Author Topic: "Original" Orginal Trilogy on DVD!  (Read 47531 times)

Offline Darth Gamboa

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Aren't you a little fat to be a stormtrooper?"
    • View Profile
Re: Holy Trilogy on DVD!
« Reply #150 on: September 11, 2006, 03:30 PM »
Circuit City probably has the best deal; $14.99 with free lithograph.
...of the Fifth Southside Tactical Marching Squadron

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 12, 2006, 09:33 AM »
I'm passing on the new releases as well.

I know I waited until the very last minute (last night,) but I finally talked with my contact who could NOT confirm that next years release will contain the 'anamorphic' cleaned up transfers. He only had the same info as released on Digital-Bits. However, given 9 more DVD releases, I think it's a safe bet that one of them is going to be the anamorphic cleaned-up transfer. Until then, I'll just get someone else to make me a copy from the Laserdisc which will be the same thing we're getting today.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Gamboa

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 12, 2006, 10:21 AM »
I just picked mine up at Wal-Mart, they sell them with or without the graphic novels, for the same price. Picked up the DVD figure sets too.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 12, 2006, 07:02 PM »
I picked up the collectors tin at Best Buy, they were moving pretty good from what the teller told me.

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #154 on: September 12, 2006, 11:01 PM »
What does the tin cost?

You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 12, 2006, 11:06 PM »
What does the tin cost?

Too much IMO.  $59.99 I believe.

These things were rotting at Target and WM.  Looks like the ROTJ DVD was a bit more popular at Target as there were 2-3 copies taken from the new release stands.  Otherwise it was chalked full at both stores (unless both stores restocked this evening.)  I could care less about a tin, lithographs, or comics so I'm going to wait as I bought the original set last year of which I'm very satisfied with.  I'm glad that my OCD doesn't extend to my DVD collecting habits.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 12, 2006, 11:08 PM »
Yeah, cheaper in the US than up here in Canada.  >:(

2006 DVD Releases Thread

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #157 on: September 13, 2006, 03:38 AM »
I picked up the collectors tin at Best Buy, they were moving pretty good from what the teller told me.

Me too.  I figured if I'm going to be buying all of Hasbro's 4" collectible tin sets next year, I guess I better have this tin to keep the "set" complete...  ::)  Not to mention, I already have the (Target) concept art, and the original (WM) comics, and didn't really want the (CC) lithographs, so I figured the Best Buy set was the way to go, despite the $60 tag.  I suppose the fact that I had a ****load of store credit there helped, since it essentially made this package free for me.

I also wasn't going to take the risk of the originals not getting re-released again in the future, so I figured I'd just bite the bullet and nab 'em now, just in case.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 13, 2006, 09:39 AM »
I just bought each of the Limited Edition with Graphic Novels at Wal-Mart for $13.99 each.  I wasn't going to buy them but I just couldn't pass the price up.

Offline Darth Gamboa

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 13, 2006, 10:19 AM »
I watched the unaltered version last night, and it looked  fine to me. It was refreshing watching this movie without the distraction of the elements added to the SE.

Offline Darth Depressis

• Jedi Padawan
  • i've never seen garbage eat garbage before
    • View Profile
    • http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Darth_Depressis
« Reply #160 on: September 13, 2006, 11:18 AM »
i will never understand the need to have these versions on dvd, but atleast you guys can quit whining about it. if anything i can be extremely pleased to not ever haft to see a message board devoted to complaining about "improvements" made to films that diden't age very well. well atleast you guys finnally got your way, if anything thats great.

but one quick question, what will be the future gimmick for rehashing the films on dvd? first time on hd dvd, then you guys haft to whine for the unaltered trilogy on hd, then another format? or will there be a prequel trilogy special edtion to create the new wanted unaltered hd versions? much like the action figures rehashing became sad long ago, any thoughts?

Offline Darth Gamboa

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 13, 2006, 01:05 PM »
i will never understand the need to have these versions on dvd, but atleast you guys can quit whining about it. if anything i can be extremely pleased to not ever haft to see a message board devoted to complaining about "improvements" made to films that diden't age very well. well atleast you guys finnally got your way, if anything thats great.

but one quick question, what will be the future gimmick for rehashing the films on dvd? first time on hd dvd, then you guys haft to whine for the unaltered trilogy on hd, then another format? or will there be a prequel trilogy special edtion to create the new wanted unaltered hd versions? much like the action figures rehashing became sad long ago, any thoughts?

Oh believe me I'll find more things to whine about, but the good news is reading those comments are optional. The fact is, for me, the DVD format is the best way to watch and store movies, and I've been looking forward to my favorite movies, the way I originally enjoyed them, on this format for years.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #162 on: September 13, 2006, 02:56 PM »
but one quick question, what will be the future gimmick for rehashing the films on dvd?

The next gimmick will be getting the entire Saga of all 6 films in one complete boxset, probably with a few more digital upgrades here and there (like CG Yoda in TPM).

Gimmick after that, will be going to HD DVD.

After that, more CG changes.

Etc.

Glad to hear you're going to finally find some peace of mind when perusing the message boards though.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 13, 2006, 09:22 PM »
i will never understand the need to have these versions on dvd, but atleast you guys can quit whining about it.

No whining here, just discussion.  But I was always 'whine' about schmucks that don't respect that discussion.  ::)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 14, 2006, 09:42 AM »
Has anyone watched these on a 16x9 TV yet? I know they're not anamorphic transfers, but for some reason, Sansweet insisted at Comic Con that they will still fit 16x9 TV's without bars on the sides. ??? I wanted to see if he was just blowing smoke.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."