Author Topic: New Han and Luke - Stormtrooper Style  (Read 3868 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
New Han and Luke - Stormtrooper Style
« on: May 16, 2003, 12:15 AM »
Anyone else want to see new SAGA versions of these?  The Trash Compactor versions are pretty useless outside that scene, and the POTF2 versions are a tad stale and outdated, so why not new ones?

Think about it, a great Han similar to perhaps the POTJ Sandtrooper pose with wrist articulation, and a shorter Stormtrooper outfit for Luke.  Both would have removable helmets of course, as well as the standard Stormie blasters and rifles.

These would also be awesome for army-builders, just throw the helmets on and increase your Imperial ranks.

Personally I am surprised that Hasbro hasn't released at least one of these lately, they would be surefire sellers.  Anyone not want these to be made?  

It would also be cool if they decided to do this as a Screen Scene, with perhaps an all new 3PO (deluxe sculpt) in the Death Star control room they are in after Ben leaves.  3PO could even be handing Luke the binders to put on Chewbacca, and Han is sitting back on chair with his feet up on the computer. ;)

:P

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re: New Han and Luke - Stormtrooper Style
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2003, 12:44 AM »
I would buy them, but only if I felt like they could pass as Stormtrooper army builders... My POTF2 Stormy Disguised figures are manning the more visible parts of my Death Star station, so I'd be fine with getting more.
If Hasbro can't make then decent passable army builders, then I say more new figures first.  :-\

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2003, 04:06 AM »
It would also be cool if they decided to do this as a Screen Scene, with perhaps an all new 3PO (deluxe sculpt) in the Death Star control room they are in after Ben leaves.  3PO could even be handing Luke the binders to put on Chewbacca, and Han is sitting back on chair with his feet up on the computer. ;)

That sounds like an excellent idea CHEWIE!  I've always wanted that Control Rool as soom type of small playset or something to that effect.

As for the Luke and Han Stormie resculpts - yeah, I'd definitely go for them!  The POTF2 versions are outdated, and especially too "buffed" out, and the Trash set ones are too dirty and  scene specific.  A nice neutral and clean Stormtrooper version of both of these guys is definitely warranted.  Preferably in a slightly different pose (or even better, with more articulation) than any previous version, just to set them apart when they're used as army builders.  A slightly shorter Luke Stormie (than Han) would be very cool as well, but also very doutbful...

But as always, I'd much more prefer all new figures of some more OT background characters that have never made it into plastic status yet!   :)

Offline Jedirhino

• Jedi Initiate
  • The party's over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2003, 07:07 AM »
I thought that there was supposedly going to be a 4th anniversary set with R2 and 3PO in the Death Star Control Room...but that probably washed seeing that there still floating around at some places...but to have the Han and Luke Stormie to add to a diorama would be sweet!

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2003, 09:05 AM »
If the figures are movie-accurate, Luke wouldn't make a very good army builder since he's pretty short for a stormtrooper.  :P

I'm afraid if these were offered as yet another screen scene, they'd be in poses as dedicated to said scene as the Trash Compactor sets. The last thing I want is a Han that only looks good with his feet on an Imperial console. It might as well be a PVC.

We'd be better off with individually carded figures if we're really interested in both authenticity and army-builder appeal. Han could use a new, definitive Stormtrooper sculpt with oodles of articulation, removeable helmet, blaster and binders. Luke could come with similar articulation, removeable helmet, blaster, and commlink. Give either one of these guys a SCALE mouse droid and I'm tickled pink.

I'm all for an Imperial ante room, but I'd prefer a screen scene with Artoo plugging into the Imperial network while Threepio nervously confronts a snooping Stormtrooper.
Post sober.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2003, 10:02 AM »
I am all for a new version of both.  I didn't like the trash compactor scenes (I know Luke had wet hair but he had no eyes, at least in the ones around here).

