Author Topic: 2006 Vintage Saga Collection (vTSC)  (Read 133334 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 2006 vOTC (or vTSC) - now with pics!
« Reply #555 on: June 15, 2006, 06:31 PM »
You're the first around here I heard of finding them at KM there DN, so that's interesting.  I admittedly don't go there as often when things are generally easy to find at other stores...  I may have to pop in though just to see what's around.  Most of the JTA's had dried up too so I just didn't have reason to go...  And nobody mentioned finding VTSC there...

VOTC showed first at K-Mart though ironically.  They really did well with that line.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: June 15, 2006, 07:46 PM »
Yeah, it was back on Memorial Day when I saw them. I haven't been to that K Mart since, so I don't know if it was just a one-time thing or they're being restocked.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: June 26, 2006, 04:26 PM »
You know, I was looking through the closet today for boxes/etc. I could get rid of, and thinking about packing up some things - did any of you keep the clamshells from the VTSC.  I kept the first VOTC ones (from my openers), and I will keep the tape sealed ones I found this time around (only 3 of them) - but I'm debating what to do with the rest.  I ended up having to cut at least two sides of the heat sealed ones to get them open, and I still have the bubbles for some reason.  I figure I should just throw them away, because they won't look "nice" to use to display anything in anyways - but for some reason I just haven't brought myself to doing it yet.  I was just curious if any of you kept them, or did you ditch them right away?  Maybe you were a little more skilled/patient in getting them open than I was :).

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: June 26, 2006, 06:12 PM »
Naw, I read the frustrations everyone else had online and just carved them up and threw them out.  All the Canadian carded versions are heat sealed.  Were they the taped versions, I'd happily keep them as quasi-star cases but these are just extra trash now. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: June 26, 2006, 10:50 PM »
Just a couple things to add:
1) I also have seen a large amount of these at K-Mart since last week, but I didn't get a chance to see the price.
2) In most other places near me, the Luke is outselling even the Biker Scout!  I couldn't believe when I saw a kid grabbing one and handing it to his mother, all excited.  A kid!!  I should be happy that such a young generation is feeling the love too, but I have to admit I find it weird that kids can still be interested in a 1977 flick!
3)  The Tusken's poofy robes have bothered me since day one, but I recently put him in a pose I like, and doused him under a water faucet until he was drenched.  I put him on the shelf and the next day the robes had dried in that position and looked great!  I recommend trying this technique.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: June 26, 2006, 11:32 PM »
Well, I decided to stop by my KMart just to see what was there, and I found two pegs full of VTSC!

Picked up a Biker Scout, and I did see something wierd...it was a VTSC Luke whose inner bubble (on the card) wasn't glued at all to the cardback...it had fell to the bottom of the case, lol.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #561 on: June 26, 2006, 11:40 PM »
I live right outside of NYC, and I saw a floor display of these at a Super Stop and Shop!  Not only that, but they were only 9.99. I had what I needed, so I left about 4-6 Bikers on the pegs.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: June 26, 2006, 11:48 PM »
The Scouts are starting to warm,I may start picking them up more.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #563 on: June 27, 2006, 01:41 AM »
In Pittsburgh I only see Scouts and Lukes sporatically...  Then Sandpeople, and then Han/Greedo tie for pegwarmers of the wave.

Great fodder on all 5 figures though if clearance comes on these...  I'm guessing Scouts aren't going to be real easy to find, at least for me, on clearance since they are dried up around here but the others I'd love to pick up tons at sale prices.  I already have more than a few sets of these figures from online orders, online buys, and from locals who just wanted the Lucas figure...  I'm coming out on top in that regard, so I'm happy.

Some stores around me don't have any of these...  KM's I go to don't have them, several WM stores have no space for them at all and either are holding them in the back or just never got any. 

Only Target is consistantly stocked with VTSC and their stock I see dwindles between my trips.  Even the pegwarmers sell to some extent.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: June 27, 2006, 03:29 PM »
Targets are swimming with pegs and pegs of VTSC... Even Biker SCouts are pegwarming.

The thing that sucks is that this is preventing Target from putting out cases of Tatooine... (Which I haven't seen yet)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #565 on: June 28, 2006, 02:32 AM »
The stores should be keeping the two lines separate and holding cases of VTSC in reserve...  All my stores are that way anyhow.  The basics aren't getting out because of the chokehold H&V remnants and figures like Lushros Dofine and Derlin are holding on the pegs...  VTSC shouldn't be impacting your basics getting out on the floor though unless the toy aisle is a shambles and VTSC have taken over the basic pegs.

Offline starkid500

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: June 28, 2006, 06:24 PM »
The stores should be keeping the two lines separate and holding cases of VTSC in reserve...  All my stores are that way anyhow.  The basics aren't getting out because of the chokehold H&V remnants and figures like Lushros Dofine and Derlin are holding on the pegs...  VTSC shouldn't be impacting your basics getting out on the floor though unless the toy aisle is a shambles and VTSC have taken over the basic pegs.
they have here  :'(
Edit by AngryEwok - Don't put images in your signature.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: July 28, 2006, 06:41 PM »
for those that say instead of Greedo we should've gotten a DS sqaud commander >:(  are you guys crazy.  sure it'd be cool to get an SA version of him but come on army building him and the scout trooper @ $10-12 a pop  :'(  han definately has potential, i'm not really one for the trench coat either plastic or cloth either way it's comin' off.  Greedo  :-\ scout trooper  ;D gonna have to start playing the lotto and recycling those cans and bottles to get as many of these guys as i want.  can anybody say BARC Trooper repaints?  and if Hasblow is smart they'll rerelease him in that paint scheme for $6.99 and we'll all be pissed that we army built him for $10-12 instead of waiting to get him for $6.99 and just repainting him ourselves.  sand dude-opinion at a later date.  Luke kicks ass, but is it just me or does he look super pissed.

Sorry I just had to quote myself on this.  I knew hasblow would go this route with the Barc's---tight asses
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: July 28, 2006, 10:09 PM »
My Target has these on low clearance- but Greedo is the only one left.  I got him today for $3!
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #569 on: July 29, 2006, 01:55 AM »
That's sort of how it is here...  under $5 now and only Greedo and some others left.  Not much choice but eh, it's Target who hardly got much of VTSC in really.  They hit then if you missed the Luke's and Bikers you were SOL really.

WM stocked far more but only select WM's had them in my area...  I'd say only 2 I go to actually, out of like 6 or 7.