Author Topic: Infidelity.....what say you?  (Read 14001 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Infidelity.....what say you?
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2006, 02:15 AM »
I've grown up in a semi-similar situation MWB, with parents who didn't get along...

Mine didn't cheat, but they stayed together for my brother's and I...  It was really ultimately the wrong thing.  My parents are sort of the old-school mentality though where the wife stays with the husband...  He worked, my mother didn't have the career and independance she could (should) have...  No infidelity or physical abuse or anything, but I can attest that mental abuse is just as bad if not worse.

Not the best situation for children or my mother...  Funny how you look at, say grandparents then, and see the traits that make your parents who they are, and act the ways they do...  What's scary is finding some of the same traits in yourself though.  I catch myself sometimes, and try to supress it.  I don't like it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2006, 06:34 AM »
I had it done to me when I had been in a relationship for about 2 1/2 years.  I started getting suspicious of some things that I'll not get into here.  PM me if you want Force Guy.  I dropped the hammer and it was probably 2 years before I was seriously dating again.  Luckily for me, the next one I dated I ended up marrying and have no worries at all.  If I had any doubts, I would have never made that step.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2006, 11:58 AM »
What's scary is finding some of the same traits in yourself though.  I catch myself sometimes, and try to supress it.  I don't like it.

O mama mia... Anyone who knows me, knows that I prefer to slit my wrists than go down the path my father took. But I still catch myself talking like him, sometimes - ****, I catch myself balling fists like he does. I've got that short fused temper and when it slips, I feel god awful... I wasn't raised thinking hitting was bad, and I wasn't raised knowing what my dad is like when he's sober. It took me a long time to realize his weirdness is when he's sober, and he's only normal when he's pissy and intoxicated.

Kinda running off course, here, sorry.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2006, 12:01 PM »
I've thankfully not had it happen to me (that I'm aware)

Mmm.  Yeah I'd imagine most aren't aware.  It's usually done covertly.

That's not to say that it has happened to you.  I just think usually the perp doesn't get caught.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 12:28 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2006, 03:49 PM »
I've thankfully not had it happen to me (that I'm aware)

Mmm.  Yeah I'd imagine most aren't aware.  It's usually done covertly.

That's not to say that it has happened to you.  I just think usually the perp doesn't get caught.

Oh yeah.  I totally banged his girl.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2006, 05:46 PM »
That will be fine.

I just had to make the point that unless you catch someone in the act, or they confess, it's hard to prove.  Especially if it's a short fling.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2006, 06:23 PM »
Seeing alot of the same viewpoint here and as usual I typically offer an opposite view.I can't help being controversial like that it just happens. Anyway I won't add my comments/experiences here to prevent yet another 20:1 argument as usual ::).

I will say that it makes for more boring discussion when so many folks say " it happened to me" or  "yeah I totally am against it". Same read all around...but heh, I had to read all the way through to see if there was anything different in here-not surprised when I didn't. Well..okay other than one post attempting to be funny/sarcastic.

A gloom and doom discussion-- Any guilty parties want to share their viewpoints? Or folks for infidelity want to share?
If not let's go back to the one side again ::).

The DS

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2006, 06:43 PM »
Being "for" infidelity is going to be along the same lines (morally) with most people as those who condone theft...  You'd basically be **** upon by most, and really can anyone blame the masses for it? 

You're right DR that it's tough to know, though I've found most people (when they are liars) give it away...  I'd imagine infidelity would be even easier to spot.  Hopefully everyone has trusting, caring, honest relationships though that it doesn't register as a problem for them...  I truly hope that for everyone here, of course.

My girl's a good one now, despite Name's claims...  He's just jealous that all he has are his inflatable dolls.  I've banged them, he doesn't even know, and I didn't even wipe up when I was done, so hah!  She was good too, but kept deflating...
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2006, 06:53 PM »
I would also like to welcome Force Guy back, and since I've always loved him, I figure this is the best place for me to offer to commit adultery onmy wife with him.