I'd rather have them sold on a card per the way MisterPL described or sold as a cinema scene three pack along with a new hoodless Ben.  Top that off with the ability to actual FIND them and I'd be a happy camper!!
Beth

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2003, 10:35 AM »
Gee Chewy, you're recycling some golden oldies from the Rebelscum boards!

I think these figures are going to come in time.  As we keep on getting better revisions of the core characters, we're sure to get newer Stormtrooper versions of Han & Luke.  I think it's mainly a matter of when, rather than if.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline krisvds

• Jedi Initiate
  • VLPS
    • View Profile
    • VLPS
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2003, 10:53 AM »
I thought that there was supposedly going to be a 4th anniversary set with R2 and 3PO in the Death Star Control Room...but that probably washed seeing that there still floating around at some places...but to have the Han and Luke Stormie to add to a diorama would be sweet!

now, R2 and 3PO !!!

That is a GREAT idea !!!!!!!!!!

as long as they are

C-3PO
  • Super Shiney
  • Lot's Of Articulation (hidden articulation that works wel)
  • A good Paint Job (not easy to rub off)
  • Dead on likeness
  • those wires are not painted, but sculpted...
  • Eyes are done well
R2-D2
  • Retracteble 3° legg
  • Turneble dome
  • A very good Paint Job
  • Dead on likeness
  • Wheels under feet
  • Acurate dome color
  • Maybe opening hatches with tools (only if it does not affect the look of R2
So, that's a 2 pack I want !!!  ;D

And I think I want 3 of those ;)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2003, 01:21 PM »
You guys have some great ideas on how to do these.  Regular carded versions would be awesome, especially if they had oodles of articulation.

As for the control room, I like MR PL's idea with R2, 3PO and a snooping Stormtrooper.  Maybe they could even have it looking like he is hitting his head on the doorway! ;D

I also kinda like the Han, Luke and Kenobi or 3PO idea, provided that Han and Luke had great articulation.  I've always liked that scene where Han kicks his feet up (shows his personality well) and think it would be a pretty cool Screen Scene.  But I wouldn't want them to be stuck in certain positions, they need good articulation.

:P

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2003, 01:54 PM »
If you think about the way the GI Joe bodies ar built, we could actually have a Han with his feet up on the control console because the one I have in my hand sits quite well in that pose (ankles crossed) and stands good too (of course this one is held together by a rubberband inside his body and not the original black band since it broke so he is a little "looser" than the norm).

The more I think about this idea, the more I like it EXCEPT make sure the figures have all the articulation mentioned above and a good face sculpt.  I might even break my buy-only-one rule and go for two  ;) .

Beth

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2003, 02:15 PM »
I agree that if Hasbro puts out new Luke and Han Stormtroopers that they should definitely be carded.  Hasbro tends to take some liberties when it comes to the Cinema Scenes, Screen Scenes, 2-packs, or whatever.  Whether it's a very scene specific look or pose, or less that standard sculpting.  Put them on a card, and I'm sure they'll come out quite nice!

But I do like some of these control room ideas, regardless of which figures would come with it.  Not sure why, but this particular scene in ANH was just pretty important or memorable for me.  I'd love to be able to recreate it in a nice diorama.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2003, 02:29 PM »
New sculpts of Han and Luke in Stormtrooper disguise would be awesome, and so would a cinema scene of them in the Death Star control room.

GREAT IDEA!!!  Now if Hasbro could just take that idea and run with it.
dustrho

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2003, 02:40 PM »
Great ideas coming out here. I completely agree on the new sculpts. I too would like to see them carded.

Offline Jedirhino

• Jedi Initiate
  • The party's over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2003, 11:56 AM »
Maybe a dead stormie in the closet..... ;D

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2003, 03:55 PM »

Personally I am surprised that Hasbro hasn't released at least one of these lately, they would be surefire sellers.  Anyone not want these to be made?  

doesn't surprise me.

with all the request they get for oddball figures like the pegwarmign ketwol and bespin guard... chances are slim we'll see them soon.

BTW

for the first time in five months i saw new figures.
too bad they were new in december...
a wal-mart upstate had the trash compactor sets... bah.