that baby a bottle already' ..quit crying, your team lost  now take it like I do annually--
Yes, it's true my team has NEVER won and I don't cry about it either.