Author Topic: Duel of the Sith: Chapter 2 The Return (4/21)  (Read 11039 times)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Duel of the Sith: Chapter 2 The Return (4/21)
« on: April 21, 2006, 01:11 PM »

In the outer rim world of Tatooine, T’Chi Oten-nal continues to embrace the dark side of the force.

“You have learned well, my young apprentice, you training is nearly complete” rumbles the deep voice.
“Thank you Master,” answered T’Chi as his voice resonates through a synthetic voice translater.

“Your lightsaber is ready to be unleashed.  It is time to you to rise to the lords of the Sith”

“Yes Master, what is your bidding?” asks the eager apprentics.
“For your last test, you must face your greatest enemy.  Search your feelings, seek out your hatred.  Hunt down this enemy and bring his body to me.”

Thinking back many years… T’Chi remembers a fearful time in his previous life…

As a seller of droids and other service parts, T’Chi had many loyal customers.  During one fateful day, T’Chi remembers working closely with a customer, Semel Odon.  The Shenzeeder was an old hermit that was looking for droid that could help him on his moisture farm.

Suddenly, a group of savage Tusken raiders ambushed the Jawas and his customer.  The Chief, Ratu D’feth, led these ferocious warriors and their deadly attack.  This Tusken warrior has a long-standing reputation of ruling the Jundland wasteland with an iron fist.  Their attack was swift, fierce, and unrelenting.

T’Chi and one of his Jawa companions managed to escape as the Tuskens mocked their cowardice.

On that day, Ratu was the victor and he claimed the blaster staff as a his trophy from the fallen Shenzeeder.

Ratu savored his easy victory knowing the he can hunt down more of these pathetic Jawas whenever the urge strikes him.

“Yes, Master.  It will be done.”

Leaving a ruthless wake of death in his path.  T’Chi Oten-nal hunts down the remaining Tuskens responsible for the attacks of that day.

With the blood of one Tusken already staining his robes, T’Chi silent approaches the last of the tribe.

Igniting his saber, his attack is swift and ruthless.

Decapitating one Tusken he quickly turns on the other.

The second Tusken raider posed no threat to Jawa strong with the dark side of the force.

Turning around, T’Chi gazes towards his ultimate target.

Breathlessly, the Dark Jawa flips through the air and slays the Tusken War Chief in one stroke.

Pleased with his easy victory, T’Chi Oten-nal uses the force to raise the body of the former warlord and returns it to the cave.

“You have done well my Apprentice.  You’re training is complete.  Hence forward you will be known as Darth Punio,” bellows the dark shadow.
“Thank you my Master” whispers the Sith Knight.

“Now it is time that I return to this world.  Bring the body of the fallen warrior and harness the power I have to taught you.”

Lord Punio unleashes a Sith Lightning fury on the Tusken body.  “Return from the Dark Side of the force my Master.”
"Yes my Apprentice.  I feel the force flowing through this new body.”

A brilliant red glow radiates from the recess of the dark cave accompanied by a terrifiying scream “Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgghh.”

“Darth Plagueis the Wise returns to walk the grounds as a corporeal being.  You have done very well Lord Punio” exclaims the Sith Lord.
“Thank you master.  You have taught me well.”

“Soon, we will reveal ourselves to our enemy.”

Meanwhile, far away from Tatooine…

Supreme Chancellor Palpatine senses something.  A presence he hasn’t felt in a long time...

Jedi Master Yoda, in mediation at the Jedi Temple also senses a ripple in the force.

Yoda ponders the disturbance of the Force.  Thinking silently to himself “Soon, returned the Sith will be.”

“Lord Punio.  This body is still vulnerable.  Bring me my helmet.”

“Everything is proceeding as I have planned.  Soon I will have my revenge” says the Sith Lord as he smiles under his helmet.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 05:37 PM by BrentS »

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Duel of the Sith: Chapter 2 The Return (4/21)
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 01:14 PM »
Here is Chapter 2.  I hope everyone enjoys.  Please let me know if you have any comments or critiques. 

