Author Topic: REPUBLIC INTELLIGENCE: CH 1  (Read 5757 times)

Offline GGPiKE

• Youngling
  • ppka
    • View Profile
REPUBLIC INTELLIGENCE: CH 1
« on: January 21, 2006, 06:40 PM »
The following events take place after the Battle of Geonosis. I hope that I will be able to update more frequently then the time it took to get out chapter 1. Enjoy!

REPUBLIC INTELLIGENCE: CHAPTER 1

To be continued . . . .
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 01:49 PM by GGPiKE »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Republic Intelligence: CH 1
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 07:03 PM »
GGPike, I'm thrilled that you updated.  I was hoping you would be able to do so.

First off, great storyline.  I love seeing original stuff like this, with a main character thrown in the mix, but all kinds of new ones too.  That's the way I think to take advantage of the endless Star Wars universe.

Usually I don't like the dialogue bubbles, but the style you used really works well.  It's shaping up like a nice comic book story in my opinion.  And you have an intriguing storyline, combined with beautiful pics that kept me interested, without even one laser blast being fired.  Now that's awesome.  I can't wait to see how exciting it gets once you have a blaster or lightsaber fight.

The main character, Captain Dyne seems like a cool character.  I'm looking forward to learning more about him, maybe some sort of backstory, etc.  Can't wait to see your next update, and thanks for sharing this with us.

:P

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2006, 11:57 PM »
that's a really great opening GGpike.

you have some excellent photograpgy skills, there are some really cool shots in there, the shaddowing is cool and your close ups are clear and crisp.

the story line is interesting and has left me wanting to see more. all the original custom charecters are just awsome, that is what really makes a diostory great!

your off to a great story, keep up the good work!
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2006, 06:46 PM »
SO GLAD to see the return of this awesome story!!!  Even though we know the end of it!  :)

I need to comment in detail in the near future, but this is a wonderful, terrific piece of work!  Great customs, great original characters, great story!  Awesome!

(extremely minor nitpick - I think you should have painted the Luminaria body a little to disguise it more....even if you just paint the gauntlets.)

But the rest of the custom looks great.  Excellent use of the Shmi head.  I've never seen her head ever used in a custom before, so it looks very unique and original.

All in all, terrific stuff!
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline GGPiKE

• Youngling
  • ppka
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2006, 09:01 PM »
Chewie: Thanks for the comments! I came over to Star Wars from the GI Joe isle, where the diostories usually use speech bubbles . . . some exclellent examples are stories by Violentfix (http://www.violentfix.com/cobra/) and General Hawk (http://generalsjoes.com/). So I just brought that style over to the Star Wars side. Seeing your stories, among others, did show another side to photo novels/ dio-stories . . . mainly the fact that you can enjoy the whole picture without it being interrupted by speech bubbles. I suppose the comic style is just what I'm used to. I hope I'm able to make more frequent updates to the story soon . . . . my main concern is the dio sets. It seems that there is just never enough time to make one . . . and I haven't exactly been able to plan one out. There's a question for ya Chewie . . . how do you plan your dios? (we know how you make them now)

Jedistyle: Thanks for the comments! I used to be an avid photographer and did some documentary film work (even got to work at National Geographic's Television and Film department! )

Quazar: You know what? I totally realized that I'd left Luminara's guantlets unchanged after I'd done all the shots and everything. For some reason it didn't even cross my mind! I can go ahead and change them in photshop. Way more simple then going back and shooting the whole thing. I'll have to paint those for future shots though. That's another thing I'm going to work on. Actually doing some painting as part of my customization.

Thanks for the comments guys, much appreciated! Let me know your thoughts and ideas! Improvements, story arcs, etc

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2006, 03:52 PM »
GGPIKE, I really don't do too much planning on my dioramas, I usually just grab a few pieces of foam core, make a few measurments, then cut and glue.

I'm wondering how you made that Kamino set... it looks so awesome.

:P

Offline blaster_e11

• Jedi Initiate
  • Charming to the last
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2006, 03:15 AM »
this kamino dio is awesome, the dialogues are well written and highly believable

"Wars don't make one great"

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2006, 04:11 PM »
That read really easy and quick.  GGPIKe, really outstanding work here, both in photography and the Photoshop effects.  The Kamino set is perfect, as mentioned earlier.  DO you have a large scale pic of the set?

Your custom characters are interesting, and crucial to this story.  I look forward to the rest of the story, especially how the new Clones work out.  :D
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline ratm

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2006, 01:04 AM »
Holy crap. Awesome so far.  Amazing photography.

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2006, 12:49 PM »
The photography is amazing. The story is intriguing, Im anxious to see where you go with this.

Offline GGPiKE

• Youngling
  • ppka
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2006, 07:39 PM »
Chapter 2 now up!

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
Re: REPUBLIC INTELLIGENCE: CH 1
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2006, 10:06 PM »
 ;DWow looks Promising and interesting and more cool customs!!
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!