Author Topic: Darth_Ennis' Monster Garage ( Updated 12/16) Custom Challenge entries  (Read 63747 times)

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
Monster Garage :Whats on the slab?
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2006, 02:21 PM »
Every now and then I get blocked on what to do next with one of my customs. It happens a lot more than you might think. :-[ So I've decided to present it to you guys and take suggestions on what to do next. I need your input, because I have some good stuff and I need help to finish them.

First of we have a Scout type clone that is badly in need of a good color scheme.

To give you a little background on this guy, he was screwed from the get go. I bought this SA clone a couple of months ago, when I got him out of the package, the poor guy had 2 left legs frm the shin down. I guess something went wrong in the cloning tanks. But using the old Six Million Dollar man motto,
"I can rebuild him I have the technology."

I raided my box of failed experiments and grabbed a badly dyed Biker scout and went to work  dremmeling out his helmet and armor. ( Big props to Fitzkreig for that inspiration) Several painstaking hopurs of dremmeling, and a boot swap from a badly decomposing Ric Ole figure later and viola. Now I just need a color scheme.

Hes a scout/combat engineer. The left gauntlet is a mobile detonator, and the brown pouch are where he keeps his explosives.

Where should I go with him from here?

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
Re: Monster Garage :Whats on the slab?
« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2006, 02:53 PM »
You can't go wrong with White like the traditional scouts, But possibly a camo scheme, also since hes working wih explosives hes gonna have an ordanance accident evey once ina while so really bang him up and add huge explosive scorches on his armor. :P

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2006, 05:01 PM »
Since this piece is pretty much just a bullet proof vest, why not make the vest black like the police have for a flack jacket? You can write SWAT on the front in the imperial font.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
Re: Admiral Screed
« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2006, 05:37 PM »
Wow nice!
I like screed but I think he could do with a tad of highlighting over the tunic/trench coat.
The Clone is cool too!
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline darth_ripley

• Jedi Initiate
  • i'm the monster's mother...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2006, 05:44 PM »
i like that Screed a lot Ennis! the cape and the eyepatch thingy look great! i like the choice of Veers body and the paint apps look very nice and clean.

the yellow clone is nice too...i always like the yellow ones for some reason. nice to see one clean too, although i tend to dirty mine up... :P

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2006, 05:46 PM »
It's great to see Screed in a movie style version. I life how you combined the face with the droid face. The hat looks like it is on a little plateform on his head. Is there a way to lower his hat onto his head?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline The Professor

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • My Custom Dioramas at The Jawa
« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2006, 02:46 AM »
I really like Screed.  It's very inventive to take a cartoon character and make him or her look "real."  You've done a great job.  Nice combination of parts!
"Go plug the professor into the back!"

Offline aeseven7

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2006, 02:58 AM »
I think you did a GREAT job on Screed.  The lower skirt looks very good, not too 'puffy' and the paintjob is spot on.

His head reminds me of RAX from Eternal Champions:)  My fave was always Xavier but RAX's powerslide was devastating, lol.

Overall a great custom!

Offline Jedi_Master_Ben

• Jedi Initiate
  • Now I am the Master!
    • View Profile
    • Jedi Master Ben's Custom Galaxy
« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2006, 10:35 AM »
Hi there,

Your Admiral Screed looks good. I like the color scheme. The detail on the eye patch and other accessories are well done. I would recommend that instead of using rubberbands, start looking at styrene sheets. Rubber will deteriate overtime and will ruin your custom. You can cut styrene sheets to any length and thickness and it can be heated up to be shaped to fit. I just hate to see such great work lost due to chemical breakdown of rubber. As for the hat, it seems a bit big for the head you used. I would recommend that you fill the head with super sculpty and boil it so the hat looks like it fits. The other option is to fiind a imperial hat that does match the head size, like any of the POTF2 lines in the mid to late '90s. There  are folks out there including myself that casted a few of those hats. One more thing before I go, check out my friend, sith_fire30,  Admiral Screed. He did a simular version like yours.

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB7&Number=1683648&Forum=,f7,&Words=Screed&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=1683648&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=&daterange=0&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post1683648

Unil the next posting,

Jedi_Master_Ben
"When I first started, I was just a learner. Now I Am The Master Sculptor!" - Jedi_Master_Ben

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2006, 04:14 PM »
Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm glad people other than me remember Screed. :P I never really noticed his "floating hat" but now that youve pointed it out Im going to have to see what I can do about it. It does look rather odd.

Sith_ fire 30's screed is pheonominal. I didn't know he made one. The figure he used is the one that I cannibalised for mine too. I love that head, and now that I've seen it I wish I would have used that one on mine as well.

Actually, I could use a few of those hats for a few other projects I'd like to do.

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2006, 04:18 PM »
Actually I have taken both of your suggestions to heart, and Ill use them both. ;D
I started giving him a Gree esque color scheme. With green camo limbs, and black for the vest and boots. He's in the process of drying from his first coat as we speak. Hoefully I can get him finished and posted in the next couple of days. Thanks for the input guys.

OF course anyone else can still chime in as well. No reasonable suggestion will be refused.

Offline Jedi_Assassin

• Jedi Initiate
  • My people are dead, I shall have revenge.
    • View Profile
    • My Xanga
« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2006, 07:16 PM »
I think you should go w/ something regal and use him as one of Palps personal clone gaurds that follow him. You could make a whole squad and use him as the guy who sweeps the buildings that Palps goes into for bombs. That's my $.02.

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2006, 11:28 AM »
I like this idea too, Maybe not for this particular trooper but definately an idea I want to expend upon. Thanks A_G.

Offline darth_ripley

• Jedi Initiate
  • i'm the monster's mother...
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 25, 2006, 01:14 PM »
he would be interesting in all black armor too, with silver accents. kind of like a blackhole scout commando idea. just a thought  ;)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 25, 2006, 04:08 PM »
he would be interesting in all black armor too, with silver accents. kind of like a blackhole scout commando idea. just a thought  ;)

I think Ripley has a great idea,  I'm a big fan of the black/silver combo