Author Topic: TSC Recent Acquisitions  (Read 286385 times)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Re: TSC Recent Purchases
« Reply #135 on: February 4, 2006, 02:16 PM »
Picked up another At-At Driver. Now if I could just find another Hoth R2 Id be set.
I remember my dream now.

Offline exjedi

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • exjedi.com
« Reply #136 on: February 5, 2006, 11:09 PM »
Sounds like the Geo wave is showing up at a few Targets on the west coast...and I thought I spent a lot of money last year.  I may wind up spending twice as much at this pace.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 5, 2006, 11:34 PM »
Sounds like the Geo wave is showing up at a few Targets on the west coast...and I thought I spent a lot of money last year.  I may wind up spending twice as much at this pace.

Three waves in two months... damn.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 6, 2006, 10:28 AM »
I saw a report online (from Texas I believe) of the Geonosis wave being found at Target as well.  Just when I thought I was done looking for a bit :).  I picked up the last Hoth wave figure I wanted this weekend, when I found R2-D2 at Target.  They had the entire wave packed on the pegs, aside from the Vader, which I still haven't seen.  Not so sure I want it anyways, so I think I'm "caught up" for now...until the Geo wave starts showing up here.  It kind of hurt to pay that $6.99 price for a basic figure though, I had found the rest at Wal-Mart.  Oh well, happy to have the figure though.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 6, 2006, 03:49 PM »
Oooh, Geonosis wave 8)

Picked up four Hoth figures (in addition to the case I bought).  I snagged another couple of AT-AT drivers (is this just a repainted Saga Tie Pilot?), another Veers (armor on, armor off) and an extra Gonk droid. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #140 on: February 6, 2006, 03:51 PM »
I saw a report online (from Texas I believe) of the Geonosis wave being found at Target as well. 

Good grief!  I guess we should expect that since we are now in February and all and these seem to be coming out at a lighning pace, but dang my wallet needs a break (especially paying $7 a figure  :'().
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 6, 2006, 04:11 PM »
morgbug that's what i thought when i saw it online but it is different, not by much but enough for me to army build him. :)
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 6, 2006, 04:32 PM »
I saw a report online (from Texas I believe) of the Geonosis wave being found at Target as well. 

Good grief!  I guess we should expect that since we are now in February and all and these seem to be coming out at a lighning pace, but dang my wallet needs a break (especially paying $7 a figure  :'().

At this pace the Naboo wave should be out by April...

Offline Ithorian Clergy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Straight up rocket scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 7, 2006, 02:01 PM »
Oooh, Geonosis wave 8)

Picked up four Hoth figures (in addition to the case I bought).  I snagged another couple of AT-AT drivers (is this just a repainted Saga Tie Pilot?)

Nah, there are pretty big differences in the helmet sculpt particularly around the helmet eye lenses, and the poseability of the right arm at the elbows.

The TIE Pilot right arm cannot be straightened out and fully extended like the AT-AT Driver's.  Plus, the left arm is sculpted permanently straight with no joint on the TIE Pilot.

Looking at these 2 figures in my hand right now...I LOVED the TIE Pilot when it first came out, but now that I have the AT-AT Driver, it is light year's better.

« Last Edit: February 7, 2006, 02:05 PM by Ithorian Clergy »
If you vote for me all of your wildest dreams will come true.  Thank you.

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 8, 2006, 05:08 PM »
AT-AT Driver
Snowtrooper

Offline roguestormtrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 9, 2006, 03:37 AM »
I have all of the Carkoon wave and half of the Hoth wave.  Still need:

AT-AT Driver
R2-D2
Power Droid
Darth Vader

Now the Geonosis wave is out! :P

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 10, 2006, 01:54 PM »
Bought a set of the Geonosis wave for Jamie, 2 Clones and a Scorch for myself and a Scorch for my buddy today.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 10, 2006, 09:34 PM »
I finally scored a Power Droid/Treadwell Droid 2-Pack at Target. Expect a review soon. Target also had a Snowtrooper, 3-4 AT-AT Drivers, 3-4 General Veers, and a Battle Of Geonosis Yoda, proof that the BOG Wave had been there.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2006, 10:41 PM by HunterofThePegs »

Offline Spectre

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spirit Of Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 12, 2006, 12:04 AM »
This week I snagged Veers and 4 Gonk Droids/Treadwell Droids. The Hoth wave is here in abundance, having seen all of them in multiples for the past 2 weeks.  I only bought the 5 figures as I have no  interest in any of the others.

When the Geonosis wave hits, I only plan on getting Sora Bulq, Sun Fac, and a quartet of Republic Commandos (for customizing purposes, I'm not a Clone fan in the least but they'll make good base bodies for armored mercs ;) ).
Looking for EXCELLENT 1/18 scale weapons? Check out Marauder, Inc.
www.marauderinc.com/servlet/StoreFront

1 Stop Shopping For all Your Customs Needs:
www.goodtogocustoms.com

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 12, 2006, 08:20 AM »
Minnesota seems to be stuck between waves at the moment, but I did grab another AT AT driver and hoth gonk to add background pieces. It is tough to think about multiples at $7.00 each with the number of figures coming out.