Author Topic: UGH Figures Replacing the Figs you really want?  (Read 3830 times)

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
UGH Figures Replacing the Figs you really want?
« on: April 25, 2006, 10:22 PM »
I stopped at one of Walmarts I Drop By every Morning on my route to work Yesteday, and was thrilled to see that 2 Fresh Cases of the Coruscant wave had been Stocked on the Pegs. So, Naturally me being an army Builder, I Started Shuffeling Through for Cody and the U.Clones. But to my Disapointment the Cody's had been replace with the UGH Fett and snow Trooper :-[ Cody Being Packed 1 Per Case in this Asst., I thought it Was a Pretty Lame Call on Hasbros Part. I Really Feel bad for the Guys Who've Bought These Cases over the Internet and lose out on the Figs they really Want for a Lame  UGH Fig that They have Like 20 Versons Of Allready. I was Wondering how many of you have had the Same Problem?

On a Brighter Note, I once found the Coruscant Asst. Packed with an Extra UGH Cody in addition to the Reg. Cody, That Was a Great Score ;D
Fritzkrieg

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: UGH Figures Replacing the Figs you really want?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 10:53 PM »
I've never seen a UGH figure. (Or a Scorch for that matter...) I refuse to get up early just to hunt for toys and have to battle the early morning Hot Wheels crowd.

If one did get a case that had UGH figures, they could easily be traded off for the stuff you need.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 11:18 PM »
Kinda sucks going out early, but in my area there seems to be only 1 HW guy attached to their own different Target store.  You just have to get in front of them, and they'll kinda honor that and wait, but sometimes they'll make a mad dash.  I can't stand going toy hunting shopping during the day or at night due to just plain crowds (of normal people)

NeWayZ...I've only seen 8 UGH figs in my local hunts and picked up every single one of them.  :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Mitsukara

• Jedi Initiate
  • Casual/Poor Collector and Customizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 11:25 PM »
Well, the one time our store has gotten the Coruscant wave it was half-full of UGHs but I was actually happy to see most of them because I was looking for repacks- ironically I was (and still am) looking for a Boba Fett, but the store was alack for one.

I'd say these didn't sell out too quickly since I went mid-afternoon, but in a small city and for all the figures to be gone in a couple days.... I mean, the Hoth Wave stuck around for ages and Derlin is still pegwarming at that.

I actually bought a UGH Vader, but I've traded him to another forum member for two figures I was looking for, so good deal there IMO. You might consider doing that.

...actually, I'd buy that Fett off you at store price if he's still hanging in your store for some reason... and I'd definately be willing to pay shipping and such.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 11:26 PM by Mitsukara »

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 11:44 PM »
I'd seen all of the coruscant wave except for cody/scorch up until yesterday when I finally saw a cody so I got him.
most of the figures look good but it's a good thing (in a sad way ) that I don't have much money to spare or I'd buy most of everything out there.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Kill_Solo

• Jedi Initiate
  • You're a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2006, 01:01 AM »
I actually completed the UGH set pretty quick.  I am not a MOC collector, but I got half of them in one shot, so I figured why not. Now I just buy UGHs for trade fodder.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2006, 02:45 PM by Kill_Solo »

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2006, 01:23 AM »
I am in the same boat as you I have 7 of the 10 so I have to finish now.

Simple rule: If you dont go early you find squat. (Most cases..9 outta 10) Luckily I have access to walmart & Target by my work. Very true, no matter what state there is always that HW guy in the morning............ ???
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2006, 01:41 AM »
Very true, no matter what state there is always that HW guy in the morning............ ???

Tell me about it. We don't have a Chili's, Outback steakhouse, or TGI Friday's in this town, but we have HW guys out the ass.  ::)

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2006, 09:48 AM »
My local Targets has two that I call the godfather and te bitch.  The godfather is too fat to walk in the store anymore so he stay outside on a bench or his car while the bitch gathers cars for him and then they sort them in front of the store.  The whole show is as funny as dog ****. ::)
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2006, 12:41 PM »
inadvertent imitation,
BY ANY CHANCE DO YOUR HW GUYS HAVE BIG GRIZZLY ADAMS SANTA BEARDS?
FOR SOME REASON, ITS A BIG TREND WITH THESE GUYS: BASEBALL CAPS AND BEARDS!

I WANT TO TUG THEM TO SEE IF HOT WHEELS CARS WILL SHAKE OUT OF THEM.

I USE TO WORK AS A DESIGNER AT MATTEL IN EL SEGUNDO CA. THEY USE TO GIVE US FREE RARE HW CARS. ON THE WAY TO WORK THERE WAS A TARGET THAT I STOPPED AT EACH MORNING ON PCH HIGHWAY WITH OODLES OF THESE GUYS. BEFORE THE TARGET OPENED I HAD A CAR TRUNK SALE, IT WAS GREAT WATCHING THEM SCRAMBLE. I MADE PLENTY OF CASH TO BUY MY SW STUFF.
BUT MY GOD MAN I WANTED TO BRING A PAIR OF CLIPPERS.

AT LEAST THEY DO NOT GO IN THE SW SECTION.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2006, 02:09 PM »
Please avoid using the 'Caps Lock' when posting - it's akin to yelling on the forums.

Thanks.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2006, 10:12 PM »
Please avoid using the 'Caps Lock' when posting - it's akin to yelling on the forums.

Thanks.

Sorry guys, I am a newbie.  I was not yelling and will be sure to keep the caps off.
I still want to see if HW cars will shake out of their beards........

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 1, 2006, 12:12 AM »
Some have beards, but most of them don't bathe on a regular basis nor do laundry very often.

Sometimes, I see them looking in the SW and ML area, but I just don't go to stores when those guys are there in the morning because I don't want the employees to think I'm part of that crowd.