Author Topic: 2006 SDCC Exclusive 501st Legion Stormtrooper  (Read 87358 times)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 2006 SDCC Exclusive 501st Legion Stormtrooper?
« Reply #75 on: May 26, 2006, 08:24 PM »
Okay lets start taking wagers.  Will this end up online or not?  So how many convention figs never ended up online?  Not counting overseas promotions, would it only be the C2 and C3 figs ???
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 08:35 PM by Jim »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #76 on: May 26, 2006, 08:29 PM »
I'm hoping it's available to buy (laughing at what I'm about to say) for a reasonable price online as I'd not mind having a handful of them...  NOt a lot, but "front men" to a line of Stormtroopers would be cool.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #77 on: May 26, 2006, 10:42 PM »
All i know is i want one, i hope someone carries it.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 26, 2006, 10:45 PM »
I'm still willing to pay someone if they can get me one. Plus I have another thought:
I bought the only VSC figure I want, sandperson and so I have no need for the coupon. Would someone be willing to trade for it who wants the sandperson coupon? wasn't sure so I thought I'd ask.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 26, 2006, 11:13 PM »
Anyone going that would be able to pick up per-orders for someone else? I don't even know if they do that type of thing, but it would be worth a shot. I would even be willing to through in something extra for the time. Thanks
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #80 on: May 27, 2006, 12:44 AM »
Check out the front page here at JediDefender.com for our exclusive shots of the SDCC 501st Stormtrooper loose and carded as well as a packaging mock-up of it.

Looks pretty sweet to me...  I can't wait to get at least one but man the 501st banner makes me wish I could get a handful of them.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #81 on: May 27, 2006, 11:07 AM »
I will be attending Comic Con with my company and be working at the RC2 booth. I will see if I can get extras for the JD forum members, you guys will be welcome if I secure some. I am sure I will be able to trade some swag for some troopers.
I really do not care for this exclusive, I would just love a Stormtrooper building pack.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 27, 2006, 01:34 PM »
This figure is cool simply because it's different and has an "evil" connotation to it.  I sure hope somebody offers this online as I'd like to get at least one.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #83 on: May 27, 2006, 02:35 PM »
I would just love a Stormtrooper building pack.

You and me both as long as it's VOTC and priced like the old Stormie army builder packs. :)

To me this 501st's coolest feature are the banners...  They're very earthy little items in that they remind me of the SS banners carried on parade fields during Nazi war rallies...  I like that element of Earth History influencing the design.

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 27, 2006, 05:35 PM »
this exclusive just dosn't seem that great. i do love stormtroopers, but a little banner and a tiny decal hardly make it worthy of being an exclusive. i think the best part for me is the packaging, now that looks cool. i'd still like to have one, just one, because the idea is cool, but i was hoping for a bit more from this figure!
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 27, 2006, 06:48 PM »
I probably want one... but really the English writing on the banner and the chest emblem look silly to me.  I'd rather see it in Aurebesh (or whatever it's called).

:)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 7, 2006, 08:55 PM »
I'll be getting the max of these just so I can have some more VOTC Stormies. Hopefully the decal comes of easily.
I remember my dream now.

Offline foolintherain76

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 8, 2006, 02:45 PM »
Just FYI Brians Toys has this up for pre-order on their website (under exclsuvie figures in the Saga2 section)  Its like 39.99 though.  Just wanted to let you guys know.

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 8, 2006, 03:03 PM »
I will be attending Comic Con with my company and be working at the RC2 booth. I will see if I can get extras for the JD forum members, you guys will be welcome if I secure some. I am sure I will be able to trade some swag for some troopers.
I really do not care for this exclusive, I would just love a Stormtrooper building pack.

Put me down for one if you are able to get one.

I feel the same way about the army builder pack. That would be too cool if they offered 4 VOTC Stormtroopers for that $20 some odd price. They would go like hot cakes.

I probably want one... but really the English writing on the banner and the chest emblem look silly to me. I'd rather see it in Aurebesh (or whatever it's called).

:)

No, I think the writing is odd looking also. I would have like it if they done away with the chest emblem. I don't remember seeing any Stormtroopers from the 501st with that chest emblem from any comics, books, etc.

Just FYI Brians Toys has this up for pre-order on their website (under exclsuvie figures in the Saga2 section) Its like 39.99 though. Just wanted to let you guys know.

That price is just ridicules. They are only priced at $15 or something like that at the comic con. Brians Toys is nothing more than a scalper with a website. I would never buy something from him even if I couldn't find it anywhere else.

roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline CaptainYoda

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 8, 2006, 03:41 PM »
I couldnt agree more regarding Brians toys. But I am definitely going to pick up one or two of these troopers at the Con.