Author Topic: Jedi Temple Assault Battle Pack  (Read 65691 times)

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Jedi Temple Assault Battle Pack
« Reply #105 on: November 6, 2005, 09:12 PM »
Kmart is so screwed up I'm supprised anyone can find the JTA pack.  Target is scitzo with their exclusives but in the end it's easier to get them, but Kmart is like a black hole or something.  I lucked out one Friday and found 2 JTAs but I've seen plenty of the Target packs and those are ALL clone.  Besides, Kmarts charges like a scalper compared to other major outlets.

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 7, 2005, 12:02 AM »
There are definetly different prices according to the retail store, but I don't think it is quite fair to compare Kmart to a scalper. Reg. price of single figures are $6.99; right now they are on sale for $5.99, not much different before Target and Walmart lowered their prices awhile back.
The JTA are $25, but you do receive 5 figures  so that comes to around $5.20 per figure, hardly a scalper's price.  Is Target's 5 pack of clones cheaper? Yep, $4.00 per figure. However the JTA uses the #6 clone which is a better version than Target's 5 pack; the Clone Pilot is a waste and Anakin is a rehash vs new clones. However, all in all, the JTA pack is worth it for me. I got 2 of them.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #107 on: November 7, 2005, 01:01 AM »
JTA packs vary in price...  I got mine for slightly above $25, I saw them for $29 at one store, and some locals were saying they got theirs for $21 after tax so that's right around a normal price on these kinds of things.  I'm amazed how all over the board they are but given K-Mart's style I shouldn't have been.

In Pittsburgh, I still hear that a store has one or two at it...  But that's it.  The 2 KM's near me sold out almost immediately.  I put two on lay-away (and being KM you have to pay a lay-away fee but I just didn't have the cash to get these at the time) and I'm actually glad I did this...  The 2 sets that were there when I left were gone the very next day so I'm glad I didn't hesitate.

Had the KM set been like the Target set in that it was 5 Cloens, It would've been a nightmare (more than it was) to find I'm afraid.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 7, 2005, 01:03 AM »
Depends on where you are though. My friend Dave in Texas has Kmarts with these things shelfwarming because they are priced at 32.00. I don't think that Kmart has the right to be charging more than regular places on anything.
I remember my dream now.

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 10, 2005, 06:59 AM »
I see these as a double negative.  1st you have to win the "luck" game and find one at Kmart (no small feat) and 2nd you have to roll the dice again to see what your going to have to pay for the stinker.  I found 2 of them back in August when the came out and I was all happy when I went to pay.  However, after I looked at the price I was paying for each (~$28!!!) I wasn't as happy... :(

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 10, 2005, 10:31 AM »
See that's the funny thing about exclusives, the retailer can charge whatever they want. Hasbro can give a msrp on the product but the retailer doesn't have to follow it. This explains $12.99 for a figure at target when their others are $4.99. You can use the arguement that it comes with a case but even still. At most you would expect a figure like the Clone or Shadow Trooper to be $9.99 but the fact is that they know collectors will pay whatever it takes to get it. Especially since they can't buy it anywhere else.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 10, 2005, 09:34 PM »
So admittedly I haven't read this entire thread - but I was wondering if anyone has these things collecting dust in their local k-Marts?  We don't have a K-Mart anywhere near here and I'd like to get my hands on 2 of these (one for a friend) if anyone might be able to help.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 10, 2005, 09:51 PM »
I also need one, as there are no K-Marts around here - the closest one is about an hour and a half away.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #113 on: November 11, 2005, 01:24 AM »
I'll do some browsing...  I've heard tell of one here and there, but very little...  Generally speaking they flew off shelves.  I got my set the day they came out (with Brent's), and there were 3 when I left that day.  Next day those 3 were gone...  I didn't get to the other 2 or 3 semi-close KM's to look but others in my area seemed to imply they were going fast.

There's many KM's around my area yet, some in less than desireable parts of town, and so I'll maybe be out and about and check to see what I can find at those stores.  Pricey sets, but not the worst battlepack ever for certain.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 11, 2005, 01:39 AM »
  Generally speaking they flew off shelves.  I got my set the day they came out (with Brent's),

:-*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #115 on: November 11, 2005, 01:42 AM »
Dawwww...  shucks.

Nah, seriously if I'd have known this would've been a problem like this, I'd have tried to help everyone I could have since I did see 5.  I wanted more for myself, but at the $25 pricetag I didn't...  Too tough justifying all the Ani's I'd have had leftover.

I'll see what I can find.  I don't do much to help folks out sometimes (not my fault, honest, usually I'm the one in need) but since KM's are abundant here I was glad to try to give back a little.  I'll see what I can dig up guys.

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 11, 2005, 01:43 AM »
Dawwww...  shucks.

Nah, seriously if I'd have known this would've been a problem like this, I'd have tried to help everyone I could have since I did see 5.  I wanted more for myself, but at the $25 pricetag I didn't...  Too tough justifying all the Ani's I'd have had leftover.

I'll see what I can find.  I don't do much to help folks out sometimes (not my fault, honest, usually I'm the one in need) but since KM's are abundant here I was glad to try to give back a little.  I'll see what I can dig up guys.

hook me up with one too Jesse, i havent seen one in a while.  :-*

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 11, 2005, 12:59 PM »
I've never seen one of these. I'm planning on buying 2 of the regular 501st figures and filling in the rest of the legion with white infantry guys.

Offline darkksith

• Youngling
  • Completest Crazy!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 11, 2005, 02:52 PM »
i just found and bought one of these today for $17.99. it rang up at $26.99 but i had last sundays newspaper circular with me that has battle packs listed on sale for the $17.99 price tag. it took a few minutes but they decided to adjust the price for me. so if you happen to find one in the next two days, make sure you get the ad from the store for a possible price adjustment.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 11, 2005, 03:38 PM »
I've never seen one of these. I'm planning on buying 2 of the regular 501st figures and filling in the rest of the legion with white infantry guys.

Or, if you can't find them, make 'em!  Not too hard of a repaint to do with the #41 Clone.  All you need is navy blue acrylic paint, a fine brush, and some matte acrylic seal spray.  Plus you have a better base sculpt.

:P