Author Topic: TRU Exclusive Dagobah X-Wing  (Read 54580 times)

Offline Mitsukara

• Jedi Initiate
  • Casual/Poor Collector and Customizer
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Classic Dagobah Vehicle with Figure
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2006, 08:29 PM »
They should make an X-Wing with seperate sets of stickers you could attach to personalize it... but they're not going to.

For those confused about what Luke X-Wing is what, I'm familiar with 4 1/2 varieties:

Vintage Luke X-Wing - basic, but out of scale, not bad and it should fit every pilot Luke I know of okay (including Buff Pilot Luke)

POTF2 Original X-Wing (reprint of the vintage with new paint and stickers)

POTF2 Electronic FX X-Wing (lots of lights, sounds- effects and dialogue- and a built-in but decently sculpted Luke head and shoulders)

Saga Dagobah X-Wing (accurate in scale, very black-looking thrusters, some features and a working cockpit with a little hatch behind the seat, came with a filthy sludge-covered green R2D2 and some gear that was recently reprinted with TSC Hoth R2D2)

OTC X-Wing - sadly a reprint of the original POTF2, even though the OTC had an improved Falcon... ???

If they were to make a new Luke X-Wing at this point I'd guess it'd be the Dagobah X-Wing or a retooled version of this Red Leader X-Wing that was made. And if it's a "Classic Dagobah Vehicle" it's nearly a sure bet to be a straight reprint of the Saga one, maybe with new stuff thrown in (new R2 and/or Pilot Luke)

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2006, 09:16 PM »
Pass, with a capital P
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Sentinel

• Jedi Initiate
  • Show No Mercy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2006, 11:00 PM »
Pass, with a capital P

If I don't see a pic soon, I might have to pass, but I already might...
"Patriotism is the willingness to kill and be killed for trivial reasons."

-Betrand Russel

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2006, 08:34 AM »
They should make an X-Wing with seperate sets of stickers you could attach to personalize it... but they're not going to.

For those confused about what Luke X-Wing is what, I'm familiar with 4 1/2 varieties:

Vintage Luke X-Wing - basic, but out of scale, not bad and it should fit every pilot Luke I know of okay (including Buff Pilot Luke)

POTF2 Original X-Wing (reprint of the vintage with new paint and stickers)

POTF2 Electronic FX X-Wing (lots of lights, sounds- effects and dialogue- and a built-in but decently sculpted Luke head and shoulders)

Saga Dagobah X-Wing (accurate in scale, very black-looking thrusters, some features and a working cockpit with a little hatch behind the seat, came with a filthy sludge-covered green R2D2 and some gear that was recently reprinted with TSC Hoth R2D2)

OTC X-Wing - sadly a reprint of the original POTF2, even though the OTC had an improved Falcon... ???

If they were to make a new Luke X-Wing at this point I'd guess it'd be the Dagobah X-Wing or a retooled version of this Red Leader X-Wing that was made. And if it's a "Classic Dagobah Vehicle" it's nearly a sure bet to be a straight reprint of the Saga one, maybe with new stuff thrown in (new R2 and/or Pilot Luke)

So is the POTF2 version (the cool one with sounds and Luke molded in), the same version as the Saga version?

Offline Mitsukara

• Jedi Initiate
  • Casual/Poor Collector and Customizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2006, 03:41 PM »
The Saga one seems to be a modified version of the FX sculpt, with the lights and effects removed, a totally redone cockpit, and a nice little droid socket (many astromech droids fit in it, including VOTC R2D2 I believe) among maybe some other things I'm forgetting.

