Author Topic: TRU Exclusive Dagobah X-Wing  (Read 54645 times)

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: TRU Exclusive Dagobah X-Wing
« Reply #105 on: August 11, 2006, 12:48 PM »

1-Does this X-Wing still have the storage compartment behind the pilot seat like the 2002 version?

2-How long does it usually take TRU.com to ship out preordered exclusives?  I know that the Amazon days were a complete disaster in these cases (I was one of the ROTS wave 2 Unleashed victims), but I didn't know if now that the Endor AT-AT had started showing up in stores (and subsequently the Dagobah X-Wing) if TRU.com was shipping them out at the same time, or if there was a delay or what.

1 - Yes it does. That was a concern of mine before I saw it.

2 - You'll be lucky to actually get it from them. I hate to say it but I have NEVER had a successful preorder with TRU/Amazon.com. You'll have better luck in the stores and luck doesn't really even have to play a part with a little dedication. TRU seems to be one of the only places that has no problem holding SW toys (at least in my area). If you're working, hunt by phone ;D.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 11, 2006, 11:26 PM »
Four of these were found at the TRU near my house. I REALLY want to go snag one, but I don't have enough cash at the moment.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 12, 2006, 01:21 AM »
Big Box..

That's all I'm going to say about this thing...
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 12, 2006, 11:39 AM »
I may get it for the junk and sell the ship then but I really wish this little stuff wasn't packed in with ships.  It's frustrating when that's all you want out of it.

I know what you mean, and I definitely know you understand why Hasbro does this!  Imagine how many fewer they would sell if it was the ship only.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 12, 2006, 09:43 PM »
I found one thanks to a tip from Jedijaybird, and I love it!  ;D

I know I already have x wings, but if this is the last one they make, I will be fine with it as THE X wing. I know they can be made better, but for what it is (a prop for the figure line) this set up is excellent. The muck and swamp monster are great pack-ins.  :)

My dagobah playset from 1981 arrived Thursday. Now I can paint that thing up decent, and put it with this ship. Looks like I'll have to come up with a dagobah background and try to get another poster from Jay!    ;)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 12, 2006, 11:05 PM »
So rank the X-wings for me, somebody.  I'm planning on reducing my collection by a bit and I may only want to keep one or maybe two of these.  I have them all, up to the recent Dagobah version, which has not arrived in the frozen north just yet. 

I do have the Costco OTC Tie/X-wing set and have unloaded the loose version (1st POTF2) I had but still have a few left (POTF2, Red Leader, more recent Luke's). 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 12, 2006, 11:28 PM »
Going without having the 2006 Dagobah version in my collection, here's how I'd rank them:

1-1998 Luke's Red-5 X-Wing Fighter (with the electronics)
2-2002 Dagobah Luke's X-Wing Fighter (the blackened engine version with R2-D2, although I'm sure it's surpassed by the new version)
3-2004 Red Leader X-Wing (just because it's the bigger sculpt)
4-Every other X-Wing Fighter based on the vintage mold

I think that the best X-Wings, sculpt-wise, are definitely the ones based on the 1998 FX mold, and that one is still my favorite due to the electronics and sounds.  The Dagobah 2002 version is really good and would have been the second best had the new one not come with all the swamp muck all over it.  I was reading somewhere (possibly this thread) that the deco on the new one is painted rather than being stickers this time around.  Can anyone confirm that?

So, um, yeah, Morgbug, I'd say to still stick with the 1998 FX X-Wing, although that is just my opinion.   :)

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 13, 2006, 09:27 AM »
Well, I can give you the lowdown on the new one at least.

The markings on the ship are all painted, no stickers to peel.

The muck all comes off, making the ship look clean with a few "weathered" paint aps.

The storage behind his seat is still there.

The dragonsnake qualifies as an action figure- it has articulation at the shoulders, neck,  and a tail that is hinged so it can "swim." In 2006 this almost qualifies as "super aticulated"  ;)

Luke has 8: shoulders, neck, wrists, waist, and legs.

I like electronics, but the voice sounds on the 1998 version left something to be desired in my book. I would put this at the top, and say that this, the re-done falcon, and the OTC Slave 1 all will work for me as the definitive "toy" version of those ships.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 13, 2006, 11:40 AM »
I can't get over how cool this looks in person. I guess presentation does go a long way.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 13, 2006, 12:39 PM »
I really want to buy this and set up my old vintage Dagobah playset by it.  Then of course bust out the Dagobah themed figures like OTC Yoda, Kenobi, and R2-D2 and the POTJ Vader with Luke face reveal.  I just don't really have any place to put it though.  Kickass looking presentation with the mud and all. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 14, 2006, 09:00 AM »
I picked this up on Friday, and I really like it as well.  I haven't opened it up yet, but plan to when I figure out where to put it.  It really does look nice in the (huge) box though, nice presentation.  I'm hoping to pick up the vintage Dagobah playset on ebay eventually to and create some sort of set up with the OTC figures, this X-wing, and that.  I always thought that would be one of the playsets they could re-release from the vintage line, at a fairly low pricepoint, and be successful.

Offline Kit

• Jedi Initiate
  • "I want more clones and I know I shouldn't."
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 15, 2006, 03:14 AM »
The packaging on this reminds me of the OTC Slave 1.  This is one of those vehicles that looks good just sitting inside the box.  I'm hoping to track down another one for my "loose" collection and set it with my dagobah diorama and then continue to "dream" about a "new dagobah playset".  :P

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 15, 2006, 07:39 AM »
Boy folks, don't wait for Hasbro to remake the dagobah playset- go grab one!
I got mine for 11.00, and it was complete with the box  :). Sure the box looked rough, but 11.00 is less than Hasbro can sell it for, and it is so cheap I don't mind custom painting it.  I might pick up a second just to have more props-

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #118 on: August 15, 2006, 07:55 AM »
How is the foam on the playset, is it intact? As you might know it breaks down pretty bad over time and when you touch it, it feels moist like the consistency of a Hostess Cupcake.

Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 15, 2006, 10:11 AM »
I called TRU on Saturday to find out if they had any X-Wings (this store is about 30 mins away), and they had 3.  The associate asked me if I wanted one held, and thought, "nah, for $45 this won't move too fast."  I went the next day, and they were all gone.  Goddamit!!  All I had to say was, "sure, hold one for me!"
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke