Author Topic: New JD Review: Sun Fac  (Read 3812 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
New JD Review: Sun Fac
« on: April 20, 2006, 12:14 AM »
Finally a figure I don't wind up disappointed in at the end of the review... :)

This week I took a long detailed look at the Geonosian warrior guy, Sun Fac!  Check out the Full Review Right Here to get all the details on this one, but I for one am happy to say I liked this figure a LOT.  Enough it's one I've been willing to bite the bullet on and army build despite the ass backwards prices at retail right now.

Sun Fac is a specific Geonosian in the films, though they all look alike so it's tough to tell who is who really.  Still though, the distinguishing mark for Sun is his right eye scarred shut.  I didn't even notice him in the films honestly, so I don't really know who he is, but the eye does set him apart from regular Geo's... 

If you can look past that little detail, or even paint a full eye on, you're set with one poseable army builder figure for your AOTC set-ups.  He also comes with a great sculpt, paintjob, and 2 nice accessories...  If Amanaman had a pike like this figure's, there'd be no gripes about him as a figure really.  For once Hasbro used good plastic.

Anyway, Sun's a good figure...  And thanks to the Geonosian's physical looks/style, the ankle articulation is more versatile than on other figures, and serves to make a much more poseable toy.  The figure has no better articulation than Sora Bulq ultimately, but turns out to be a much better figure overall.  That makes him the surprise hit of the year to me.  He's worth having a couple of...

Oh, and if you pop his wings off, you've got a regular Warrior too...  Very nice.

So buy up, and enjoy!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: New JD Review: Sun Fac
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 12:32 AM »
Great review... this figure for sure is the "sleeper" of the TSC line so far and maybe one of the best true representations of a character from ROTS. A definate repeat buy.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline commander apoc

• Jedi Initiate
  • Fine by me.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 12:13 PM »
I must agree with you on the "not" notice in the films, I even think he isn't in them. ???

He sertenly is in the game 'Republic Commando', and you even have the chance to kill him, before he escapes in his Geonosian-fighter.  :D
I think he's some sort of General, sertenly a high ranking Geonosian.

Oh well, even commando Scorch is from the game, so why don't get a good "bad-ass" figure from the opposing side, right? ;D

Even tho, it is a good figure....
There can never be enough clones.....

Offline obi-dad

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 10:18 AM »
I keep trying to quit the prequel figures, but "just when I think I was out, they keep pulling me back in!" with figures like this.  I have definitely become very selective with the prequel figures I buy, but this was one of them.  Great review.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006, 01:23 AM »
Thanks Obi-Dad, I appreciate the sentiment...

I must say, SunFac may have been pegwarming for a while but that's a figure that has STEADILY sold out.  Much like the Utapau Clones, or whatnot, he is really getting the army builder backing that pushes army builder figures above and beyond in sales.  He sold slow, but he sold.  I can't find these around me in any quantity really.

KB put some out, and with their sale those things are among the first to go...  That's good to me.

Now Hasbro just needs to make Battledroids nearly this level of quality.  :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2006, 10:00 AM »
Here he is in the film for those that still may be wondering. :)

I love this figure, I have 7. ;D

« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 10:10 AM by Rune Haako »

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2006, 08:37 PM »
He's one of the best figures of the year.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m