Author Topic: Monthly Customizing Challenge - Month 12: Gladiators  (Read 30956 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Monthly Customizing Challenge - Month 12: Gladiators
« Reply #45 on: April 6, 2006, 11:08 AM »
Hey it was cool seeing Commander Miseria's custom from last month on the front page.  I love that custom, it's so original.

I think I might have an idea for the Gladiator custom that you guys will like, but might have to do something I'm not used to... sculpting.   :-X

:P

Offline Commander_Miseria

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Touching from a distance further all the time..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 6, 2006, 11:17 AM »
Hey it was cool seeing Commander Miseria's custom from last month on the front page.  I love that custom, it's so original.

I think I might have an idea for the Gladiator custom that you guys will like, but might have to do something I'm not used to... sculpting.   :-X

:P

Front page??   ???  I must have missed it  :'(

Anyways, ya i'll probably be doing the robot, l8-l9 (and the dance too) i think is his name, since i already have the parts i want to use. I'll also be making another gladiator too, but i'm still working with my parts on that one  8)

EDIT: Nevermind i see it now!  :P Thanks for the front page pic guys and glad ya liked him.
« Last Edit: April 6, 2006, 11:18 AM by Commander_Miseria »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #47 on: April 6, 2006, 11:39 AM »
Thanks for the front page pic guys and glad ya liked him.

No problem.  As I've said in the past, I try to pick a different custom each time I do those plugs so that a variety of folks get the chance to show off their work.   ;)

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 6, 2006, 05:02 PM »
Why is it mine never make it to the front page? :'( :'( ;D

Offline Jedi_Master_Ben

• Jedi Initiate
  • Now I am the Master!
    • View Profile
    • Jedi Master Ben's Custom Galaxy
« Reply #49 on: April 6, 2006, 07:17 PM »
Hi everyone,

I got my Gladiator picked out. It is a Psadan Gladiator  from the planet Wayland. I spotted this guy in the Essential Guide to Alien Species. Here is a pic of what they look like:

I will post WIP as I get them done.

Later,

Jedi_Master_Ben
"When I first started, I was just a learner. Now I Am The Master Sculptor!" - Jedi_Master_Ben

Offline RollaJedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Twisted by the Dark Side
    • View Profile
    • Coreplanets.com
« Reply #50 on: April 7, 2006, 12:18 PM »
awesome!  What base will you use?
W W W . C O R E P L A N E T S . C O M
www.coreplanets.com
Missouri and Kansas Star Wars Fan Site

Offline Jedi_Master_Ben

• Jedi Initiate
  • Now I am the Master!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 8, 2006, 08:19 PM »
Hi everyone,

I have been very busy this weekend. I got a rough sculpt now of my Psadan Gladiator He is comming along nicely now. I thought this would be a good time to post a WIP pic of him. Oh, and RollaJedi, to answer your question, there is no base figure for this custom. This is a complete sculpt just like all my other figures. The only thing on him that is store bought are the weapons he is holding. Thanks for the interest and stay tuned for updates as I get them in.

Let me know what you all think. Thanks  for looking

Jedi_Master_Ben
"When I first started, I was just a learner. Now I Am The Master Sculptor!" - Jedi_Master_Ben

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 8, 2006, 11:10 PM »
JM Ben - you flat out nailed that one.  I can't believe how quick you can churn out these high quality sculpts.  Freakin' amazing.

Offline Jedi_Master_Ben

• Jedi Initiate
  • Now I am the Master!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 8, 2006, 11:35 PM »
BrentS: Thanks for the comment. I had to guess what the back side of this guy looks like. I only seen two good pictures of him, Essential guide and the pic I posted above. I have the Last Command comic, but these creatures were not done justice by the artists that inked the mag. :'( The way I figure this guy looks like is a summo wrestler. I studied refrence photos of the summo and applied it to the sculpt. Also, by the nature of the design of the alien, that will be very little articulation. I only see swivil arms and ball joint head with the big bone will be attached to the head like the breathing unit on a AT-AT or TIE pilot figure. The rest of the body would have to be a single cast. But am having fun making him. I am supprise that Hasbro has not really tap this subject material for future figures. If anything, it would be another alien encounter for Chewie's photonovel if he want to use him that is.

Again, thanks for the comments and stay tuned for more updates as I have them ready.

Jedi_Master_Ben

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 9, 2006, 01:45 AM »
Here is my entry.   Kluh Saxder:

I may add some more to him but I'm pretty happy with how he looks right now.

Offline o-wj

• Youngling
  • Those that fight not for freedom will loose it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 9, 2006, 02:25 AM »
Hey CHEWIE......If I send ya a pic of my Wookie Gladiator I did back in 2001, will ya post it for me ? LMK

P.S. Nice to find another place where ya post !!! ;D
"The Force will be with you, Always."

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #56 on: April 9, 2006, 10:08 AM »
NICE use of the Hulk figure! It goes well with the Dex head, and makes for a cool gladiator!

Might also work really well for this guy:

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 9, 2006, 01:34 PM »
Ben - how in the hell are you so good at sculpting!  Man, that's just crazy!  So well done, you should be working for a professional toy company.  If I were you on this one I would take some creative licensing and give him more skin texture than the drawing suggests?

Brent - I commented more in your thread, man that rocks.  You really did a great job on this, he's huge and would have been a cool addition to AOTC in the Geonosis Arena!  Very well done.

:)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 9, 2006, 06:08 PM »
PenDragon - Thanks for the comments. You know that would be a cool body for that Gladiator from the clone wars.  I'm not sure which head to use, maybe a modified wookie could be used?

Offline Jedi_Master_Ben

• Jedi Initiate
  • Now I am the Master!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 9, 2006, 11:05 PM »
Hi BrentS,

Ha ha, size maters not, my gladiator will take on yours. Let get ready to rumble!!!!

All kidding aside, that gladiator came out great! I like the fact that you chose a color that not a shade of brown or green. It's very bold and pops out. The choice of head was perfect, who would have thought that figure could serve another purpose other than flipping a burger ;D. Man, I going to have to get some better weapons though...and I just where to get them he he he eh ;D.

Again BrentS, great looking gladiator. I got to finish mine. See you at the coliseum  ;D.

Jedi_Master_Ben