Author Topic: JediDre's Customs Updated 04/04/2007 Spec Op ARC & 2 new 1205th  (Read 51549 times)

Offline JediDre

• Jedi Initiate
  • Fine barn it be, but no pool it tis.
    • View Profile
    • The LWWF...we don't care.
Re: JediDre's Customs Fan Fic Gen1 Imp Black Ops trooper
« Reply #180 on: August 4, 2006, 09:41 PM »
So I bought some stuff from Good to Go Customs...good stuff, one helmet was a bit thin, but I digress.  I purchased the Bacara helemet with the thought of doing a different commander, not Bacara...but then KB Toys had their buy two get one free sale...and good ol 1138 was on the pegs, so I picked him up, along with the new Saga Sandtrooper, who'da thought they wore italian loafers in a galaxy far far away...anyways...here's the GTG helmet painted, with a paper clip replacing the antenna...

That visor was a pain in the rear...

YOu can't see the antenna in practicaly any of these photos, but I promise it is there...

See! See! You can glimpse part of it over his noggin'!!

I'm in the process of modding a Evo body to look like Bacara...lotsa little painting...

As usual, questions, comments, gripes...send them my way...

Dre
I find her attractive because she's a clinet and she sleeps above the covers....FOUR FEET above the covers!!

Offline JediDre

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: JediDre's Customs Obligatory Cmd Bacara custom 8/4/06
« Reply #181 on: August 7, 2006, 06:38 PM »
I'm back to my Imperial Commando.  I've painted his helmet, and have removed the shin guards.  I have Vader lower legs, but used the knee joints to make a Scorch the way he shoulda been.   The helmet is a Good to Go cast, it was a bit thin, but the paint helps a lot.  I'm going to make the visor like the Republic Commando with the color fading to white at the bottom.

Questions, comments, gripes...keep them to yourself...er...send them to me....

Dre
I find her attractive because she's a clinet and she sleeps above the covers....FOUR FEET above the covers!!

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
Re: JediDre's Customs Gen 1 Imp Commando update 8/7/2006!!
« Reply #182 on: August 7, 2006, 08:03 PM »
Nice combo of body and helmet!
I really like that red for the visor.
(I just wish I could locate some Imperial Gunners... They only show up when I am completely broke...starting to really irritate the heck out of me.)
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 16, 2006, 10:45 PM »
Nice to dsee he finally got a helmet.

Great looking Custom. Very covert looking.

Keep up the great work,

Fritzkrieg
Fritzkrieg

Offline JediDre

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 17, 2006, 12:06 AM »
Wow, I was surprised to see this at the top...I haven't done anything on anyone lately...

Thanks for the comments Straxus and Fritz!  I'm hoping to get some stuff done next week...I've got a few things coming from GTG...it's just finding the time to do it in.

Thanks again!!

Dre

Offline JediDre

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
JediDre's Customs: Random Mando WIP and Bloodline custom!! 9/13/06
« Reply #185 on: September 13, 2006, 03:15 PM »
I just finished reading the secon book in the Legacy of the Force series, Bloodlines.  I loved the Galactic Alliance Guard that was formed to "protect" Courscant.  The first custom here is my interpretation of what they look like.  They're described as having black fatigues with black armor, they do have a helmet, but it isn't described well, so I don't have one for him yet.

He's made from:
Death Star Gunner Body
Gardian Gloves
Saga Skiff Lando Holster with Gardian pistol
ROTS Pilot Obi-Wan head slightly modded
And a Good To Go Customs ARC Rifle.

This guy here has been a long time coming.  I've had about 4 different pairs of arms on him and none looked right to me...these still kinda don't.

Made from:
Kamino Escape Jango torso
Cmd Cody arms
Saga2 Boba Fett legs, belt modded with Clone Troop belt parts
The head is a mixof the Cody neck post(suprisingly easy to get off) and the new Death Star Gunner head

Like I said, he's been around for a while, but I'm finally happy with what I've done to him.

Comments, questions, gripes...send them my way...

Dre

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
Re: JediDre's Customs Finally updated!!! 9/13/06
« Reply #186 on: September 14, 2006, 01:22 AM »
That mandalorian has a very interesting selection of parts. When repainted should look really cool!

I like the security guy. The DSgunner works great for so many customs. After finaly finding my four gunners I played arround with various other parts combining with that of the DSgunner and found it to be great!
I like the gun. That from G2G?
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 14, 2006, 04:34 PM »
How does that helmet work with the head? I mean...is it compatible or merely an accessory?

Offline JediDre

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 14, 2006, 10:25 PM »
How does that helmet work with the head? I mean...is it compatible or merely an accessory?

The Mando helmet fits quite well on the DSG head.  The head hole is a bit big for the Codt post so I added a bit of fun-tac on the inside andthe head sit perfectly.  He is in desperate need of a paint job, and I'm throwing ideas around in my head for a backstory.

Thanks

Dre

Offline JediDre

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: JediDre's Customs A'Sharad Hett 11/3/06
« Reply #189 on: November 3, 2006, 09:32 PM »
I've been picking up the Republic graphic novels one at a time and was very impressed with the character A'Sharad Hett, especially his interaction with Anakin.  I put together a quick, but effective customs of Hett.  The Main Torso is Saga Obi-Wan, the hands are VOTC Tusken Raider as are the lower legs and head, and the sabers are from two different Grevious figures.  My wife is going to be making a braid for him soon enough and my plan is to make interchangeable heads, so he can be masked and not.  My apologies for the second picture as it is a bit fuzzy.

Questions, comments, gripes...let me have them...

Thanks

Dre

Offline JediDre

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: JediDre's Customs Updated 11/3/06...finally!!!
« Reply #190 on: November 26, 2006, 04:43 PM »
In the early years of the empire, the military knew that their troops were easily replaceable, so their first generation Commandos were lightly armored, for two reasons.  The first that thye told the troops was for easier movement.  The second, that wasn't on the record, was to keep their budget down.  The first few commandos wore simple armor, sometimes with reinforced plates over top.  Later they adopted the stormtrooper armor as a whole.

A simple part swap of a custom.
Body is entirely a blue Imperial Guard
Head is a GTG DSG cast, surprisingly it fit near perfect on the neck post.
The helmet is a GTG commando cast with a GTG range finder addition.
The gun is from the POTF Endor trooper, I love this gun.
And the armor is obviously from a DSG.

A paint scheme is next, and I'm leaning towards black with charcoal highlights on the armor.  The head will be painted by Mrs Steady hand, my wife.

Question, comments, gripes...let me have them.

Dre

Offline Amanaman

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: JediDre's Customs Updated 11/26/06 Imp Commando WIP
« Reply #191 on: November 26, 2006, 05:04 PM »
Gripes? Man, that's the cleanest custom I've seen! What are the casts made up of?

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 26, 2006, 05:09 PM »
Erm.... yeah, no gripes here either. Assembly looks crisp and those GTG casts look great! Black and charcoal sounds like a cool combo, as well.

I just posted my latest, a special Commando, which is also black, but I used a slight blue wash. Hardly noticeable in the pics, but in real life it gives quite a nice effect.

Offline JediDre

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 26, 2006, 07:00 PM »
Gripes? Man, that's the cleanest custom I've seen! What are the casts made up of?

I'm not exactly sure what they cast their stuff with at Good to Go Customs.  But their stuff is top niotch.  I have a bunch of stuff that I haven't even used yet, and not sure what I'll be doing with it.  But the more fodder the better, right?  Thanks for the comments.  I might get to painting him tonight, but I'm not sure.  If not it'll be tomorrow or so.  I'm thinking of painting his helmet black, with red eyes.  Thoughts on that? 

Thanks again

Dre

Offline JediDre

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 28, 2006, 09:38 PM »
"Fordo preferred heavy weaponry to fancy tactics, and subtlety was never his strong point."

Here is the starts to Cpt Fordo, Courscant version.  After recieving one of Banth5's fantastic Neyo sculpts, I decided to go with Fordo instead of the former. 

The body is a #41 clone.
The pauldron is from a Bacara
The helmet and strap come from Banthas kit. 
The Jaig eyes were painted by Mrs. Steady-hand, my wife.

He's still a WIP as I'm waiting on a holster and still looking for the perfect sidearm for him...I can't decide.  I need to touch up some paint on him, and add some here and there.

Comments, questions, gripes...send them to me.

Thanks

Dre

I fixed your image tags for you.  - Ryan
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 10:49 PM by Ryan »