Author Topic: Anyone into costumes? Advice?  (Read 2884 times)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Anyone into costumes? Advice?
« on: May 2, 2006, 11:55 AM »
With Halloween going to be here before we know it, I am going to attempt what I failed last year.  Putting together a costume somewhat cheap.  I looked at different armor; Imperial, Clone and Fett but determined that route to expensive.  Aside from taking the kids out, we usually go to a party that we never dress up and feel out of place. 

I most likey will put together some sort of Jedi outfit due to cost restraints.  Anyone have good advice, contacts or sites that offer items?  I need to space this out and not buy everything up front to save on cash.  Plus I cant sow.

Looking at different sites, ebay, etc; it looks like boots are the real high price item.  Anakins Jedi Temple outfit is something I am leaning towards but it does not have to be 100% accurate.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 12:44 PM by Jim »

Offline kirk_dougall

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • http://www.generationxmodels.co.uk
Re: Anyone into costume? Advice?
« Reply #1 on: May 2, 2006, 01:35 PM »
I just put together an almost complete Boba Fett costume which is displayed on a mannequin, I'd say the costume probably cost around $450, theres some pics of it in my topic about the 1:1 Scale yoda and boba fett within this section.
If you can afford something like that it really does look great I havent actually worn it myself but it looks great on a the mannequin.

A good site for boots seems to be http://caboots.zoovy.com/category/d/

I have seen some riding boots on Ebay too which look just like jedi boots and are advertised as looking like them, search for "jedi boots" there usually around $25-$35.
Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: May 2, 2006, 01:40 PM by kirk_dougall »
http://www.generationxmodels.co.uk
U.K Stockist of Sideshow, Gentle Giant, Master Replicas and Kotobukiya.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 3, 2006, 11:23 PM »
Anakins Jedi Temple outfit is something I am leaning towards but it does not have to be 100% accurate.

That is a major factor right there...

I purchased a Jedi outfit last year on ebay for about $35, plus about $10 shipping from China, just because it wasn't any particular Jedi. The costume itself is great... great quality, looks really good. I think it's actually just some kind of kung-fu type clothing, but it's definitely in the "Jedi" style. I had a robe/cape from another costume I wore a few years ago, so all I have left to get is the belt and some boots.

I'll see if I can dig up the name of the seller I bought my outfit from.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 3, 2006, 11:27 PM »
Here's the seller's e-store on ebay:

Pan-in-the-box

His BIN prices are a little high, but you can usually get a good deal if you wait out an auction. Just don't outbid me on the belt and boots that I need for mine  ;)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: May 4, 2006, 01:20 AM »
I want to have an Imperial Officer costume but god damned if I can find a pattern to make it.  Everyone says, "get this CW costume and modify it", and while I respect that opinion I'm not a seamstress and am not good at altering anything...  Much less a pattern.

I was wanting it for C3 actually just because I thought it'd be a remotely comfortable costume to wear at the show just for ***** and giggles, but alas I didn't get one done.  Doubt I will any time soon either. :(  Tough getting help making one I've found.  You'd think somewhere online there'd be a full pattern for it, but you'd be wrong...  as far as I know anyway.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone into costuming? Advice?
« Reply #5 on: May 4, 2006, 08:13 PM »
Here's the seller's e-store on ebay:

Pan-in-the-box

His BIN prices are a little high, but you can usually get a good deal if you wait out an auction. Just don't outbid me on the belt and boots that I need for mine  ;)

Dave, I actually went with this guy guy for the whole kit and kaboodle.  I made offers on:

Boots
Belt
Robe and the current Anakin Costume

He accepted.  Hopefully the quality is at least passible.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 08:33 AM by Jim »

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 4, 2006, 10:29 PM »
Jim, the costume I got from him last year was actually pretty good quality. Like I said, I don't think the clothes are actually "costume" clothing, if you know what I mean. They are some kind of karate uniform or something, actually well made.