Author Topic: The Black Dog Customs  (Read 2463 times)

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
The Black Dog Customs
« on: September 3, 2005, 02:23 PM »
I have to give HUGE kudos to Chewie as I have just finished my first customs. My first one followed Chewie's Mace. I took an Agen Kolar body, put on a Mace Jedi Council head, and trimmed the front of the tan Jedi tunic. I won't have a digital camera until around the 1st of October so I cannot post pictures, but I am very pleased.

My next two were nothing much, just paint and some battle damage of the SA Clone and making them into 501st Clones. I used the picture (small) on page 44 of the Visual guide and a pictue of Hasbro's 501st Tactical Ops Clone from SDCC.  The first clone was a learning experience so I made two more and I am happy with them!

My next custom is to take another SA clone and do a paint job based on the green clone on page 44 of the visual dictionary. I really like that clone so . . .

I also intend to do some customizing of some wookies as well, making some new warriors and I would like to make 1 Wookie Jedi.

Anyone have ideas for make a custom of the Imerpial FX-9 that helps to rebuild Vader? I have several FX-7 still in package and would use one as a base, but need to look at the head, arms etc. Any input or direction would be appreciated.

Man, if I had ever guessed how much I would enjoy this, I would have done this a LONG time ago!

Jay
« Last Edit: September 3, 2005, 02:25 PM by TheBlackDog65 »
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
Re: 1st customs done no camera yet
« Reply #1 on: September 3, 2005, 03:12 PM »
Welcome to the custom boards. I hope to see pics soon. ;D

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 3, 2005, 03:18 PM »
Black Dog, I'm very happy that you've gotten into the customizing mode!  I really can't wait to see your Mace Windu and your other stuff.  Sounds very exciting.

As for the medical droid, once I get an extra FX-7, I am going to try and come up with something similar... maybe we can help each other out with this one.

:P

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 3, 2005, 04:33 PM »
Thanks for the encouragement!
Chewie, let me go through my collection next weekend and I can see what I have. I'll PM you. We have just never took the time to buy a digital camera, but I am getting one between now and Oct 15. As soon as I have it, I'll take the pictures and load em up.

Think I want to do one on Cin Dralling, but that will take a walk through the action figure isle and my stuff downstairs. I also just thought I would look into a Corran Horn, and search the thread here to see what's been done with him!
« Last Edit: September 3, 2005, 04:35 PM by TheBlackDog65 »
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
The Black Dog Customs
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2006, 12:02 AM »
Here are some pictures of a quick couple of 501st customs I have done. I will attempt to get some more uploaded while I am off track. Feedback is welcome.

Not happy with the ringbands on the wrists.

Okay, I'm a moron.  Someone  help with posting the pictures cause I am screwing something up!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 12:04 AM by TheBlackDog65 »

John Keeshan

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: The Black Dog Customs
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2006, 12:14 AM »
Hmmm... the red box is haunting me...

Looking more to your updates though.   ;)

:)

« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 10:12 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2006, 12:15 AM »
Can you PM me a link to your URL?  It might be that your hosting service is blocking it...

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2006, 12:22 AM »
Try it one more time. . . .

Actually, as I look at this one, I scrapped too much off of the torso. I should have left somewhat of an outline of the i on there. I may go back and adjust. I will say though I like the scraped off feeling, and think before I seal these, I am going to add some additional weathering to them. 

« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 12:30 AM by TheBlackDog65 »

John Keeshan

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2006, 10:12 PM »
Yeah, the scraping might have been a bit too much... still looks cool though.

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2006, 10:57 AM »
Just so I know what I am looking at:

A scraped up # 41 SA & a clean #6 ?

If so the #6 looks great. Better than Hasbros version.
The #41 looks too beat up for my tastes, but I can figure out what you were going for.
My trade thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10408.0
Email is your best bet to contact me.