Author Topic: Tips for Fixing Scorch/RC Legs  (Read 9593 times)

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
Re: scorches leg swap?
« Reply #15 on: April 8, 2006, 01:10 PM »
Hi, not sure if this has been exposed or not (didn't see in any of the recent threads). So if someone else has put this out there, please excuse my babbling:

Recently, I found myself buying a Darth Vader for custumizing purposes (something I never thought I'd do). I figured that I'd only be able to use him for the one part I needed, and that all the rest would go into the fodder bin. So, I took him home and boiled & popped to sepparate the parts. And low and behold, I found a 2nd use for the 500th/Saga Vader!

Them's some fine lookin' knees in my opinion! Just though it might be worth sharing  :)
« Last Edit: April 8, 2006, 01:13 PM by PenDragon »

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 8, 2006, 04:23 PM »
WHEN I get mine I plan on cutting away the commando's legs under the knee, then boil and poppin' out the lower leg of the clone, and then drilling a hole in the "peg of a leg" schorch has then so I can fit the SA's lower leg into it.

You know I never thought of that, Its an excellent idea. Definately worthy of exploiting.  ;D I want to see this when youre done.

As far as doing my own squad, I would love to. Its just finding these little buggers thats the problem. So far Ive only found the one. BUt to be fair seeing as how these particular figs are doing so well, hopefully Hasbro will get a clue and make the whole set.
« Last Edit: April 8, 2006, 04:26 PM by Darth_Ennis »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 8, 2006, 04:29 PM »
Hi, not sure if this has been exposed or not (didn't see in any of the recent threads). So if someone else has put this out there, please excuse my babbling:

Recently, I found myself buying a Darth Vader for custumizing purposes (something I never thought I'd do). I figured that I'd only be able to use him for the one part I needed, and that all the rest would go into the fodder bin. So, I took him home and boiled & popped to sepparate the parts. And low and behold, I found a 2nd use for the 500th/Saga Vader!

Them's some fine lookin' knees in my opinion! Just though it might be worth sharing  :)

Wow, very cool!  Thanks for the heads up.   :)

:)

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Scorch leg swap
« Reply #18 on: May 4, 2006, 11:32 AM »
I finally got a Scorch last night, and he's a really cool figure...except for the legs. Has anyone here done a leg swap with a SA clone? Does it work out alright? How difficult is it?
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Scorch leg swap
« Reply #19 on: May 4, 2006, 11:57 AM »
It's a pretty easy leg swap Lando.  I did it in a different take on a Commando - using SA legs and the Scorch torso.  I can't remember if I had to do any peg trimming, but if I did it was minimal.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Scorch leg swap
« Reply #20 on: May 4, 2006, 11:59 AM »
I finally got a Scorch last night, and he's a really cool figure...except for the legs. Has anyone here done a leg swap with a SA clone? Does it work out alright? How difficult is it?

I merged this one into the existing thread since, well it has the exact same title and the answers you seek...  ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Errex

• Youngling
  • Gra'tua Cuun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 4, 2006, 01:13 PM »

That looks awesome, Chewie. I can totally see it as a Katarn MkIII armor. Maybe it'd need the t-visor painted blue as in the original Scorch?. I think that's suppossed to be one of the trademarks of the Katarn suits of armor...

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #22 on: May 4, 2006, 02:02 PM »
Awesome!!! Thanks CHEWIE!  ;D ;D ;D
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 4, 2006, 03:19 PM »
That is a cool idea, to maybe tint that visor a bit...

Also Lando no problem, let's see some pics of that Jabba's Palace you've been working on!   ;)

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 4, 2006, 03:32 PM »
The SA legs switch out pretty easily with a simple boil and pop. I don't remember having to do any dremmeling.

I think the hardest part was the painting. Unfortunately, Scorch's legs do not swap out onto the poor donor clones body very well at all.

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
Reattaching Scorch's legs
« Reply #25 on: October 1, 2006, 05:18 AM »
I'm having a hard time getting the leg peg back into the pelvis hole.   :-[  I tried a ffurg suggestion and cut little V notches in the peg, but now I'm nursing a deep gash in my thumb....woe is me.

Should I split the pelvis piece?  Boil the thing longer?  Use a certain tool to cram it back? 

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
Re: Reattaching Scorch's legs
« Reply #26 on: October 1, 2006, 11:50 AM »
 just trim the cirlce of the peg a bit, a tiny sliver of it is all it will take

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 1, 2006, 01:18 PM »
Set him up with a pair of droidekas featuring smoking twin laser barrels trained on Scorch's bloody pelvic stump, where the thigh used to attach.

Post pictures.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline stormtripper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 1, 2006, 01:46 PM »
have you boiled the legs to soften them before you have tired to re-attach them to the pelvis?

Offline Talon_Karrde

• Jedi Initiate
  • NO! This one goes here; and that one goes here.
    • View Profile
articulating RC Legs
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2007, 11:56 AM »
Man it has been a while since i posted in this section; i see everyone has been hard at work with numerous wonderful creations.  I wish i had more time on my hands.

I need some help articulating the legs of a scorch fig.  I want to do the knees and ankles, with out having to do any sculpting.

Any help would be most appreciated

thnx
This is my avatar. Talon Karrde