Author Topic: Battle of Tatooine Wave  (Read 81283 times)

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Tatooine Wave
« Reply #240 on: May 13, 2006, 01:32 PM »
That auction for 91.00 for Hem is incredible. And the sellers feedback is loaded with not following through. Where are these buyers when I have dog **** to unload...

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 13, 2006, 10:03 PM »
These bidders are nothing but impatient idiots.  I can't believe that there are still people willing to pay so much for a figure that's going to be widely available at retail.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 13, 2006, 10:22 PM »
Hey, you never know. As far as "widely available at retail" goes, I'd have to argue with that. I have yet to see anything after the Geonosis wave yet, and even that wave I didn't see 100% at retail. Never saw Scorch, never saw the Utapau Clone... but I'm sure most people would say that it's widely available. I read stuff every day from people here and other forums finding stuff all the time, yet I can't find ****. And yes, I wake up at the crack of dawn on the weekends, and do my toy runs. And I still come home empty handed. I had to break down and buy a set of UGH figures on ebay because I haven't seen a single one anywhere. I've gotten a few via trades, but I didn't think I'd be able to score two full sets that way.

And yes, I said two full sets... one to open and one to display loose. Those stupid silver stands and holo's made me buy two sets  :-[

Maybe it's just me and my bad luck at finding stuff...

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 14, 2006, 12:00 PM »
$91 may not be such a bad deal if you factor in the gas prices these days... ;D

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 14, 2006, 06:07 PM »
Hey, you never know. As far as "widely available at retail" goes, I'd have to argue with that. I have yet to see anything after the Geonosis wave yet, and even that wave I didn't see 100% at retail. Never saw Scorch, never saw the Utapau Clone... but I'm sure most people would say that it's widely available. I read stuff every day from people here and other forums finding stuff all the time, yet I can't find ****. And yes, I wake up at the crack of dawn on the weekends, and do my toy runs. And I still come home empty handed. I had to break down and buy a set of UGH figures on ebay because I haven't seen a single one anywhere. I've gotten a few via trades, but I didn't think I'd be able to score two full sets that way.

Okay, but then by "widely available at retail" you can include the internet, which is as wide of a retail zone as it gets, trot on over to entertainmentearth.com with your $91, and get the WHOLE DAMN 12 FIGURE CASE FOR WHAT 1 HEM DAZON WAS JUST "WON" FOR.

:)
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 14, 2006, 07:40 PM »
$91 may not be such a bad deal if you factor in the gas prices these days... ;D

Maybe if your driving a Hummer . . . . 

As it is, far better to order online right now IMO.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 17, 2006, 11:58 PM »

« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 10:33 AM by Jeff »

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 18, 2006, 12:05 AM »
Those carded pics are awesome Chewie. Im really looking forward to R5 and the Aliens,Sandie. 
I remember my dream now.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 18, 2006, 12:31 AM »
I like those pics... but just found out that they have already surfaced everywhere... damnit, I thought I was bringing new news to the table.

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 18, 2006, 12:52 AM »
I like the pics but I am hoping that they don't show up at retail until June 1st. Then again, why should I care? I have a case on order from EE so I'll only have to pick up a couple of extra's here and there . . . . as long as EE comes through but I have never been denied from them.

