Author Topic: Battle of Tatooine Wave  (Read 81313 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Tatooine Wave
« Reply #90 on: December 20, 2005, 09:32 AM »
Awsome wave! The new scuplts are just amazing, yet, a lot of people are going to be complaining about the lack of articulation.  ???
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 20, 2005, 10:30 AM »
It was great waking up to find pictures of this wave, a real nice surprise.  This wave, particularly the new figures, just looks great to me and I can't wait for it.  I think it might be my favorite overall for what we've seen for 2006 so far.  Aside from the Vader (which might just be repacked from the Hoth wave, as was mentioned), I think I'll end up picking up every one of them.

Hammerhead (or Momaw if you prefer) - This is a figure I never picked up in the POTF2/Saga days, just waiting to see if it would be re-done.  Now, I'm glad I waited.  Not that the previous figure was too bad either, but to me, this one just looks amazing.  The sculpt is top notch, and it looks like a great figure.

R5-D4 - What can be said...we've all been waiting for this one.  It re-uses the VOTC R2 mold a bit, but it works for what it is.  Fills a gaping whole in pretty much all of our collections I think, and is a very welcome figure.

Garindan - Another POTF2 figure I held off on, and again, I'm glad I did.  A resculpt again, but it looks to be worlds better than the previous one and a pretty cool figure overall.

Hem Dazon - Wow, this is nice.  We've all been hoping we'd see him, and I like what they did with the previously unseen "body" of the figure.  A really nice Cantina alien, and a nice figure overall.

Han Solo - I don't so much have a problem with Han showing up, and I do like the new head, but why they don't just straight repack the VOTC version is a puzzler.  Cantina Han was a great figure at the time, but has since been vastly improved upon and his constant repacking has angered most everyone at this point.  That being said, the new head (and paint?) make the figure look pretty good...and I'll probably still pick one up.  Maybe just to leave carded on these spiffy cardbacks.

Luke Skywalker - Luke with poncho, that's enough for me too.  Another retooling, but its a version of Tatooine Luke that is fairly welcome it seems (with the hat/poncho).  Like Jesse mentioned, I'd like to see a "SA" version of this figure someday, but for now, this isn't too bad.  I'll definitely pick it up.

Overall, a real nice wave, and one I'm greatly looking forward to.  I too noticed a possible step back in articulation, and I'm not sure what to make of it.  On some of these figures, it doesn't drive me nuts because the sculpts are very nice, but I'm wondering if this is a sign of things to come or not.  From what we have seen so far for the 2006 line, it almost looks like main characters and troops are the ones getting the most attention articulation-wise (Leia Boussh, AT-AT Driver, repacked Han/Luke, etc.), and the background stuff is a little more standard-fare, non-balljointed articulation.  I guess I can live with that, as long as we don't regress too far artic. wise.  Anyways, that complaint aside, the figures themselves look great.  Definitely looking forward to them.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 20, 2005, 10:42 AM »
Jesse, maybe I'm wrong but I think it's possible that the Hammerhead could have swivel joints at the knees/elbows.  At least I hope so.

Like everyone else, I want some more knee articulation on these figures.  It's not going to keep me from buying them, but would be an nice touch.

:P

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 20, 2005, 10:51 AM »
I am very excited about this wave, more than any other wave actually.  R5 looks awesome as does everyone else (minus Cantina Han).

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 20, 2005, 11:23 AM »
Loving this wave! As with others, Han is the only one I really don't care for. If Hasbro keeps this up I won't be saving as much money as I thought I would this next year...  ;D
« Last Edit: December 20, 2005, 11:23 AM by Bobafett77 »

Offline Darth Tedious

• Youngling
  • Who's scruffy lookin'?
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 20, 2005, 12:23 PM »
For reference.

Best Saga 2 wave so far IMO!

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 20, 2005, 12:25 PM »

Best Saga 2 wave so far IMO!

I agree.  I won't buy that POS Han or the Vader.  I will pick uo the Stormie if he's the Evolutions or VOTC one.  I will buy the others.

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 20, 2005, 12:52 PM »
I will pick uo the Stormie if he's the Evolutions or VOTC one. 

From the photo they have posted I'm pretty sure their going to use the Commtech Stormtrooper mold for the Sandtrooper.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 20, 2005, 01:20 PM »
This wave looks incredible. I'll be picking up Mr. Dazon.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 20, 2005, 01:56 PM »
I know this has probably been covered in here somewhere, but which mold is the Vader from?

500th Vader?  Evolutions?  VOTC? 

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 20, 2005, 02:12 PM »
Looks to me like the 500th, mainly because of the basic shoulder joints and it looks like the top of the helmet comes off ala 500th Vader.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #101 on: December 20, 2005, 04:23 PM »
This would be my favorite wave of all time if there was an all new super acurate Dr. Ezavan figure!

These just keep looking better and better!
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 20, 2005, 06:45 PM »
Wait a second, why the hell is there a Vader in this wave at all?

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #103 on: December 20, 2005, 08:06 PM »
Because Vader is the single most recognized SW character there is.  He always sells, and sells well to parents and children.  In my opinion, he should always be on the pegs.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 20, 2005, 08:22 PM »
Just when you thought you werent gonna be buying any of these , they pull this off
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself