Author Topic: 2006 Vintage Saga Collection (vTSC)  (Read 134661 times)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: 2006 vOTC (or vTSC) - now with pics!
« Reply #270 on: March 7, 2006, 09:12 AM »
Pretty cool - does he came with that stand or is it from something else?

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 7, 2006, 09:55 AM »
That is an OTC stand.  I had to use it to keep him standing.  The peg holes in his feet are kinda small and did not want to accept the peg, but it was the only one I had that was handy.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 7, 2006, 10:55 AM »
Thanks so much for the pics Paul.  I'll echo what everyone else has said, and your pictures really make this figure look great.  Much better than many of us originally thought the way it looks.  I thought that the soft goods might look better out of package (and with someone with actual Star Wars knowledge posing it), and it looks like that is most definitely the case.  I can't wait to nab a few of these, it looks like it turned out to be a heck of a figure.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 7, 2006, 11:00 AM »
Yeah, I'm really glad I ordered a case of the VTSC figures - I can see now I'd really regret missing these figures.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 7, 2006, 11:53 AM »
Paul= Hasbro corps marketing/advertising division expert :-*

Nice pics, damn that fig looks good!

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 7, 2006, 03:32 PM »
ok after the drama of open it/not open it and the euphoria of opening...I forgot to update the fact that aside from the Label on the outside that we have all seen regarding the Ultimate Bounty, there was nothing inside the Clamshell or inside the figure package that would give any clues as to the nature of the giveaway or the requirements.  The label merely said to visit StarWars.com for details.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 7, 2006, 03:41 PM »
maybe they want a number on the packaging or a receipt?

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 7, 2006, 03:41 PM »
there was nothing inside the Clamshell or inside the figure package that would give any clues as to the nature of the giveaway or the requirements.

Strange.  Perhaps we'll just have to remove the UGH sticker on the front of the clamshell? 

...edit... I hope not, because people will just steal them off the clamshells in the store.  ::)
« Last Edit: March 7, 2006, 03:43 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #278 on: March 7, 2006, 04:11 PM »
We have to remember that the vTSC figures that leaked out (the "Amazing Kansas Wal-Mart" figures) were a special circumstance.  The figures were not intended for retail sale and were only late-stage samples that were sent to Wal-Mart by Hasbro.

It is entirely possible that the give-away info was not included with the Tusken that Paul opened because the mail-away details were not actually final at the time thsoe figures were sent out to Wal-Mart.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 7, 2006, 04:32 PM »
i'm suprised with how many people are back on board with the sandperson.  sure he looks cool, the legs definately have fodder potential, but the arms totally look as if they are from the massiff/sniper version of the t raider.  to me this is still an easy pass unless it gets discounted.  not to dog anybody's opinion on him or the fact that this just adds to the completion of the initial 12, but he seems no better then Greedo.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 7, 2006, 05:11 PM »
We have to remember that the vTSC figures that leaked out (the "Amazing Kansas Wal-Mart" figures) were a special circumstance.  The figures were not intended for retail sale and were only late-stage samples that were sent to Wal-Mart by Hasbro.

It is entirely possible that the give-away info was not included with the Tusken that Paul opened because the mail-away details were not actually final at the time thsoe figures were sent out to Wal-Mart.

Jeff's right (at least I think so) - the figures that were shipped to that particular WM were pre-production mock ups.

You should not have opened it!

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 7, 2006, 06:50 PM »
Early samples or not I disagree with Jeff. Perhaps it will be a receipt turn-in like the early bird mail away.  Thank-you/well played for opening the fig, Paul. If not we all would not be talking about it(how cool it is) and how some actually dislike(are not impressed with) it.

If Paul wouldn't have opened it then we'd all be not posting as much in here.  Alternative=boring.

Don't worry, I doubt it would be 'worth' anything more as an early sample considering yours was the only early release example I heard of. Typically one of a kind differences rarily raise the value if at all. :P

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 7, 2006, 07:01 PM »
If it is an early production figure perhaps we can anticipate better paint apps.  It is hard to see in the photos, but it looks very much like a "wash" over white plastic on the upper legs and arms.  So I don't know..

And I am glad I opened it.  I have never been in the "value" side of our hobby, I just originally didn't know if somebody here needed it as their "holy grail"...I guess it just makes the others more rare..30 years from now I get to bea foottnote in a collector's guide about why there isn't a complete set of the infamous "Kansas Wal Mart 5"....

I am going to take some comparison shots with Tusky and the previous versions.  Just for grins.  Also I'm home now, so I might see if I can get the bandoliers off him as well.

OK here are the new pics...

« Last Edit: March 7, 2006, 07:47 PM by pmundheim »

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 7, 2006, 08:31 PM »
more pics

Ok unless there are any specific poses you want I am done burning up your bandwidth...Enjoy!!!

I am looking forward to 11 more of this guy!!!!  But I may substitue Vintage Gaffi Sticks..

Offline Flacksguy

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 7, 2006, 10:11 PM »
Just wanted to say Thanks for the pics.
I usually post on Rebelscum, and had heard there were loose pics of this figure here. A better Tusken has been at the top of my wish list for a while, so I was really happy to see these pics.

Thanks again for opening and for the pics.