Author Topic: 2006 Vintage Saga Collection (vTSC)  (Read 134426 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: 2006 vOTC (or vTSC) - now with pics!
« Reply #390 on: April 6, 2006, 12:00 AM »
Well I got a chance to see Paul's VTSC figures the other day - and they really are as good as they look in the pictures, especially the scout.

Luke's legs are a big goofy to me, but it's a small complaint compared to the overall quality level...

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #391 on: April 6, 2006, 12:11 AM »

vTSC Han Gallery

Wow, once agiain your pictures are the best Jared.  I cannot wait until I get a chance to get my hands on these figures!   :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 6, 2006, 12:13 AM »
I agree, thank you Jared for those outstanding pics of the Han.  Wow.  I was thinking I'd only get a few of these.  Damnit.  I know I'm going to want many more than I had planned.

:P

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: April 6, 2006, 12:14 AM »
Great pictures Jared! Thanks.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: April 6, 2006, 09:18 AM »
Congratulations on the find, Jared.  Thanks for the pictures.  Hopefully they leak at more Targets.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: April 6, 2006, 10:47 AM »
Great pics as always Jared, thanks for sharing.  Congrats on the find too!  Hopefully these will be showing up everywhere pretty soon, and it good quantities.  I can't wait to get a hold of a few of those Hans, not to mention the others.  I thought the first VOTC Han was the best figure I've ever owned, but this one looks like it could top that one even.  I really hope we see this line continue in the future.  Sure, the price kind of stinks, but I really like the overall concept of the line...and the great figures we get from it.  Good stuff.  Your pictures make the wait even tougher ;).

Offline Mitsukara

• Jedi Initiate
  • Casual/Poor Collector and Customizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: April 6, 2006, 10:57 PM »
To paraphrase Captain Kirk:

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

Those are awesome pictures! Thanks!! And I really need a VOTC Chewie to go with him, too... although good ol' Falcon Mechanic Chewie can stand in if money doesn't agree with that sentiment. That is, he can stand in about three poses, but oh well :P He's sculpted good at least.

Yep yep, though, Hasbro's definately getting at least $36 from me with this line if I can find them :) Don't know if I need the Sandtrooper and Greedo- they're cool, but they're novelties to me. I need to catch up and get a VOTC Lando and such first.

I can't decide on that headsculpt, though. I might kitbash him... but maybe not. It's definately not the worst Han had out there, but I don't know if it really rivals Carbonite Han, either.

Has anyone else noticed that Hasbro seems to consider the VOTC Han head sculpt the greatest or something, though? They stuck him on a standard neckpost (which looks a little mishapen in the preview pictures... something I'm assuming they'll fix) for the new Cantina Han, as well. Guess they didn't like Carbonite Han :(

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: April 7, 2006, 03:42 PM »
The scout's awesome. Like everyone else, I want a couple more.

Greedo's great! Finally the definitive Greedo. Thank God the OTC plastic vest fits over his big ol' fingers; I hate the lame cloth one. He looks great without a vest, too.

Tusken's neat. Really needs ball elbows, though. $12.99 and they had to half ass it?

Wow, Han's a colossal piece of ****! I'm shocked. How can a figure based almost entirely on the amazingly excellent VOTC Han be such a nugget? The torso joint is awful; with the vest off, it's quite visible in back. And what's wrong with the sculpt? It looks all bloated. ??? The legs are loose and wonky. This turd's going back to the store.

What saber did you guys get on Luke's belt? Mine has Vader's. ???
« Last Edit: April 7, 2006, 09:08 PM by Ook »

Offline Mitsukara

• Jedi Initiate
  • Casual/Poor Collector and Customizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: April 7, 2006, 11:27 PM »
Colossal piece of ****?  ??? I guess he looks kind of funny because of his articulation- the ball shoulders aren't well-hidden, and the torso sculpting does suffer for having a swivel waist... but that brings up the question of which you prefer, sculpting or articulation. Me, the articulation doesn't really ruin his sculpting so it's kinda cool.

I guess with the two Hans out there, they cater to both sides of the argument. Then again, if you just want good sculpting we have the normal Saga line for that; Carbonite Han's sculptwork exceeds both VOTC/VTSC figures IMO, but his articulation is dull and very 1999ish.

Take your pick :P But personally, I crave one of the things.

I can agree about the elbow joints there, didn't know the Tusken Raider had those- angle cuts are fine on $6 figures, you can argue for it when the VOTC line was $10, but what the heck is a $13 figure doing with angle cuts that could just as easily be ball joints?? If he at least has ball shoulders I guess it might be okay for posing, but it still seems kinda lame.

I'm pretty sure Luke comes with Vader's hilt in this line. Oops. But, it'll balance out for my collection if I get one of those and an Evolutions Anakin set, since I can probably swap the saber hilts out and Vader can have a hilt :)

Not 100% sure but I think that hilt is identical to VOTC Vader's, the only time (I think?) Vader was produced with a bladeless hilt (except for Saga "Bespin Duel" vader and his metal hilt, which was identical to the metal Luke hilt) in 3 3/4" scale.

Vader's hilt is the most similar saber hilt to the Anakin/Luke hilt, which is probably why Hasbro made the mistake...

SilverZ

« Reply #399 on: April 7, 2006, 11:29 PM »
Just tried the Greedo jacket swap as well, Ook. I'm now actually happy with Greedo!

Offline starkid500

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: April 7, 2006, 11:49 PM »
grrrrrr i cant find even a speck of dust.
« Last Edit: April 8, 2006, 12:35 AM by Jeff »
Edit by AngryEwok - Don't put images in your signature.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #401 on: April 8, 2006, 12:47 AM »
Kudos to Jared once again... I can't wait to get my hands on these!   :)

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

SilverZ

« Reply #402 on: April 8, 2006, 12:55 AM »
 :)

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: April 8, 2006, 12:59 AM »
I opened up the set that I found yesterday and I absolutely LOVE these figures. Worth every penny spent on them!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: April 8, 2006, 01:46 AM »
Jared's pics are once again fantastic. Looks like I'll have to buy an OTC Greedo to switch vests with the VOTC2 one.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks