Author Topic: Darth_Ennis' Monster Garage ( Updated 12/16) Custom Challenge entries  (Read 63756 times)

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
Re: Quinlin Vos
« Reply #105 on: April 13, 2006, 06:58 AM »
Very nice version of Vos mate and great use of different parts I especially like the hair well done.

Ron

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
Dash Rendar
« Reply #106 on: April 25, 2006, 01:53 PM »
Well, I finally finished my SA Sleeveless Dash Rendar.
Ive loved the character since he first appeared in SOTE. BUt I have to say the only figure we ever got of him wasn't the greatest. He never looked like he did in both the video game and the book cover.

Recently I've been experimenting with using Joe parts with some very good results. So I decided that now was the time to give old Dash an update.

Here's the recipe I used.
Head- Modified Wetsuit
Body- At-At driver (sanded down neck post, and sculpied boots.)
Arms- Wildbill
Armor- Chest: Sculpy
           Shoulder: Leftover Clone parts
Brown chest armor: Steak Temperature indicators. ( if you look close, tyou can still see the W in "Well Done" something I will be forced to fix eventually :-[ ;D)

Let me know what you think.

Offline JediDre

• Jedi Initiate
  • Fine barn it be, but no pool it tis.
    • View Profile
    • The LWWF...we don't care.
Re: Dash Rendar
« Reply #107 on: April 25, 2006, 03:07 PM »
It looks really good....except for the head imo.  Makes it look too cartoony.  Maybe the original Dash head?  But other than that, it does look great!

Dre
I find her attractive because she's a clinet and she sleeps above the covers....FOUR FEET above the covers!!

Offline tykrazen

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spitting llama!
    • View Profile
    • The Jawa Junkpile Customs @theJawa.com
« Reply #108 on: April 25, 2006, 03:23 PM »
I like this one -- the head does seem a bit off to me -- not sure why -- great job on moding the body -- I didn't even recognize  it.  Who is the holster from?

Offline Kit Fisto

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Tell your people to take shelter."
    • View Profile
    • Sofie and Jeffreys' Art/Custom Database
« Reply #109 on: April 25, 2006, 04:08 PM »
I like him mate! Very cool parts use on him! He's on my to do list for AGES now... But you nailed him, very cool and superb articulation.
"You're right! The Wu-Tang and the Shaolin could be dangerous!!"

My Website

Me on Ebay

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 25, 2006, 05:40 PM »
It's great to see a SA Dash Rendar. He never gets any love. Prefect outfit and I love the holster. The head actually reminds me of someone on this forum.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 26, 2006, 05:02 PM »
This is a great custom Ennis.  I do have to say though that the head seems a bit cartoonish... I don't know what other fodder you have that you could use, but if there's one thing that would make this outstanding it might be a more realistic looking head.

Kudos to you for making this figure, we seem to be stuck as a whole in the prequel era for customs.  It's good to see this kind of figure, especially one so well done.  Excellent painting and use of parts.

:)

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #112 on: April 26, 2006, 08:48 PM »
HMM for a head may I suggest a comtech Han I beleive it was. Some one at FFURG did one and sculpted a beard. Looked great
I'll see if i can fish it out
My mistake its a Potf2 Han heres the link sorry this pics are down

http://www.ffurg.com/FForums/index.php?act=ST&f=12&t=1497&hl=dash+rendar&s=10a676f986e72d35382896ea5a7e479f
« Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 08:52 PM by Smartypants1635 »

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Darth_Ennis' Monster Garage ( Updated 4/01)
« Reply #113 on: May 4, 2006, 07:21 PM »
Im not entirely sure what happened with my earlier post but here is the update that I had planned.

NJO princess Leia.

Well, actually the Leia from the cover of "Unseen Queen". She is made from the VOTC leia body and the Bespin Leia head.

Next is General Pharl McQuarrie

This one is a Palpatine head on a Derlin body. I got the Idea from an article in "Insider" that list a Who's Who of Echo Base. This character is in tribute to Ralph McQuarrie adn he was supposed to be in charge of Echo base.

Both of these were quick and dirty customs that really didnt take much time to do at all.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Re: Darth_Ennis' Monster Garage ( Updated 5/04)
« Reply #114 on: May 4, 2006, 09:14 PM »
I really like the McQuarrie custom.  That body actually goes really well with that head and you kind of forget that it is Palpy.  Well done!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #115 on: May 5, 2006, 11:15 PM »
I've been missing a lot of your updates Ennis. I feel really bad about that. :-[

Thrawn-  I like how you went with a black uniform for this one it helps make him even more unique looking. I think you did a good job on the skin tone too. I'm not really a fan of the legs though, it looks like he is trying to do the splits. I think you should change them out for a pair that is a little more neutral. And I do have one more minor nit-pick the rank badge needs to be fixed so he is actually a captain.

Zinjj- I always like Zinjj back when I first read the X-Wing series. I think the head you chose is a perfect fit for him. The eyes seem a bit dark though. You did a great job sculpting on the torso, the only think that looks a little weird is the legs again. For such a fatty he seems to have a big space between his thighs, maybe you could find a way to bring them a little closer together?

Vos- I agree with you, this is definitely one of your best. He looks fantastic. Unlike Kevin I really like that hair, I think it fits perfectly and seems to be very much in scale with him and doesn't look too thick. I think pure junk can sometimes turn into the best customs because it really forces you to be creative and it is hard to tell where any of it came from.

Dash Rendar- Wow, I'm really digging this one too. I used to love Dash back in the SOTE days. It is nice to see you gave him such a well deserved update. Your choice of fodder is somewhat supprising but it really came our looking good. Do you have any plans on making a Leebo, that was his droid's name right? The head is a perfect fit too. The right boot appear too be a little fatter than the left but it isn't too noticeable.

General Pharl McQuarrie- I've never noticed how much that head looks like McQuarrie, that turned out to be a nice little headswap.

NJO Leia- Fairly simple  custom but again it looks really nice.
"This is the way."

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 6, 2006, 11:31 AM »
Leebo is in the planning stages, I need an extra 2-1b to sacrifice for it. There was actually someone over on RS that did an excellent one last year or so I'm going to use my vauge memories of that to attempt my own. ;D

I thank every one for the great feedback and I hopr to have a few of my other projects finished over the next couple of days. I will finish my Female mandalorian if it kills me.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 6, 2006, 11:44 AM »
Hey that is a great McQuarrie concept.  I'd just maybe repaint the head a bit to make it seem a little less like Palpatine.  Very great custom figure idea - if someone deserves their own figure made but Hasbro, I think he would be a great choice.

:)

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 9, 2006, 03:26 PM »
It's been almost a month since my last update, I must be slipping. :-[

First off, I normally don't do comission work. But this was for a good cause. My freind at the comic shop asked me to do this one for her 7yr old son. He wanted a male Twi'lek Jedi. Now the fact that a 7 yr old knows what  Twi'Lek is much less how to say it amazes me. So I cobbled together a few spare parts I had, and tried to grant his wish. I gave it to him yesterday, and from what I understand he hasn't put it down since. Sometimes this is what its all about. Its not even my best work, but I do beleive that this is one of the greatist figs that I have ever done. ;)

This next lady needs no introduction. The NJO Melennium Falcon.

This will be the first time I have ventured into the world of vehicle customising. At least SW vehicles anyway. She's just a simple repaint of an old Mellenium Falcon.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 9, 2006, 03:47 PM »
Great story DE - I could only be so lucky as have someone want to play with my customs (other than my kids).