As for ordering online vs retail.  The EE is $91 for 12 figures. If you divide the $91 by 12 it comes to $7.58 a figure, which is not bad. If your paying $6.63 a figure and here in Utah I have a 6.6% sales tax, the figures for 12 come to $84.81 IF I buy all 12 at once ($6.63 x 12 = $79.56 + $5.25 tax = $84.81, a savings of $6.19). When I hunt I go around 100 miles, and my car gets 26 mpg in the city/stop-n-go driving so I spend $11.06 ie 100/26=3.84 gallons x $2.88 per gallon = $11.06 in gas where I live. For some of you the gas cost is probably more since gas is somewhat cheaper here in the Intermountain West.
So for my math, I am actually saving $4.87 iby ordering from EE. That does not count my time either which is usually 3 to 4 hours one night when I know Wally is getting stuff. For the Vader and the Han, I have receits from Target that I can use to return these items though I'll take a hit of $1.55 by doing that but according to my math, I am still ahead.
So, since I teach, I prep and grade before I come home, I have class 1x a week, and an online class Monday through Friday that requires 2 hours a night. Much easier for me to order online and WAIT for the case to come through.  That is the hardest part for me . . . to have the patience to WAIT for the online order to come when they are already at retail. It is a paradigm shift for me but one I am willing to do . . . . . at least in my mind right now. Hopefully I keep to my word when the wave actually hits.  It is hard to know you can get them on the hunt and have them, while waiting for on online retailer to come through. Then again, like I said earlier, EE has never failed me on a regular case. Anyone else have a different view or experience?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 05:29 AM by TheBlackDog65 »
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Mitsukara

• Jedi Initiate
  • Casual/Poor Collector and Customizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 18, 2006, 01:01 AM »
I think I'll buy a Luke and do some pooling of different ANH Luke parts to assemble the stuff in places that make sense on my diorama (I wish- try vague display sitting on a blank shelf with some ships intermixed), rather than keeping the specific accessories all with the specific figure they came from.

I love R5-D4 - I really want to buy one.

The Sandtrooper is too good to pass up and too good for me to probably find- if I see him I'm so getting one (or more- I can dream) though.

The others are cool but I don't really need them, and so they're likely not going in my collection. Garindan is way cool as a figure, but it's Garindan- the POTF2 is all my collection truly needs on such a character, considering I already have it.

Even I, who somewhat like the figure itself, can hate that Vader though- no one anywhere will like him but kids who wanted a Vader and happened to find that instead of the Hoth version, and carded collectors.

Has 500th Vader broken Cantina Han and Falcon Mechanic Chewie's repack records yet? ;)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 01:04 AM by Mitsukara »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 18, 2006, 01:14 AM »
I guess I ought to chime in my thoughts on order a case or not... this looks like it could be worth it.  According to EE, here is their breakout -

2x Momaw Nadon
2x Darth Vader
2x Sandtrooper
2x R5-D4
1X Hem Dazon
1x Garindan
1x Luke Skywalker
1x Han Solo

Of those, here's what I want for my collection (all loose) -

4x Momaw Nadon
0x Darth Vader
4x Sandtrooper
4x R5-D4
4x Hem Dazon
8x Garindan
1x Luke Skywalker
0x Han Solo

So, I'm automatically stuck with two Vaders and a Han that I have no use for.  Most of the others I want for upgrades of previous versions, plus some fun custom fodder.

If there weren't a total of three figures out of the 9 that I want, I'd buy a case.  But that makes it $10 per figure for me, so I'll probably pass at that price.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #252 on: May 18, 2006, 02:07 AM »
I think I may actually pick up a Vader to open. I kinda want the little crates he comes with. And I don't have an opened 500th Vader so I guess I may nab one.

CHEWIE, only 4 sandies?

I think I'll pick up around a dozen of them.

4x Momaw Nadon
1x Darth Vader (maybe)
12x Sandtrooper
4x R5-D4
3x Hem Dazon
4x Garindan
1x Luke Skywalker (maybe 2)
0x Han Solo

"This is the way."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #253 on: May 19, 2006, 06:11 AM »
I'm just buying what I see of Sandtroopers...  :)  Great figure.

I'm a little bummed on Garindan and Arcona for articulation but they're still 2 of the most interesting/anticipated figures this year to me despite lacking poseability (especially after the 2004/2005 Cantina Wave that really kind of set a standards bar a little higher and now, meh).  The Sandtrooper's amazing though, obviously, and so it's high on my list.

I'm really liking this wave...  They're gonna be hitting soon, but I could still use a break for a while.  At least the pegs aren't overflowing anywhere with stuff, well not too bad anyway, so these may show in big numbers.  That'd be alright.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 19, 2006, 07:31 AM »
Where the hell are these figs ???  Besides the Heroes and Villains line, the Coruscant line came out 1.5-2 months ago?