Author Topic: TRU Exclusive Dagobah X-Wing  (Read 54577 times)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Classic Dagobah Vehicle with Figure
« Reply #30 on: June 2, 2006, 03:28 PM »
So..it doesn't show the creature? would like to know what it looks like since I've only seen it's back in the movie :-\

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #31 on: June 2, 2006, 03:30 PM »
Are there any EU references to this creature?  I have never seem a pic or drawing.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #32 on: June 2, 2006, 03:31 PM »
He's not lying.  I just saw that magazine today and the X-wing comes with Luke (in muscle shirt), R2, removeable swamp weeds and the swamp dragon.  The cover has Luke and R2 on the cover.

'Scum just confirmed it, too.

But, you guys don't want to click through over there, do you?  It's not like they have any pictures of it or anything up, anyway.

Lee's Reveals Exclusive X-Wing Fighter
Posted by Curto on June 2, 2006 at 01:55 PM CST:
Lee's Toy Review #164 has the first look at the upcoming Star Wars Classic Dagobah Vehicle with Figure. But this is not just a repaint of the SAGA Luke Skywalker's X-Wing Fighter (With R2-D2 Figure) from 2002. Oh no, there's a lot of cool stuff included with this baby.

1- X-Wing Fighter: Once again, this is based on the larger Luke's X-Wing Fighter mold. It's not cast in grey plastic like the old version. It's whiter and more detailed even though it's the same sculpt.

2- Dagobah swamp muck pieces. These are plastic pieces of swamp that can be put on or removed from the X-Wing to re-play the scenes from Dagobah or just use the X-Wing natually.

3- R2-D2. In the pictures, it was just a generic R2-D2 (like the VOTC version) with no accessories or muddy paint apps. I don't know if the released version will have mud.

4- Luke Skywalker (Dagobah) - a repaint of OTC Luke Dagobah. His face looks a little different, his outfit is a lighter color, and he has sweat marks on his tank top. His arms look the same as handstand arms, but he has normal hands (right hand outstretched) which looks like they are articulated. He comes with a lightsaber.

5- Dagobah creature. The one that ate R2 D2. Same color as in the movie. You can't tell how big it is because the picture isn't scaled next to anything. It has movable arms, maybe a bendy tail, and a small head so he can't eat anything.

There are no other accessories included like rocks or cargo crates.

Look for this set in September with a price tage of $44.99. Look for Lee's Toy Review #164 in comic stores, bookstores, and newsstands now.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 2, 2006, 03:39 PM »
As silly as it sounds, I'm slightly interested in this now.  If it comes with all of those pack ins, and they look somewhat nifty, I might have to pick this up.  The only X-Wing I have right now is the FX version, with Luke constantly in the cockpit, and while I like it - I wouldn't mind having an X-Wing with an empty cockpit.  The price is a little steep though, so we'll see, but it sounds better now than it did initially.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 2, 2006, 03:45 PM »
Damnit... this sounds AWESOME... I'll pick it up. 

:)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 2, 2006, 04:32 PM »
How can you NOT pick this one up?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 2, 2006, 04:36 PM »
Thanks for the pic ruiner.  I'll have to say, this one's got me hooked - I hope to pick it up :).  I didn't think I would when we first heard it announced, but the pics make it look pretty spiffy - and I like the Dagobah Luke, even though a SA would be better :P.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 2, 2006, 04:38 PM »
It's not really mine, but you're welcome.  Somebody may want to rehost it....and resize it!

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #38 on: June 2, 2006, 04:47 PM »
That swamp dragon better be to scale, or I'm not buying!

And there's that repainted Artoo on the new, superior astromech body again.  If they put that out in this expensive exclusive instead of the regular line. . .  Well, I don't know what would happen, but that would be a really ****** thing to do.

Thanks for putting the scan up, ruiner.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline JediShawn

• Youngling
  • Do or do not. There is no try.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 2, 2006, 05:04 PM »
"Look, a few minutes ago you said you didn't want to just wait here and be captured, now all you want to do is stay?"
"Marching into the detention area is not what I had in mind!"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 2, 2006, 05:20 PM »
Alrighty, now THIS is an awesome exclusive... I wonder if the Endor AT-AT can compare to this upgrade?

The swamp monster looks fantastic, so does Luke... and the removable swamp weeds!

:)

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
Re: TRU Exclusive Dagobah X-Wing
« Reply #41 on: June 2, 2006, 06:33 PM »
YAY!These all look great & I hope this is the R4-G9 re-paint R2 we've been waiting for! ;D
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 2, 2006, 06:50 PM »
Holy Hell that looks freaking fantastic!  Nice job Hasbro. 

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #43 on: June 2, 2006, 07:04 PM »
I was going to pass before, but I certainly can't now.

I sure had a few good surprises waiting for me when I got home from work today. :)
« Last Edit: June 2, 2006, 07:05 PM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #44 on: June 2, 2006, 07:33 PM »
Ok, so i had no interest in this at all, and now...well that has changed. I am extremely excited about this. This is an incredible exclusive. I cannot wait to get my hands on this one.  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"