Pictures from rebelscum:
POTF2 Electronic FX X-Wing
Saga Dagobah X-Wing

The photo archives pages for these, also on scum:

Electronic FX
Saga

And a nice review of the Saga X-Wing, which also compares it to the Electronic FX in some ways and even has a comparison shot:
http://starwars.carrotnetwork.com/reviews/sagavehicles/xwing/index.html
(Actually, this site has a lot of good reviews, and it and JD are my favorite sources for such things)

This is where all my information comes from, because the only X-Wing I own so far is the original POTF2... >.<
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 03:48 PM by Mitsukara »

Offline Kit

• Jedi Initiate
  • "I want more clones and I know I shouldn't."
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2006, 04:40 PM »

I would be down for the version mentioned above.  By now, we have updated versions of dagobah luke, yoda, obi/spirit and R2.  How about a "updated dagobah playset" to go with all our new toys.  "Hasbro, are you listening?"

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2006, 10:33 PM »

I would be down for the version mentioned above.  By now, we have updated versions of dagobah luke, yoda, obi/spirit and R2.  How about a "updated dagobah playset" to go with all our new toys.  "Hasbro, are you listening?"
/quote]

I am for that, though the vintage playset has its good points aside from the decomposing quicksand. Ironic for a swamp?

I really, really want an updated Luke in pilot outfit with Hoth/Dagobah boots and removable/replacable gloves. The damn VSTC doesn't cut it with the uneven pant legs
« Last Edit: May 25, 2006, 10:38 PM by Clone Hunter »
My trade thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10408.0
Email is your best bet to contact me.

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2006, 10:34 PM »
Wake up everyone, it's just a dream...

::)
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2006, 08:36 AM »

/quote]

I am for that, though the vintage playset has its good points aside from the decomposing quicksand. Ironic for a swamp?

I really, really want an updated Luke in pilot outfit with Hoth/Dagobah boots and removable/replacable gloves. The damn VSTC doesn't cut it with the uneven pant legs

Ya gotta remember that the VTSC Luke is an homage to the ANH X-wing outfit.... remember he didn't exaclty have time to get a suit tailor-made for him before he had to go blow up the Death Star!

"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2006, 07:43 PM »

Ya gotta remember that the VTSC Luke is an homage to the ANH X-wing outfit.... remember he didn't exaclty have time to get a suit tailor-made for him before he had to go blow up the Death Star!

No, it is the little cartridge band on one leg that irks me. If they were at least even, I could transplant boots to the legs.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 07:43 PM by Clone Hunter »

Offline JediShawn

• Youngling
  • Do or do not. There is no try.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2006, 11:37 AM »
Does anyone have the latest issue of Lee's Toy Review? Someone from that other site is claiming that the Dagobah X-Wing is in that magazine and it comes with the creature that "ate" R2-D2 and Dagobah Luke from 2004, and other things.

I am sure he is lying, but if anybody could confirm this, that would be great.
"Look, a few minutes ago you said you didn't want to just wait here and be captured, now all you want to do is stay?"
"Marching into the detention area is not what I had in mind!"

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2006, 11:46 AM »
I just looked through # 163, and I didn't see it.

Offline JediShawn

• Youngling
  • Do or do not. There is no try.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2006, 05:20 PM »
Are you sure you didn't miss it?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 05:21 PM by JediShawn »
"Look, a few minutes ago you said you didn't want to just wait here and be captured, now all you want to do is stay?"
"Marching into the detention area is not what I had in mind!"

Offline Word_Weaver

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama! (Woah, that's what I was gonna put!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2006, 08:42 PM »
If it's still around in October at a reasonable price ($30 is fine) I'll grab one to go with my pilot Luke. If it's more than $30, i'll wait for the next Gunship release.  ;)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 2, 2006, 03:20 PM »
Does anyone have the latest issue of Lee's Toy Review? Someone from that other site is claiming that the Dagobah X-Wing is in that magazine and it comes with the creature that "ate" R2-D2 and Dagobah Luke from 2004, and other things.

I am sure he is lying, but if anybody could confirm this, that would be great.

He's not lying.  I just saw that magazine today and the X-wing comes with Luke (in muscle shirt), R2, removeable swamp weeds and the swamp dragon.  The cover has Luke and R2 on the cover.
Common sense isn't so common