This part of the story is certainly more of a stretch (Jaws Sith ?!?!) so I hope it works okay. 

From a techincal perspective, I'm not quite as happy with some of these photos.  However, I wanted to get this finished product posted.  I can always go back and clean up a few shots if I need to.

Chapter 3 will be a little ways off.  I have quite a few custom figures to finish to get it made.

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 01:51 PM »
MWA HA HA HA AHA AHAHA AHAHA AHAAQA!!!!!!!  e'hm, sorry. That **** ing rocks.

I love the red hands and translator on Punio, and Darth Plagueis looks fantastic! I have a feeling that he's quite pissed off at someone though ;) I think I like where I think it's going. Only criticism being the name "Punio." Makes a little too much fun of it self, IMHO

Anyway, your well planed dialog, great pics, and straight-forward-out-off-left-field-ness makes this somehow ... believable. Well, to my twisted mind anyhow.

Great work! And don't worry about the pics - they're still pretty darned good! Can't wait to see more :)

BTW, what's the mask from?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 01:59 PM by PenDragon »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 03:30 PM »
Brent, congrats on a great story.  Good to see this continue, it's a lot of fun.

There are a few things you might want to edit on the grammar/verbiage but overall this is great and a unique look at the Star Wars universe that we rarely see.  I would have liked to see a little more of what happened right after the last story but that's ok, you did a good job spanning a timespan of a few years later.

Seems like few people tackle such fan fic stories and can tie them in with the story we already know but you're doing it and doing so very, very well. 

Great storyline, great pics and great effects especially on the hovering Tusken chief.  I especially liked the custom Tusken chief in there, simply awesome to add in that great custom you made.  And the Plageuis looks spectacular!!!

Very well done Brent, you deserve a lot of credit for this.

:)

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2006, 04:17 PM »
Thjs was absolutely brilliant. I have to say at first I thought this was being played for laughs, but the return of Darth Plageous ( sp?) put it over. I love Darth Punio!  ;D This idea is great. The Plageous fig is great too, I love the helmet. I am anxious to see where this goes.

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2006, 04:29 PM »
Hey, Brent, this is TERRIFIC stuff!  the customs are great, love the evil Jawa and the re-animated Plagueis looks scary as hell!!

Well done!  I really liked the story quite a lot, the spirit of Plageuis coming back, via the corpse of a Tusken.  Very clever plotting, I liked this twist quite a lot.  And it seems very much in tune with what (little) we know of Plageuis and his special knowledge.

I, too, was surprised by the huge jump forward in time, but that's okay.  I was hoping we'd spend more time with Shmi and her would-be boyfriend.  Oh, well.

Minor nitpicks - Wouldn't Palpatine be Chancellor now, since this takes place right after Episode I?

As Chewie said, some minor grammatical issues.  for instance, I think you meant to say "unrelentING", not "unrelentLESS".

And I agree that "Punio" is too silly a name, kinda undercuts the coolness factor of the character and the serious tone of the story.

In general, though, this is wonderful.  The pictures are wonderful and I really dig the story.  Looking forward to more!!
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2006, 04:43 PM »
Damn, BRENTS!  You are starting to beat me with these updates!

Other than the big jump in the timeline, Chapter 2 was perfect.  Your visuals and pics look perfect to me, but I am eager to see what changes you could possibly make.  Gorgoeus pics of Tatooine and Coruscant, epecially the space shot of Coruscant.  And the combination of live sets with digital backgrounds is perfect.

I really like your narration, since it adds the basic dialogue.  Great use of descriptives and plot setting. 

I didn't know you were a Customizer until I read the first chapter.  But you do have a great eye for detail with your customs.  The Jawa is very well detailed, from the paint to the addition of the translator.  Darth Plageuis also look fantastic (what wave will these figs be released in??).  Is Plageuis your own concept or based on an actual pic?  The Tuskans also look sharp.

I look forward to eventual battle between the Siths.  No doubt Palpatine will have some more manuvering to ensure his plans are not interferred with. 

I'll ask the #1 question of all photonovels:  When's the next update?  When's the next update???  WHEN'S THE NEXT UPDATE?!?!?!   ;D
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2006, 05:30 PM »
WOW - thanks for all the great comments so quickly!!  This has only been posted a few hours.

I have to confess that this update was quicker out the door than expected because 90% of the photos were shot when I was getting the Prologue chapter together.  I was originally planning on having both of these chapters as the first chapter but decided that it was too much (for me and for the story) to put them together.  I didn't actually finish up the last photos until last night but 90% were done several weeks ago.

Let me try to address some of the common comments/criticisms

Jumping ahead:  After the "success" of the Prologue, I was afraid that people would be disappointed when I jumped so far ahead.  I never planned on having Shmi and Hamma be integral characters in the storyline.  I needed a way to introduce the concept of Plagueis and Anakin.  However, I promise you that in future chapters, these characters will come back (via flashbacks or current events).  Hamma in particular seems to be a fan favorite :)   Ask and you shall receive. 

Also concerning the time jump, keep in mind I presented the first chapter as Prologue and they are often disconnected with the typical storyline continuum.

Darth Punio - well this little badboy was the last character to get named.  It didn't happen until minutes before I posted the final version.  I came up with his name from the latin word for Punish - it seemed appropriate with the play on words.  However, I'm not in love with the name.  If there is someone out there with a more creative name, let me know.  Maybe, I'll start a question on my personal thread to name him something else.......

Darth Plagueis is just a figment of my imagination.  I was pushing various parts together.  He originally had the head from Dr. Doom (a la Chewie's version) but then I found the Deadites cheap and figured he fit the whole reincarnation theme a lot better.  The helmet was made from a GI-Joe Imperial Processional figure with some extra sculpy molded down the front.  I made a mold of it and cast it out of plastic resin, hollowed it out and repainted it.  Voila. 

I've been holding Darth Plagueis back from my custom thread for a while just because I wanted to debut him here.  I'll go back and show him there and give the full recipe.

Bad photos - the Jawa/Tusken sequences (in black and white) came out pretty blurry and I was too lazy to go back and try to get better shots.  I think they work okay but the aren't my best ones.

Again, thanks for all the comments.

Chapter 3 - it will be coming but I have several other customs to make and I'll need some new sets to create.

Chewie - as far as including the Tusken chief - believe it or not, the idea for the photonovel stemmed from some of the customs I'd already made and how to tie them together (for example, Darth Punio, the tusken chief, and Semel the toothy alien).

Quaazar- I'm confused on your Palpatine comment.  I called him out as Supreme Chancellor.  Maybe since I used the EP1 figure you mean?  I probably should have grabbed my AOTC version but these events take place right after EP1 so I went with the guy that was handy  ;)

« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 05:36 PM by BrentS »

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2006, 09:08 AM »
^You're right, you did call him Chancellor. What the hell is wrong with me?!?!?

Sorry!  Great update!
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2006, 03:53 PM »
This story is really entertaining. I love it so far. The Plagueis coming back as a skeleton kind of reminds me of Imotehp from The Mummy and The Mummy Returns. Great job, and keep up the awesome work!!!

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2006, 09:33 PM »
WOW! this is a really good story so far!

- as i'm sure CHEWIE already mentioned there where a few grammatical error's, but no big deal.

- for this being your first photonovel, your pics are great! far better than my first's, and your effects look great as well.

- the whole pre phantom mentace storyline is really cool, you don't really see alot of that.

- i have to say my favorite part thgus far has been the sith jawa killing the tusken chief and bringing back his body to plaguis's spirit to inhabbit, that was awsome.......

great job, i really enjoyed reading this story, thanks for sharing it!
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2006, 10:04 PM »
 ;DThis was cool!!Ilike it!!I like it!! ;D
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!