Author Topic: Darth_Ennis' Monster Garage ( Updated 12/16) Custom Challenge entries  (Read 63744 times)

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
Seeing as how I never actually made a thread here with my own work spotlighted, I guess now is a good a time as any. I'll update it as often as I can.
Feel free to post comments, critiques, Dirty jokes..... what ever. ;D :P  Most importantly I just would like to know what my peers think, and as always to strive to get better.

This ones from the Snoova group project over on FFURG.

I intended for him to be the actual Snoova as opposed to Chewbacca in desgiuse. So I wanted to make him as large as possible. The fig itself was once a Wookie Warrior. The chest armor is from a Mummies alive figure, amd the arm and leg armor came from a dollar store Ninja. The eye and leg holster were once an AT-RT gun, and the axe came from an old G.I.Joe knockoff figure. the hair braid is decorated with trophies of unlucky bounties.

This next one is a Barris Offiee. Seing as how the only figure of her in existance is screeming like a banshee, I decided to make one that was better articulated and much more serene.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2006, 08:53 PM by Darth_Ennis »

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
Re: Darth_Ennis' Monster Garage
« Reply #1 on: January 4, 2006, 12:51 PM »
Wow, nice work there DE!

Snoova - Awesome job, he definitely does not look like Chewbacca in disguise.  I like the armor that you gave him and the "eyepatch" looks great.  He really looks like an entirely new figure as opposed to a modified wookiee warrior.  The "trophies" in his braid are a great touch, they remind me of predator.

Barris Offee - Awesome figure!  I wish I had picked up a few more female Jedis so that I could try one of these.  I can't think of anything else to say!  Nice work!
Is that a vintage Pruneface cloak on Barris?
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
« Reply #2 on: January 4, 2006, 01:57 PM »
Hooray!  The Monster Garage arrives at JediDefender.com!  :D

Darth Ennis, that Barriss is a big improvement over the original one.  What head are you using, by the way?  That isn't a Baroness, is it?  The only criticism I have is that her face looks a little too green, in a Lily Munster sort of shade of green -- but that might just be the photo. 

And great use of dollar store parts on Snoova (who, as Gregorbian says, definitely no longer looks like Chewbacca).  Seems like these dollar stores can be a real treasure trove for customizers!

Always enjoy seeing your stuff -- keep it coming, and happy customizing!

... the Findswoman

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 4, 2006, 02:17 PM »
Glad you are starting your personalized thread here now, we're all in for a treat.   :)

Snoova - He looks awesome, I love the choices of armor.  A truly great represenatation of this figure.  Excellent painting too.

Barris - What you did with the hair is amazing and makes her look attractive - in the pic with the cloak her eyes look a bit large, but other than that I think it's awesome.  This is far superior to Hasbro's version.

:P

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 4, 2006, 02:18 PM »
Barris is a Luminara body with a Aayla secura head. The hair is from baroness with a fer minor changes from sculpy. BTW findswoman glad to see your back too. If Im not mistaken, I beleive I still have a couple of things still put aside for you, namely a Baroness. Unfortunately I never received the package you sent, šIve been meaning to ask if it got returned back to you. Drop me your addy again and Ill send it to you.

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 4, 2006, 02:29 PM »
Darth Ennis, just sent you a PM!

Knowing that the head & the hair are from two different sources makes that head all the more amazing.  Great work integrating the two.  8)

... the Findswoman

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 4, 2006, 02:52 PM »
Here are a couple of updates, Since I'm using a library computer my time is limited to 30 minute periods at a time and this is my last one for the day.
Here are the last couple that I have to post for the day, Ill get in as many as possible.

You may all recognise this rather dark gentleman so introductions aren't neccessary. I give you Gradn Admiral Thrawn.

The body is a ROTS Tarkin with a Spy Troops Duke head.( Hollowed out of course)
I love this character, but lets face it the EU fig they gave him just plain sucked. It was too cartoony, and I wanted a more realistic, and more importantly articulated figure. I didn't actually think it would work, but I think it cut a nice figure.

