Author Topic: TSC Recent Acquisitions  (Read 286379 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: TSC Recent Purchases
« Reply #195 on: February 28, 2006, 08:38 PM »
Here's a story for ya...

So, I wake up this morning and in the process of putting in my contact lenses, I use up the last of my contact solution.  I make a mental note so that hopefully I will remember to buy some when I make my daily trip to Target to look for toys.  Well, it was one of those busy days at work and I didn't have time to run out to Target over lunch.  I figured "no problem".  I'd just hit Walgreens on my way home and grab a new bottle or two to re-supply.

Now, I drive past this particular Walgreens every day on my way to work, never giving it a second thought most of the time, that is, until days like today when I actually need to stop in there.  So, I pull into the parking lot, hop out of my car and head into the store.  I moved past a few old ladies milling about in the entry way and check out the overhead signage.  I see the sign for "Eye Care" and off I go.

Now, the path from the front door leads me directly past the toy aisle.  I figure, what the hell.  I'll check it out and possibly get the chance to mock the dusty Ep1 figures still on the pegs or something.  Here's where the fun begins.

What do you think was hanging on the pegs?

CLICK ME for your answer!   I know what you're thinking - it's nuts.  Still can't believe it myself.

It was like Karma reached down from the Heavens and said, "Here you go dude!"  They only have ONE Star Wars figure in the whole damn store and it's freakin' Scorch?  Unreal.  He was surrounded by a bunch of Power Ranger and Ninja Turtle crap on a lone peg marked "Star Wars Series - $7.99".  No Yoda, no Poggle - just one lonely Scorch.   :o

I asked the employee in the store if they had any more.  She checked the back and said, nope.  They got a box in last week and that is all that's left.  So, thank you to all the old ladies of Oakdale who picked up Poggle or 3PO or Jango for their grandkids and left Scorch behind.   :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediFirefly

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 28, 2006, 11:42 PM »
Very lucky find Jeff. I work at a Walgreens and I wish we would get some of the new figures in. My store is suppose to carry the figures as a basic item meaning we should always have some on the shelf and get them in if we dont. We did not have any figures since Christmas and now they finally got some in and what are they episode 3 figures 2 Vaders and 1 mufustar sentry neither worth the $7.99 for me. I keep hoping though that I will find a case of newer figures in our stock room our open up a tote while stocking and find a figure I want.

Offline Ithorian Clergy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Straight up rocket scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 2, 2006, 08:30 AM »
Today I found the first new thing in 2 weeks in my area and picked up the Boba Fett die cast figure.  Vader was there as well, but I left him, because enough is enough with the Vader figures already.  I wasn't going to buy Fett either, but it occured to me that this is the first action figure rendition of Boba Fett with a removable helmet, and that's just cool.

As far as future die cast figures though, I probably will not be buying any of the  characters that aren't metal to start with.  For example, a metallic Bossk does not interest me, but a metal IG-88 will do just fine.

But buy Boba today!
If you vote for me all of your wildest dreams will come true.  Thank you.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 2, 2006, 12:33 PM »
Picked me up another Utapau Clone and a Scorch for one of my Twin Cities JD buddies.

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 2, 2006, 06:16 PM »
Sun Fac (x5)
Sora Bulq

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 3, 2006, 03:17 AM »
Picked up a set of the Titanium figures tonite and the new GH wave

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 4, 2006, 08:57 PM »
Picked up an extra Madine for customizing. :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 4, 2006, 09:19 PM »
Picked up an extra Madine for customizing. :P

You mean Derlin, right?

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 4, 2006, 11:33 PM »
Picked up the new set of GH, a Scorch and Titanium Anakin's Starfighter this morning.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 5, 2006, 03:47 AM »
snagged x2 UGH titanium slave 1 and X2 obi-won SF titanium.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 5, 2006, 12:24 PM »
Finally have a Scorch thanks to Ray(BobaFett77). Now if I could find a couple more.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 5, 2006, 06:28 PM »
Bought a Sun Fac and Sora Bulq earlier today
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 5, 2006, 10:22 PM »
I found a U clone this weekend, that was definately the highlight. I did find the GH wave last week with Maul and company. One of the targets I stopped at had raised their GH prices to match the Saga figures (5.89). Something to look for, as target had been 4.79 for these every other store I checked.

Offline Clone On Fire

• Youngling
  • Blaze of Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 6, 2006, 10:30 AM »
Picked up Greedo, Han Endor, and Luke X-Wing VOTC at Walmart this morning.  The Tusken Raider and Biker Scout were gone already, and those were the 2  I wanted the most by far.  Rest assured though, I will be checking daily for restocking.  They were $9.96 each.  They also had the remnants of the Geonosis wave including Poggle, 3P0, and Sun Fac.
They cannot conquer forever!

Offline Combat Chuck

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 6, 2006, 09:45 PM »
I recently picked up a Sora Bulq and Scorch. I should have grabbed a few of the Sun Facs that were there now that I think about it. Still haven't found a Geonosis Yoda yet...

This question may be a little off-topic for this section of the forums, but I've been wondering whether or not Hasbro has made any plans to produce figures of the other members of Delta Squad. The Scorch figure looks great on his own, but to have them all, each with their respective weapon type, would be awesome.