Whaddaya think, stud?
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2006, 07:08 PM »
And with that, it appears as if this thread is past the point of no return. 

But, in what may be a futile attempt to get it back on track, I offer this:

If any of you think that you may be being cheated on, but aren't quite sure how to go about proving it, there's always one man to whom you can turn:

"She gave you her heart, and this is how you repay her?  You should be ashamed of yourself."

(Nice to have you back, Phil.)
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2006, 07:13 PM »
Being "for" infidelity is going to be along the same lines (morally) with most people as those who condone theft...  You'd basically be **** upon by most, and really can anyone blame the masses for it? 

Interesting response Jesse.
What Say you to agreed couples involved in orgies, sex parties trading partners ect? At least they agree.

If I could cheat and at least tell about it and not lie ..Am I different just because I told the truth?=no, I'm colored the same.

Are we all to say we're better than the rest just because we don't cheat? So, if we hate sex colonists because of their infidelity(and it's their choice) can we really **** on them? To me it's like saying we should eliminate all those in the world who believe in a particular religion. Can we really judge them and do this?

I don't believe in 'once a cheater always a cheater'..Dog, ect.
As human beings we learn from our mistakes..but, if we don't commit the mistake, how can we learn from it? Without actually experiencing it (from either side) of infidelity.. one cannot know how it feels inside them..ESPECIALLY if they saw it happen to a friend or it was their parents. You can only experience it to know how it feels in you. There actually is alot of stronger families out there that learned to forgive a once committed mistake that end up lasting 40-50 years of marriage you know.

After all we are people.

--The DS

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2006, 07:19 PM »
You can only experience it to know how it feels in you.

:o
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 07:21 PM by MWB »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2006, 07:19 PM »
And with that, it appears as if this thread is past the point of no return. 

But, in what may be a futile attempt to get it back on track, I offer this:

If any of you think that you may be being cheated on, but aren't quite sure how to go about proving it, there's always one man to whom you can turn:

"She gave you her heart, and this is how you repay her?  You should be ashamed of yourself."

(Nice to have you back, Phil.)

You know, I was going to do it in my first post in this thread - but it was too soon.  And now that the time is right, you beat me to it.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 07:20 PM by Rob »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2006, 07:22 PM »
I've been cheated on by girls I've dated in the past, ans as soon as I found out about such infidelities, I ended it with them, no second chances given.  To me it's violating a sacred trust and once someone has proven themselves untrustworthy, it's almost impossible to trust them again, especially with something like your heart.

That being said, I generally trust people until they give me a reason not to trust them.  So when it came to dating other women, I did not judge them by past relationships.

I'm extremely lucky to have my fiancee in my life.  She too has been cheated on in the past and we have had long talks about how much a violation in trust it would be and how hurtful it is.  I have no doubts whatsoever that she would never cheat on me.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2006, 07:38 PM »
In high school, I scammed with my best friend's girl.  That sucked.  Well, I mean, my best friend's girlfriend was totally hot, and it was nice while it was going on, but the repurcussions totally sucked..

In addition to coming out as a high school accessory to cheating and fagging it up with Force Guy, I may as well travel to the very end of the limb and say that I think that the taboo of infidelity makes it interesting, if not intoxicating.  The allure of the forbidden has to be what draws so many people into the snare.

Don't get me wrong; it's clearly a rotten, rotten thing.  Probably the most rotten thing imaginable.  That's what makes it so interesting.

Thinking of it in terms of sheer intensity and passion, I guess I am somewhat infatuated with the dynamics of infidelity and it triggering the "ground zero" of human emotion.  Everthing from the cuckolds that sign up for those wife-swapping videos to the bitterness of betrayal and the suicidal tendencies of those wounded by the act....

I am interested in how one kind of action can produce such a range of emotional responses, and the ways those responses transform interpersonal relationships.

It's powerful stuff, to be sure.
"Really?  Sorry."