Yet another gentleman that needs no intro, This is a SA Qui gon Jinn.

out of all the figures Hasbro made of him none were very well articulated at all, which was really a shame he was an awesome character. He is a pilot OBI wan with a Tatooine Quigon head ( hollowed) and sculpied boots.

and while were on the subject of jedis here are a couple of misc,jedi ive been working on.

And last but not least we have the Monster Garage itself, where I have Wuher serving drinks to the various WIPs that are waiting around to be finished

And yes before you ask those are indeed 2 vintage Super power Flashes waiting to be finished. I have been very busy lately, and as you can see the fun just never stops. ;D I'm just glad I could finally share all of these with you . I know ive been promising them for months.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 4, 2006, 04:34 PM »
Wow! You've been a busy man in your new digs. I love that new Snoova. Good use of parts and armor. Its so good to see new stuff from you.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #8 on: January 4, 2006, 08:00 PM »
That Thrawn is awesome!  Great work, I might have to steal that idea  ;)

SA Qui-Gonn is really well done, definitely looks like something Hasbro should have given us. 

The other jedi are well done, although after seeing the Pilot Obi-Wan body used for customs, I can't bring myself to use any other body for any jedi that I have.   :-\
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 4, 2006, 09:21 PM »
I love the SA Qui-Gon.  I'm definitely going to try one of those.  I bought 5 Obi Pilots today on clearance - sweet.

Offline Commander_Miseria

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Touching from a distance further all the time..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 6, 2006, 06:44 PM »
i'll be stealing that SA qui gon idea too  :P great work on all the figures though, i was thinking of tackling a non screaming bariss as well.

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 9, 2006, 12:59 PM »
Hers a small update. I managed to finish my Corran Horn over the weekend so here he goes.

[/img]

His body is a ROTS Ki-Adi-Mundi, and his head was once a ROTS Bail Organa with some sculpy added for hair. This fig classifies as part of my Great Pegwarmer Roundup. Seeing as how both if these figs were rotting on the shelf at walmart. This one was really pretty easy, so anyone can give it a try.
« Last Edit: January 9, 2006, 01:07 PM by Darth_Ennis »

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Darth_Ennis' Monster Garage ( Updated 1/09)
« Reply #12 on: January 9, 2006, 01:56 PM »
Darth Ennis, great work on your transformation of the Bail Organa head -- I never would have guessed!  I had been thinking it was a Rykrof Enloe head instead... :D

He turned out very nicely.  I like the color scheme. One small thing, though, is that  slit in the right side of his tunic, which I'm sure was Hasbro's fault and not yours... was that from some attachment on the Ki-Adi-Mundi figure? 

Nice touch posing him on that Felucia base, too.  It goes with his green color scheme.  :)

Keep up the wonderful work!

... the Findswoman

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Darth_Ennis' Monster Garage ( Updated 1/09)
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2006, 11:31 AM »
Ive another update. ;D  I workrd on this one all day yesterday, after I found a VOTC Luke hanging on the wall in a local comic shop.

SA Shirtless Darth Maul

This one is a double edged sword.( No pun intended.) Whereas he has an unspeakable amount of articulation, his paint will chip off if I dare to ever move him. :'(

He is made from the body of a VOTC Luke and a hollowed out Maul head. The plastic belt and tunic is from the same Maul. The soft goods underskirt was left over from one of the Luminaras I used for the Tonnikas. Cut and shaped to fit the figure. Altogether the figure only took a couple of hours, and Im surprised he came out that well. It usually takes me a lot longer to make something like this.

Thanks for the kind words Findswoman, the Corran figure has been sitting in a box unfinished since before I moved to Tennessee, I finally got around to finishing him. The slit in the tunic is factory made, I guess to give the figure a little better movement. BUt it really doesn't work all that well. BTW I made a mistake when I posted him. I forgot that I switched the legs, from the waist down he is a Plo koon figure. I didnt realise it till I got home.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Darth_Ennis' Monster Garage ( Updated 1/10)
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2006, 12:07 PM »
Great paint application Ennis.  I'd say repaint the head some so the red on his torso matches the color on his head.

Have you used any spray seal on him to help keep it from chipping?  I'd say try the matte acrylic sealer spray that Walmart sells in their arts/crafts section.  You could also put a drop of superglue on each joint.

:P