Author Topic: Mace Windu Total Control  (Read 3772 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Mace Windu Total Control
« on: May 14, 2003, 09:16 PM »
Just wanted to direct everyone's attention to the JediDefender newest staff members first review for us...welcome Jesse James and take a look at what he has to say!

http://www.jedidefender.com/review.php

No comments on fingers or whatnot since I took the pics  :-*

I tend to agree with a lot you say Jesse the action feature while kind of lame looking actually is really fun to play with.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2003, 09:16 PM by OCB »

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: Mace Windu Total Control
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2003, 11:09 PM »
Great review JJ!  It seems like you've been writing reviews for a long time.  Can you do a review on the flying R2-D2?  I'd love to hear what you have to say about him.

Again, great review... it was fun to read!
dustrho

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2003, 11:35 PM »
Hey Guys, worked my way down here now as I've been going through the forums tonight. :)

Thanks for posting the heads up here OCB, it's appreciated...

I appreciate the good feedback too Dustrho...

I have flying R2 lined up for my next review actually, so you're in luck!  Of course, if you like him you may not like what I have to say, haha.

I have a few lined up actually, as I ran into some new figures in the last couple weeks (Surprisingly), so I have some ammo to work with here.  Enough to keep me semi-busy anyway. :)

Glad the reviews up and going well so far. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2003, 11:39 PM »
I actually don't care at all for the new R2.  I wrote a brief review about it here...

http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?board=8;action=display;threadid=792
dustrho

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2003, 02:52 AM »
Amen...

It's a weeaaaakkkk figure.  And will be dubbed so in my review, I can say that much...

I bought him very begrudgingly.  I think it was more out of desire just to buy something, and there he was.

Not even great for customizing, ick...  :(  I mean, even the first POTF2 R2 was ok for customizing!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline FX-7

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2003, 03:07 PM »
I refuse to ever buy this thing, that large stick looks rediculous sticking out of his back
Medical Droid Extrodinaire

Offline Thomas Grey

• Jedi Padawan
  • What are you laughing at fuzzball?
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2003, 07:39 PM »
I have seen the future of JD.com reviews and it is Jesse James!

As the former (and quite pathetic when compared...) review person here, I am not worthy.

photos are awesome!!! I like the hands on approach!

layout/format is sweet!

Crash and honest sense of humor and reporting that makes it worth reading more than 1 time...

I truly am not worthy.

If ever I am again responsible for doing a review here, I would feel defeated before even starting. I now know the true meaning of what a SW toy review should be and I look forward to more (part because they are clutch, and part because I don't want to follow a reviewing demi-god's footsteps.

Thank you for setting me straight and for giving JD.com your amazing talent!

"There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2003, 09:50 PM »
Hey Thomas,

Thanks for the accolades!  Greatly appreciated, as I'm proud to  have joined on with you all...  I am happy to see you dig the reviews, and I hope they are a good point to the site that helps to generate some traffic and interest around Chris's place. :)

I was pleased when I was asked to join, as it gave me some pride in knowing my reviews I was posting around the net were well received, even if people don't agree with me.

Thanks again for the fantastic approval...  I'm glad my "style" is appreciated and I hope you, the rest of the staff, and everyone here visitng the site are going to enjoy the reviews.  I want to give some honesty to toy reviews that I think is lacking at some collecting sites (Not just Star Wars ones either).  

Thanks again for the nice sentiments, as they're greatly appreciated!

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2003, 03:49 PM »
Yep, kudos to Jesse's fine review work indeed!  But that's nothing terribly surprising, if you've been following Jesse's excellent work over the previous couple years around the boards.  Best reviews around!  Always a good read, since he tells it like it is, no holds barred - as you'll surely see when his Flying R2 review hits the stands!   ;)

Great work Jesse.  We're thrilled you've brought your great talent for reviews here to JediDefender!  Looking forward to each and every new review from you in the future as well...   8)