Author Topic: TSC Recent Acquisitions  (Read 286412 times)

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: TSC Recent Purchases
« Reply #90 on: January 14, 2006, 09:43 PM »
picked up General Veers and got an AT-AT Driver from JayDouble  :)

Offline Ithorian Clergy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Straight up rocket scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 15, 2006, 11:24 AM »
Toys 'R' Us, KB Toys, and Target have steadily had nothing since all of you have been finding the Hoth wave, but this morning I finally found the Hoth wave at Walmart.

I must say that the AT-AT driver and General Veers are the winners from this bunch, and I think that the Derlin has potential to customize into a nice SA Hoth Rebel Trooper if you take the backpack and rifle  from the POTF2 versions.
If you vote for me all of your wildest dreams will come true.  Thank you.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 15, 2006, 05:10 PM »
Picked up Han, Boussh, and Barada today, completing my wants from Carkoon. Now waiting for the Hoth wave to arrive.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 15, 2006, 08:21 PM »
In my area I have noticed a trend. The waves are hitting Walmart, then Target, then TRU. After that the Saga waves disappears and we did not see more figures until the next wave hit. Then it was a ratio of 3 Carkoon to 1 Hoth in many Walmarts, some getting a 3 to 2 ratio of Carkoon to Hoth.
My question is has anyone seen a Wally, Target or TRU restock a Saga wave after initially receiving their first shipment?
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline exjedi

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • exjedi.com
« Reply #94 on: January 15, 2006, 08:44 PM »
In my area I have noticed a trend. The waves are hitting Walmart, then Target, then TRU. After that the Saga waves disappears and we did not see more figures until the next wave hit. Then it was a ratio of 3 Carkoon to 1 Hoth in many Walmarts, some getting a 3 to 2 ratio of Carkoon to Hoth.
My question is has anyone seen a Wally, Target or TRU restock a Saga wave after initially receiving their first shipment?

Yep,  Super Target here put out 2 solid cases of the Hoth wave today, same store put out 2 cases of the Hoth wave last week when it started to hit, with no sign of the Carkoon wave this time around. 

Offline Ithorian Clergy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Straight up rocket scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 16, 2006, 12:19 AM »
to 1 Hoth in many Walmarts, some getting a 3 to 2 ratio of Carkoon to Hoth.

I have seen Target restock the Carkoon wave so far.

I have a feeling my Wally World is finally getting with the program now too with Saga.  Got Hoth there today and there was plenty of it.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 12:19 AM by Ithorian Clergy »
If you vote for me all of your wildest dreams will come true.  Thank you.

SilverZ

« Reply #96 on: January 16, 2006, 12:44 AM »

The Target across the street from me sucks an inordinant amount of ass, so it's not entirely typical, but I check it in the morning at opening and in the evening (I walked through it to get to the train station). They have not restocked the wave since I grabbed a case from them a few weeks back, as far as I can tell. They'll probably only get a single case of Hoth as well.  ::)

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 16, 2006, 03:56 PM »

Targets in my area don't seem to be lacking the Carkoon wave. Check 4 different Targets over the weekend. All of them restocked but only two of them had the Hoth wave. The other two stocked 2-3 cases of the Carkoon wave. We have nearly full sets of wave 1 peg hanging here.

Offline Clone On Fire

• Youngling
  • Blaze of Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 16, 2006, 04:03 PM »
I got the Hoth wave at Walmart on Sunday.  Veers is the bomb!
They cannot conquer forever!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #99 on: January 17, 2006, 02:56 AM »
I got a Bib Fortuna last week, but this week I got a Barada (someone got it for me), and so since it was bought for me I opened it...  He had a CHewbacca Boussh Prisoner stand though however. 

And I got a Han Solo tonight at Wal-Mart.  Everyone was reporting Carkoon Wave around our area though, and smatterings of Hoth Wave remnants.  So that's a plus.  Bodes well for me finding something at some point.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 17, 2006, 11:11 AM »
Ordered a couple of cases from Newforce to resolve my issues, I think after shipping a little over $6 per figure:

SW 3 3/4 IN BASIC FIGURE, 2006 wave 3.4
(2) Darth Vader Hoth
(1) Fire Pilot
(1) Commander Cody
(1) Neimoidian Pilot
(2) Clone Trooper
(1) Foul Moudama (Muftak Jedi)
(1) Anakin Skywalker
(1) Ki Adi Mundi (hologram)
(1) General Grievous (Bounty Hunt figure)
(1) Scorch (Bounty Hunt figure)

SW 3 3/4 IN BASIC FIGURE, 2006 wave 1
(2) General Veers
(2) AtAt Driver
(2) Rebel Trooper
(1) General Rieekan
(2) SnowTrooper
(1) Darth Vader Hoth
(1) R2D2
(1) Gonk Droid

Ok, what's next?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 17, 2006, 05:19 PM »
Hey Morbug, I'm about to move to Italy so I'm going to have to resort to ordering cases like that.  I've never had to order whole cases.  I don't know what I'm going to do w/ the ones I don't want like the lame repack of Anakin and Vader Hoth...  That case should have more of Cody!  Cody REALLY needs to be over packed.  Why doesn't Hasbro get it?  You could put 4 Cody's per case and still not have enough!!! ::)

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 17, 2006, 10:27 PM »
I too am also really considering ordering cases for the waves I want. Just saves the time of running to get them. Guess I'm lazy  . . . . no, I have other things that I want to do with my time. For my extra's I'll either give them to my son if he wants em, or I have a 4 year old that my 11 year old son has corrupted (our neighbors son who is 4 saw my son's Darth Vader costume at Halloween, and he came over in November and played with my son for about 4 hours. All they played was Star Wars. It was actually cool because we had an older Vader costume from when my son was that age and we gave it to him, well, my son did as well as an old he won't fit Jedi costume; my son has newer ones). The 4 year old would love the figures!
Question I have. Those who have ordered from NewForce have you had any experiences of not receiving a preorder? I have never not received product when ordered from EE (though I pay slightly more). Any input on NewForce I would appreciate. Always willing to give someone a try.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 11:50 AM by TheBlackDog65 »
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 18, 2006, 12:19 AM »
Well, I'll probably give the worst report on Newforce of anyone here. 

Please remember though that I am in Canada.  I've dealt with Rick a lot in the past, all the way back into the POTJ era.  I've only rarely had an order cancelled and when I did, I was far from the only one.  Some people did receive their cases, but not very many and Rick is always very upfront about it.  As soon as he hears he will not get a fulfillment of an order, he tends to post it and email as well. 

My problems stem from missing out because he has to handle Canadian shipments differently and in the past seem to have slipped his mind.  This is not an isolated occurrence either, as many others have had the same scenario.  I took to emailing him reminders whenever I knew shipments were in, but often to no avail.  I eventually gave up on Newforce because Hasbro was seriously shafting them and then Rick's need of reminders for my shipments. 

To be fair Rick was usually dependable, shipping was always exact, no handling fee and he was a good guy via email.  That would be why I'm trying again with them, good customer service in general.  I have changed one thing in that I am getting them shipped to a buddy in the US and then having them forwarded up here.  It ends up costing me a bit, but I'm hoping I get treated as a regular US based customer meaning I can order and they show up. 

I think you'll find that Jeff and Scott have had good service from them in the past as well.  I think any problems Newforce may have in your case would stem from them getting screwed by Hasbro, something entirely out of their power.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 18, 2006, 08:21 AM »
I highly recommend New Force because I've purchased a lot of Star Trek and Simpsons figure cases from him since 2000.  I've never purchased Hasbro products from him but I imagine if there are problems it won't be his fault.