Author Topic: TSC Recent Acquisitions  (Read 286386 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: TSC Recent Purchases
« Reply #60 on: December 29, 2005, 01:34 PM »
I scored Bib with a Stormie holo the other night at Target.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 29, 2005, 02:09 PM »
Scored the entire first wave of TSC between Walmart and Target over the last few days.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 31, 2005, 09:11 PM »
Found Wave 1 at my local K-Mart today. I cast aside the holo figs, would have kept them if they were in neutral poses. My only complaint (so far) about this line.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Ithorian Clergy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Straight up rocket scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 1, 2006, 11:02 PM »
The new figures have turned up in WalMart and Target here.  The prices at Target are 6.99 and at Walmart 5.99.  I bought Bib, Leia Boushh and Han Carbonite but did not buy any of the repacks, and that will probably be my policy for the Saga figures.
If you vote for me all of your wildest dreams will come true.  Thank you.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 4, 2006, 04:03 PM »
So two waves are available now, Hoth and Carkoon?

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 4, 2006, 04:24 PM »
Only Carkoon I believe.

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 4, 2006, 05:42 PM »
hte hoth wave is available at a couple of online stores, but is way over priced. carkoon wave is the only wave available at retail stores right now.
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline JediShawn

• Youngling
  • Do or do not. There is no try.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 4, 2006, 07:58 PM »
The new figures have turned up in WalMart and Target here.  The prices at Target are 6.99 and at Walmart 5.99.  I bought Bib, Leia Boushh and Han Carbonite but did not buy any of the repacks, and that will probably be my policy for the Saga figures.

I may be a young and new collector, but I started with the Vintage Original Trilogy Collection so I am a bit spoiled, if you will, and I shall not be purchasing many repacks. The majority of the figures in the Power of the Force 2 line are simply not something I would like to have in my collection. I will buy some repacks on figures I missed out on in past lines that I like, but for the most part, I will only be buying the new sculpts.
"Look, a few minutes ago you said you didn't want to just wait here and be captured, now all you want to do is stay?"
"Marching into the detention area is not what I had in mind!"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 5, 2006, 03:36 PM »
Although I hadn't planned on stopping there (since it was bare yesterday), I did quick run into Wal-Mart after lunch today and happily found the figure pegs with something actually on them.  They had all the Carkoon wave aside from Barada (which I found there a week+ back), so I was able to pick up Han Solo (Carbonite) and Chewbacca.  I was half tempted to get the Boba Fett as well, but I hadn't originally planned on it and stuck to that.  One of the Fetts they had had the Fett holo as well, which made it a little more tempting.  At any rate, its nice to say that I'm caught up until the Hoth wave hits now.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 5, 2006, 05:49 PM »
Ughh, I still don't know what to do with this line once it hits here.

Half of me wants to buy them all and keep them carded like I did with the OTC line and the other half of me wants to just buy the "new" figures to open...

My better half wants me to do neither....

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #70 on: January 6, 2006, 03:43 AM »
I picked up Bib at WM tonight...  One of 3 Bibs and no other figures on the pegs.  At least I could pick out a reasonably non-horrific face paintjob.

I'm seeing some of the flaws people are up in arms (no pun) about with this figure.  It's far from perfect.  I'd give it a mediocre, and when compared to Meena Tills, Ask Aak, or Mas Ameda from last year this figure is a major letdown really. 

I won't say letdown for me personally but I see some of the points out there...  He's passable by my standards on figures like this, but yeah I can see how it could have easily have been done better for poseability and not lost much in looks.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 8, 2006, 01:10 PM »
FINALLY scored my first TSC figures yesterday. picked up most of the Carkoon wave except Barada  ;D

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 10, 2006, 08:18 AM »
I keep finding stashed Bib Fortunas at my WM.  I don't have it but I get that "Bust the stash and buy it" feeling when I see it.  I don't like it but it's SO tempting....  I think I have a problem.   My wife "knows" I have a problem w/ Star Wars addiction... :P

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2006, 03:23 PM »
Found much of the Hoth wave today at Wal-Mart.  I picked up Veers, Derlin, Gonk, Snowtrooper, and 2 AT-AT Drivers.  Very surprised to find them already (just got Carkoon last week), but I'm happy to have them.  I wonder if we'll continue to see them come out this quickly.

Offline mr director

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 11, 2006, 03:39 PM »
Picked up Bib Fortuna at WM, it was the only figure they had.  They have been waiting for new shipment to come in, which has now been 2 weeks.