Author Topic: 2006 SDCC Exclusive 501st Legion Stormtrooper  (Read 87362 times)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: October 2, 2006, 10:28 PM by Jeff »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: 2006 SDCC Exclusive 501st Legion Stormtrooper?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 01:40 PM »
Well I guess thats another exclusive i need to add to the list.

I hope i get lucky with the star wars shop or some fine folks here are helping out.  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 02:00 PM »
Yet another exclusive to fight and scratch over :-\......sigh.  Looks cool, I love the "Vader's Fist" banner and Imperial base.
-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

SilverZ

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 02:04 PM »
I'm sorry, but that's the lamest fan-wank ever.

Hasbro needs to stop ******* around with exclusives and sell their good product, like the SA vTOC Stormtroopers, so that consumers can just walk into a store and buy what they want. This dangling of their good sculpts in limited, increasingly overinvolved and time consuming ways is getting obnoxious.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006, 02:07 PM »

So, if this is true then there will be an exclusive at the Hasbro booth (this one) and then another at the SWShop booth (Shadow Stormtrooper)?  That seems strange...

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2006, 02:20 PM »
I think it kicks ass and would love to have a couple.  I wish these cool exclusives weren't such a pain in the ass to get!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2006, 02:36 PM »
I just wish these exclusives didn't cost so friggin' much.   >:(

I mean, no matter if I grab them from SWShop or a member here who is nice enough to offer extras to the rest of us, the cost is crazy!

$30 - 2x 2006 SDCC SWShop Exclusive Shadow Stormtroopers (loose and carded)
$30 - 2x 2006 SDCC Hasbro Exclusive 501st Stormtrooper (loose and carded)
~$10 - Shipping

I'm looking at $70 for four exclusive figures!   ::)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2006, 02:40 PM »
I agree with what Jared mentioned in his post, why doesn't Hasbro just make the SA Stormtrooper available at retail, instead of continually using it for these repainted exclusives that cost $15 or more?  I know I'd really like to build up an army of SA Stormies (more than the 2 that I have), and I'm sure there are plenty of others out there that would too.  Kids too for that matter.  It boggles my mind how popular Stormtroopers (or most/any troops in general) are, and yet they are never released in various assortments anymore.  Sure, we see some clones now - which is great - but aside from a few commtechs that were scattered out in the OTC line, we hardly ever see basic Stormies on the pegs anymore.  They should pretty much always be out there I think.

Anyways - back on topic - I have to admit I do kind of want one of these if it turns out to be true.  I'm going to have to rely on help, or the SWShop for both this and the "Shadow" Stormtrooper.  I just want one of each, and I hate paying $15 for them, but I do kind of like them.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2006, 03:23 PM »
I agree with what Jared mentioned in his post, why doesn't Hasbro just make the SA Stormtrooper available at retail, instead of continually using it for these repainted exclusives that cost $15 or more?

Easy.  Marketing.

They'll "make" you dish out $15 a pop for these versions of the VOTC stormie, then a few years down the road charge you $15 for the plain version via EE.com or some other outlet.

If they sold you all the white stormies you could swallow now, chances are you wouldn't come back asking for more.

That's why the VTSC Biker Scout is only packed 2 per case. 

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2006, 04:10 PM »
I'm just not believing this to be an accurate report. It looks cool, which makes it even less likely. But Hasbro making two stormtrooper figures for exclusives in not only the same year but at the same shows? Methinks not.

Should it be true, I need 4. And a background story to go with them.

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2006, 05:25 PM »
The word exclusive has become all too inclusive.
How many "exclusives" are there now at SDCC?

Though I really like this figure (I'm a sucker for anything Stormtrooper), I'm really irritated at how many hard-to-find or otherwise ridiculously expensive exclusives there are. And this is essentially just a rehash of the VOTC Stormie with a wittle tiny emblem on its chest. Oh yeah, and a flag. Worth $15+? No. But I still want need one...or two. Hopefully they'll be available online like the Shadow Trooper.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2006, 05:34 PM »

Easy.  Marketing.

They'll "make" you dish out $15 a pop for these versions of the VOTC stormie, then a few years down the road charge you $15 for the plain version via EE.com or some other outlet.

If they sold you all the white stormies you could swallow now, chances are you wouldn't come back asking for more.

That's why the VTSC Biker Scout is only packed 2 per case. 

I agree with you ruiner but as far as the VTSC Biker Scout being 2 per case. All the VTSC are 2 to a case. (10 figs. total per case)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2006, 05:41 PM »
Easy enough to pass on because for me not movie accurate or EU accurate. Looks like he belongs in Vader's section chearing for the Dark Lord of the Sith at a Sporting Event. Being a non-completist, I'm back on passing on figures I don't want or that I cannot justify the cost on.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2006, 05:56 PM »
I'll pass... the Shadow Trooper is cool enough to get my money, this isn't. This figure is a bit similar to the first Target clone, with nothing changed but a small logo painted on. The stand is nice though...
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2006, 06:57 PM »
Too bad this couldn't be a repainted #41 Tac Ops Clone. That would go great with the base and the Vader's Fist banner.
I remember my dream now.